Author Topic: Wilsonboy Journal  (Read 53705 times)

Offline Sophie Hart

• Tennis Player
Re: Wilsonboy Journal ~ [HELP ME!!!!]
« Reply #280 on: October 18, 2010, 02:23:55 AM »
I Think consistancy and patience, should be there in the first plac. Injuries keep on coming and vanishing, what’s most important is the lesson these teach us. Whatever technique you use, it would be cured just make sure, it doesn’t weaken you, but strengthens you. Good Luck!!

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Re: Wilsonboy Journal
« Reply #281 on: January 22, 2011, 06:22:03 PM »
hahha!!!!
Wow, I'm reading a lot of my posts from when I was in high school and I can't help but laugh. I over-exaggerated so much and made myself seem like the greatest player when I really wasn't that great at the time. Idk why I thought it made me cool. The further I read into the thread, the more honest my posts become.
Just an interesting thought.

As for tennis, I haven't played at all. There's no player/court in my vicinity so It's just a lot of playing against the air in my bedroom. I work out a lot too so I'm still fit in general. I played ping pong the other day though and I still have the tennis reflex and stuff so that's good I guess for whenever I get out to an actual court. BLAAAH! I wanna play so bad!
oh well...
Be the change that you seek.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #282 on: January 23, 2011, 07:03:14 AM »
hahha!!!!
Wow, I'm reading a lot of my posts from when I was in high school and I can't help but laugh. I over-exaggerated so much and made myself seem like the greatest player when I really wasn't that great at the time. Idk why I thought it made me cool. The further I read into the thread, the more honest my posts become.
Just an interesting thought.

As for tennis, I haven't played at all. There's no player/court in my vicinity so It's just a lot of playing against the air in my bedroom. I work out a lot too so I'm still fit in general. I played ping pong the other day though and I still have the tennis reflex and stuff so that's good I guess for whenever I get out to an actual court. BLAAAH! I wanna play so bad!
oh well...
Cool! :gleam:

That's what I've been relegated too now that my knees have no cartiledge left.

http://www.tennis4you.com/forum/index.php?topic=10735.100
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #283 on: January 23, 2011, 07:05:37 AM »
That sucks (both of you) that you are no ton the courts.  WB, I bet there is tennis nearby, you just need to seek it.  You give me  the City you live in and I will start google earthing for tennis courts. : )
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #284 on: January 23, 2011, 02:41:16 PM »
That sucks (both of you) that you are no ton the courts.  WB, I bet there is tennis nearby, you just need to seek it.  You give me  the City you live in and I will start google earthing for tennis courts. : )

Lemme rephrase, there's no court within walkign distance of me lol. There are tennis courts in the vast majority of large neighborhoods in FL. Unfortunately, mine isn't that big. And the residents around me aren't subdivisions so I can't just hop over. Plus there's the issue of hitting partner lol. It's not a huge deal though.
 :)~

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #285 on: January 23, 2011, 02:45:26 PM »
get a bike
Scott Baker

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #286 on: January 23, 2011, 02:47:25 PM »
No, cause the I'll sweat. :cool:

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #287 on: January 23, 2011, 03:22:47 PM »
lol, uh oh... 
Scott Baker

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #288 on: June 03, 2013, 12:00:45 PM »
So it's been years.

I recently got a job at this cooperate office and it's literally across the street from this megagym in central Florida. One of the benefits of the job includes a free membership there which is about $100/mo. So blessed. Anyways, they have really nice tennis courts and offer a member included tennis cardio class a couple times a weeks and I've been taking them. Since the first class about 2 months ago I just basically fell back in love with tennis. I've been playing with a lot of the members there which are pretty good. And as of last week was asked to be a part of a 3.5 league team! Pretty cool.

I'm at that gym like every other day working out and really just getting my fitness back to a high level especially for tennis. The first week of playing a lot again left my legs so ridiculously sore. Like walking home after a match would hurt. But I've finally reached the point where I'm not really sore anymore after like 3 hours of drills and match-play. It's been really cool. The hardest thing for me to get back is my serve motion. Holy cow. In matchups, I have to resort to these baby serves just because trying to serve like old would leave me on a double faulting spree. Also my backhand technique took a dive too. Recent play has kind of taken me from going for all my shots with a power game that I was used to playing a few years ago, to just having to go back to the basics on the technique of everything and build from there. It's pretty exciting to be playing again overall though--especially with good players cause it helps me grow. So yah, that's the update!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #289 on: June 03, 2013, 12:53:54 PM »
Nice to see you back, hear you are well (and employed!) and have fallen in love with Mistress Tennis once again! :)

Pretty cool you're going to play in a league.
That can be tons of fun and a great way to meet other players/hitting partners.

Have fun!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #290 on: June 03, 2013, 11:33:43 PM »
True story! I see you still have that provocative avatar haha

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #291 on: June 04, 2013, 05:24:34 AM »
True story! I see you still have that provocative avatar haha
Hey Mistah, you had your chance to 'fix it' for me. :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #292 on: June 06, 2013, 07:26:24 AM »
Great hearing from you.
Welcome back and stay in touch  :) .