Author Topic: Tennis4you - Tennis Journal  (Read 231059 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Tennis4you - Tennis Journal
« Reply #3120 on: November 22, 2012, 09:17:43 AM »
Dang!
6 days in a row!
Sounds like you're back to full speed/strength.
That's great news. ://

Am not sure how you do it since I'm out of gas by the time I get home.
Usually sleeping in me chair by 7:30 pm.

Hope you have a great day of Thanks with your family.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #3121 on: November 22, 2012, 05:54:09 PM »
Time for a day of rest, from tennis that is. 

I have played 6 days in a row and I am exhausted.  It took a set last night to get my legs under me.  I must have hit about 10 lobs that were as bad as they get just in the first set, made my opponents looks like Roddick hitting overheads.  Good news is we took the last two sets so it's a win.

I am 7-0 this season in the 4.5 USTA leagues.  Some tight matches, some push over matches.  Never started the season so well.  Played two solid 4.5 players Sunday with OSU, I think they were 5-1 this season.  We smoked them 2 & 2.  OSU played well and I played well too.  We were focused and pumped to play them.  All in all playing very well this winter.  Have some foot problems that the orthodics are keeping at bay enough to play tennis so that is all that counts.  :)

Happy turkey day!!!

Good to know that you are back on the courts in such fine shape. I actually played 5 days this last week but at nothing like that intensity  ..-) . Over the last few months, however, I've also been working on the top-spin lob which can cause much distress  :shakey: when done well at the right moment.

No tennis today, though  :crying: . Everyone is otherwise occupied.

Have more or less decided not to go to Cincy next year as I may need to get some surgery done at about that time. Last year was a bit disappointing, especially the final,  but I am tempted to send in the deposit, just in case things are better than expected health-wise.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #3122 on: November 24, 2012, 08:03:27 PM »
Hmmm, surgery is no fun, wishing you well and hoping it is minor and you heal up proper!

Played today, my legs are fried, and I do not think i ran more than normal, and I had two days rest.  I have been eating a ton of out to eat food, need to stop that.  I am at max weight again.  At good today but the night time has not yet come, this is usually my biggest problem.  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #3123 on: January 30, 2013, 05:00:12 PM »
Been a while since an update.

I am still overweight but playing good tennis.  Still moving well, staying focused, staying positive and racking in a lot of wins.  Still, I could move better if I shed a little weight. 

Have to play Jamesdster tonight in dubs.  It.  Is.  On!
Scott Baker

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #3124 on: February 17, 2013, 09:52:48 AM »
USTA tonight.  OSU and I won our first USTA match to start off the season right last week.  His shoulder is hurting him something fierce so he had to serve underhand.  Interesting match, but luckily we were on the bottom court and played (2) 4.0 players so we still easily took case of business. 
Scott Baker

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #3125 on: February 17, 2013, 12:26:41 PM »
USTA tonight.  OSU and I won our first USTA match to start off the season right last week. His shoulder is hurting him something fierce so he had to serve underhand.   Interesting match, but luckily we were on the bottom court and played (2) 4.0 players so we still easily took case of business.
That's just plain crazy! :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #3126 on: February 17, 2013, 12:31:13 PM »
USTA tonight.  OSU and I won our first USTA match to start off the season right last week.  His shoulder is hurting him something fierce so he had to serve underhand.  Interesting match, but luckily we were on the bottom court and played (2) 4.0 players so we still easily took case of business.

:scared: I hope he's OK. Well congrats! Is there any reason why OSU doesn't post any longer? I see he has an extensive journal!
Oh Sheesh Y'all T'was A Dream

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #3127 on: February 18, 2013, 04:12:15 PM »

:scared: I hope he's OK. Well congrats! Is there any reason why OSU doesn't post any longer? I see he has an extensive journal!

He has not posted for years, life has gotten too busy for him.

Got waxed last night in USTA dubs.  2 & 4.  It felt more like 1 & 1 though.  I played like poo and they played really well.  One of them is a 5.0 player, even had I played well I woudl have had more than my fair share to handle!
Scott Baker

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #3128 on: February 18, 2013, 04:47:25 PM »
Gotcha.

Well no worries, that sounds respectable considering they were a higher level and you were playing like "poo"  :))

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #3129 on: February 18, 2013, 06:05:39 PM »
Gotcha.

Well no worries, that sounds respectable considering they were a higher level and you were playing like "poo"  :))

Still, I was out for blood.  My volleys let me down something fierce, the best part of my game.  Was a real let down I could not contribute more.  Look forward to playing them again some time.
Scott Baker

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
« Reply #3130 on: February 18, 2013, 06:51:17 PM »
Still, I was out for blood.  My volleys let me down something fierce, the best part of my game.  Was a real let down I could not contribute more.  Look forward to playing them again some time.

When in doubt, start pushing  :)~ :)~ :)~