Author Topic: is there a diff between these two racquets?  (Read 2881 times)

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
is there a diff between these two racquets?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 09:44:11 PM »
looks like the head size is different.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 11:02:16 PM »
really thats all? it seemed alittle suspicous to me that one was 94 and the other was about 147
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 01:13:45 AM »
There doesn't seem to be any great difference between them.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 09:43:30 AM »
Plenty

The Npro is 18x18, kinda like the Head Radical.  a bit less powerful and more flexible than the Npro surge (16x19).  i havnt used either, but i assume they play nothing alike.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 09:44:25 AM »

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 01:49:38 PM »
Be the change that you seek.

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 02:05:42 PM »
ohh i think i like the look of that one better maybe. hmm now i ahve several choices. : /

wat did u get it strung w/ wilson?

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 02:06:14 PM »
Quote from: "thejackal"
Plenty

The Npro is 18x18, kinda like the Head Radical.  a bit less powerful and more flexible than the Npro surge (16x19).  i havnt used either, but i assume they play nothing alike.

which would u recomend i get out of those 2?

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 02:30:09 PM »
Quote from: "SerenaSlam06"
ohh i think i like the look of that one better maybe. hmm now i ahve several choices. : /

wat did u get it strung w/ wilson?

well I haven't gotten it yet and I don't think that it'll be strung. But I might go for either 55 or 65 depending on whether I decide to go for more power or control. As far as you racquet goes, there used to be this thing on Wilson's old website that matched u w/ your raquect after a mini quiz but they don't have that anymore. I think that if you're going for a slightly larger sweetspot, u should go for the second one. But the thing w/ that racquet, as opposed to the n6, is that it only works for one specific type of play, so if u decide to change your style to suit high level players, you're gonna have a hard time.

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 03:52:10 PM »
my current racquet is 18x18, im assuming u ment that the Surge ncode is the one more for one type of play?

also, i prefer head sizes 100 or lower.. on the tenniswarehouse site they gave a better description of the racquet

but wilson, am i right that u ment that the nPro98 ncode is the one for more than one type of play?

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 04:05:19 PM »
my current racquet is 18x18, im assuming u ment that the Surge ncode is the one more for one type of play?

also, i prefer head sizes 100 or lower.. on the tenniswarehouse site they gave a better description of the racquet

but wilson, am i right that u ment that the nPro98 ncode is the one for more than one type of play?

yeah that's what I meant. I also like tenniswarehouse for racquet discriptions b/c they have a lot of racquet reviews that give u a general idea of how the racquet is.

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 04:06:12 PM »
ya, im thinking of demoing it, i just realized u demo for free and all u need to pay for is shipping&handling on tenniswarehouse

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 04:11:21 PM »
ya, im thinking of demoing it, i just realized u demo for free and all u need to pay for is shipping&handling on tenniswarehouse

Were u gonna demo the n6 as well? If so, I don't think that u should get midplus b/c I've heard nothing good about that one. The Oversize hos all the good reviews. check this out to see what I'm talking about and pay attention to the headsize be4 u read the review...
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/feedback.html?pcode=WN6

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 05:01:27 PM »
hmm, idk, i havent played with like 110 in a while, and my 100 sq inch one is starting to seem a little bit big, so idk

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2006, 05:02:51 PM »
wat did u make of the new nBlade wilson?

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 05:28:34 PM »
Npro has a bit less power than the npro surge, less spin because of the denser pattern, bit more control.  The Surge swings heavier.  I would say that the Npro is a more powerful Radical while the Surge is like the Pure Drive with a bit less pop.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 08:11:39 PM »
wat did u make of the new nBlade wilson?

well, first off, it's pretty ugly. Unless u have extremely powerful strokes, don't expect many winners w/ that one. However, if u are more of a serve/volley/tactical player, then it might just work. It seems like one that a very advanced player would use though.

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 08:25:08 PM »
Quote from: "wilsonboy"

Were u gonna demo the n6 as well? If so, I don't think that u should get midplus b/c I've heard nothing good about that one. The Oversize hos all the good reviews. check this out to see what I'm talking about and pay attention to the headsize be4 u read the review...
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/feedback.html?pcode=WN6

The customer feedback is always good, WB. Nothing personal or anything but whenever you reed those kind of reviews, they're always really good for every racquet.