Author Topic: Wilsonboy Journal  (Read 56129 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Wilsonboy ~ Tennis Journal
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2006, 12:36:50 AM »
Quote from: "wilsonboy"
Quote from: "ChrisTaylor1987"
How long is your season over for? will you just play practice matches now in your time off? or take a couple of weeks off to help yourself mentally and physically. Don't get too down about being under- estimated, you just need to show them not to treat you like that anymore the next time you play for them. That's the best way to earn more respect and recognition.

uh... the season's over; as in OVER! as in, not until next january. I'm gonna try and get some USTA tournaments in and stuff to help me improve and I need to find a coach too... I'm pretty fit right now to tell u the truth w/ the exception of a few minor strains and stuff.

As ar as being respected, it's more the fact that I'm not given the CHANCE to prove myself. I didn't even play anyone that's ranked above me in tryouts. Next year, I'm gonna kick some serious ass though b/c I want that #1 spot bad!!! I'm gonna be training like crazy to get match tough.

Wow that's a short season and you sure have got a long time to wait. Definitely play a lot now before January just USTA Tournaments as you said, or just practice sessions with your coach(when you get a new one) or friends who also play tennis. This is a really big opportunity to improve in the next few months, so that you can go back there, and they have no option but to give you a chance. I really like the attitude from you that you're going to kick some ass, and your really want for that number 1 spot. That's great to see and that is a great feature of you, and can only help you and your confidence.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2006, 06:10:16 AM »
Thanks Chris. Okay, so today is the day that I get to finnish off my match from Friday(I know, that was a long time). I'm ready for my comeback (4 straight games for the match)!!!!!!
Be the change that you seek.

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2006, 07:17:49 AM »
Thanks Chris. Okay, so today is the day that I get to finnish off my match from Friday(I know, that was a long time). I'm ready for my comeback (4 straight games for the match)!!!!!!

One point at a time yo.  You never know how they might come out and play, including yourself.  Stay focused, play within yourself and tear the dude a new one!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2006, 07:55:32 AM »
okay, false alarm. I'm playin him tomorrow... :(

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2006, 03:54:41 PM »
Like Scott said Wilson 1 point at a time and you'll get the win under your belt, don't think I'm 4 games away from the win. Good luck Wilson and gee that match has been carried over a while.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline imkonadian88

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2006, 07:17:15 PM »
Quote from: "Jamesdster"
I  know you all admire me, but don't feel like you have to join me on the disabled list :)~

I think we are all heading for that, what with hearing about Wilsons injury and I have always had injury problems but seem to have the ability to keep going and just live with the pain. If I get another 25 years playing sport I'd be the happiest person on the planet.

but i thought you were only 18 years old...or maybe i misunderstood your comment on my blog...
move it.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2006, 12:15:26 AM »
Quote from: "imkonadian88"
I  know you all admire me, but don't feel like you have to join me on the disabled list :)~

I think we are all heading for that, what with hearing about Wilsons injury and I have always had injury problems but seem to have the ability to keep going and just live with the pain. If I get another 25 years playing sport I'd be the happiest person on the planet.

but i thought you were only 18 years old...or maybe i misunderstood your comment on my blog...

Yeah I'm 18 but have really suffered from a few injuries during the years, which sometimes have prevented me doing things and playing sports as I'd like. The last time I felt 100% fine must have been when I was about 10. It's been a bit downhill since.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2006, 12:52:52 AM »
Quote from: "imkonadian88"

Yeah I'm 18 but have really suffered from a few injuries during the years, which sometimes have prevented me doing things and playing sports as I'd like. The last time I felt 100% fine must have been when I was about 10. It's been a bit downhill since.

AWWWWWW!!! (tear, tear) I've been having lower back pain, specifically above my left (alright, I'm trying to be mature here) butt cheek. Pain would travel down my leg and into my knee. I thought it was sciatica. I went to my doctor and she said it came from my 35 pound backpack. hey, I'm a junior at a magnet school, I take three honors and one AP class, and I want to graduate summa cumn laude, I need those 35 pounds!

But anyway, good luck recovering from your injuries.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2006, 12:56:41 AM »
That sounds painful and must have been a really worry with the pain spanning over such a big part of the body, from the backside to the knee, must have been a relief to find out there was a definite reason it was happening- the really heavy bag. Hope your starting to feel less pain now after discovering what it is.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2006, 01:09:17 AM »
That sounds painful and must have been a really worry with the pain spanning over such a big part of the body, from the backside to the knee, must have been a relief to find out there was a definite reason it was happening- the really heavy bag. Hope your starting to feel less pain now after discovering what it is.

My back pain is MUCH better. Before i went to the doctor, I played some... what's it called... that game that's like tennis but played with the balls that have nets attached to them. Anyway, I played that and my back was KILLING me an hour later. My doctor told me to do some lower back and abdominal exercises and that lasted for about 5 minutes. My back still aches and I'll have that shooting pain in my leg maybe once or twice a week so it's not that bad now.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2006, 01:15:54 AM »
Good to hear that it is getting much easier, and you must let it have the time to get fully better before doing anything too stressful, otherwise you will never let it recover. Keep doing those exersises, and do not do anything too active or carry that really heavy bag around until it is fully better. Even then, it's risky to put that bag on with so much weight, as you may(probably) put yourself back in the same position as you have been recently.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2006, 09:52:05 AM »
I hate tennis...

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2006, 10:26:51 AM »
I hate tennis...

What's the problem this time? What has gone wrong for you?

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2006, 10:45:21 AM »
I hate tennis...

nooooooooooooo!  Did you lose?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2006, 06:08:06 AM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
I hate tennis...

nooooooooooooo!  Did you lose?

yeah, I couldn't find teh zone fast enough to close it out. saved a couple matchpoints to break though.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2006, 02:46:59 PM »
I quit tennis...

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2006, 02:57:02 PM »
I quit tennis...

What's wrong Wilson? I don't think you are serious, you're just disappointed about a loss or two probably.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2006, 03:04:47 PM »
I quit tennis...

What's wrong Wilson? I don't think you are serious, you're just disappointed about a loss or two probably.

no... I quit. It retarded. I just lost two matches in a row to friggin 3.0 players!!!

I hate playing low level players b/c my level just drops drastically when I do. My serve was s**t, my forehand was s**t, my backhand was pretty steady, my footwork was ridiculous, my anticipation was dreadful. It was so stupid. I don't want to make excuses but I think that I just get dehydrated easily; especially w/ Florida's high humidity. I didn't have any water in either of the matches in the past two days so I was basically playing on fumes. I felt like I was gonna die. I'm so sick of this. It's like every step I take forward, I get punched back two. Like I don't even want to play anymore b/c it's like I have no motivation or the support I need to get my head in the game. I was playing stupid. every net approach was retarded; I would just stand there and not even attempt to go for passing shots that I usually handle on a normal day. I've never played as badly as I have all week since I was a beginner. I hate this... so much.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2006, 03:20:26 PM »
Come on Wilson lets try to get that belief back into you. Firstly think about really good matches you have played in the past where you have come off court and thought to yourself, yeah that was a great showing from me. Get all the negatives thoughts straight out of your head and look at what you've done well in the game. Everybody goes through a tough patch and this looks to me as if this is what you've hit, so you just need to keep playing hard and really enjoying it and concentrating at all times to get the best out of your game and you will see the results. Also the fact that the High School season has finished may be a factor, you may lack a little motivation for a couple of weeks, knowing that you don't need to play events right now.

You've posted on here before now how you have been really pleased with aspects of your game, your forehand, serve, footwork and your backhand you say wasn't bad recently, so you know that you can do it, as you've done it in the past, you've just lost a little confidence in your game and mentally, so your in a stage of a let down. It's simple that you've played good matches in the past, so now you just need to keep working on the practice courts, regaining some of that confidence and believing that you are a good player and somebody who can improve much more. Never ever doubt yourself at anytime, you don't become a bad player just like that.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2006, 03:35:05 PM »
I just can't deal with it mentally. So many people are expecting me to fail. It's like I don't even expect myself to win anymore. I'm not tryin to throw a pity party or anything but I'm just venting. I feel like a brain tumor about to come along w/ all the stress I'm goin through. My confidence has hit rock bottom. No, It's penetrated the rock and is now exploring the relms of hell.

The thing that made the los hurt so bad was the fact that this was my fourth and final chance to win the class tournament and for some reason I just choked. I mean, I wanted it so badly. The players I played, I could have handed them bagles if I was playing at even half my best, but I couldn't even keep up. I would start out strong w/ breaks and stuff and then just cave in...