Poll

What should I get my new racquet strung with?

Prince Lightning XX 16G Tennis String
0 (0%)
Wilson Reaction 16G Tennis String
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: March 07, 2006, 06:25:53 PM

Author Topic: What should I get this racquet strung with?  (Read 3027 times)

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
What should I get this racquet strung with?
« on: March 07, 2006, 06:25:53 PM »
I love the Head I'm using, but I really feel I may be starting to get a bit above it's level, I still plan on using it as my second racquet, but I'm ordering this one: http://midwestsports.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_11510081_A_name_E_Wilson%20nPro%2098%20nCode%20Tennis%20Racquet

and am debating between this string:

http://midwestsports.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_31320021_A_Prince+Lightning+XX+16G+Tennis+String

or

http://midwestsports.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_31510052_A_Wilson+Reaction+16G+Tennis+String+

the first one is that was under the 'May we recommend' thing, the other was one that I've heard good things about, so the question is, the Prince string or the Wilson string?
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 06:43:41 PM »
Never hit with either of them. Can't really give my honest opinion...

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 06:51:03 PM »
What string do you use now?  Reaction should be better except for durability, which should be close.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 07:06:43 PM »
right now I use Head IntelliTour string bci have the iIntelligenceExtreme,i like it pretty well i suppose
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 07:17:43 PM »
How often do you break strings?  I'd also suggest Gamma Livewire Revelation (its like Reaction but a bit cheaper) or the Yonex 850.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 07:25:13 PM »
i ahvent broken a string yet on this racquet, ive hd the string job for like 5 months.

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 07:43:23 PM »
Move to a 17 gauge string.  The Npro has a denser string pattern, so it'll be good for touch and spin.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 07:45:54 PM »
ok, thanks for the tip, would u recommend the Gamma string or the Yonex string over oone or the toher?

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 10:37:56 PM »
I've used Revelation 17g for a while and have nothing bad to say about it (and i break strings pretty often).  Yonex i havn't used but I've heard good things about it on the TW forum - might be better than Gamma.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com