Author Topic: First Big Upset  (Read 1384 times)

Thomas

First Big Upset
« on: January 17, 2005, 11:22:01 AM »
Moya went down in four sets against spaniard Guillermo Garcia Lopez (watched him at SF in Chennai) excellent all court player (not the typical clay court player that spain have been producing)
Who else do you think will be next? Coria maybe (has a tough stop against Berdych)

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
First Big Upset
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 12:13:55 PM »
Yeah, Coria losing to Berdych wouldn't be a huge shocker.  Maybe Wayne Arthurs over Chela.  Labadze is pretty dangerous, but Roddick should win that one.

Thomas

Upset
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 12:56:25 PM »
Im not sure about Chela, he finds himself comfortable with serve and volley players (Dont know if you remember, he took the Great Sampras to 5 setters to years in a row in Melbourne when Chela was 19 and 20 years old)
On the other hand Kusnetzova positive for doping (ephedrin) in an exhibition in Belgium last year.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
First Big Upset
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 01:09:16 PM »
Busted!  Can't wait to see them make way to big of deal of something that is found in cold medicine!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline gm3106

• Tennis God
First Big Upset
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 01:54:54 PM »
Even before this result I expected Moya to go on the slide in 2005 because he has stayed in the top 10 the last couple of years without making any real impact e.g. winning another grand slam.  Does anyone else think that he has a chance to win another? I mean, it's difficult to see him winning one on hardcourts and Wimbledon is obviously out of the question adn there are better clay court players around these days e.g. Coria, Ferrero (if fit).

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
First Big Upset
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 04:06:10 PM »
No, I do not see him as a contender in any slams ever again.  Quarter finalist at best.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Thomas

First Big Upset
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 04:29:14 PM »
Its a difficult call. Moya has the game to win any slam (besides W)
Like he says, he is playing better tennis now than he played we he won Paris, but the rest of players improved as well.
Luck is an important factor at slams, draw, rain delays, injuries, muscular fatigue (specially at Oz and US because of the weather).
He has the game for a Grand Slam champion (thomas Johansson won Australia with half of Moyas game), so luck must be with him along the way.

True, any prescription cold medicine has it.
Ephedrin is also used to open lungs and have oxigen flow faster to your blood (better recovery for muscles).
Soccer players get busted on that all the time.

Offline frankfontaine

• Tennis Player
First Big Upset
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 07:35:40 PM »
I wouldn't consider Moya losing an upset.  In fact, I would consider it a normality.