Author Topic: Wilsonboy Journal  (Read 52899 times)

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Wilsonboy ~ Tennis Journal
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2006, 09:27:45 AM »
Yeah I had 5 donuts yesterday and I know I'm going to regret it on the court this week.  Run that cheesecake off.

Offline suzy4hand

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2006, 12:26:47 PM »
i am so jealous you have a cheesecake factory!  i've been to the one in chicago several times.

if usually eat really well so when i do indulge, i'm always feelin it the next day!  but i'd be in serious trouble if i had a cheesecake factory!! haha

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2006, 01:57:09 PM »
they're supposed to be putting a cheesecake factor in our city's downtown area very soon. I've never been but I always hear such good things about the food. I can't wait to try it out.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2006, 06:01:55 AM »
Quote from: "Arcforce"
they're supposed to be putting a cheesecake factor in our city's downtown area very soon. I've never been but I always hear such good things about the food. I can't wait to try it out.

they don't have them there already? There's one at almost every mall in Florida.
Be the change that you seek.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2006, 07:46:02 AM »
Today, I didn't know we were gonna play b/c it kinda rained, but we went out. I wasn't dressed out so, of course, I had to play in my school clothes. I played against this really hard guy that i know I could beat if I was dressed out. I'm was down 3-5 but I break easier than I hold so I could have won ihs next service game. I really liked the way I was playing though. Very consistent with a lot of good shot producing. The control on my ncode is crazy, so many shots I thought were going out, dipped and hit the tape on the sidelines. I really liked my angles too. My serve, it was consistent, but it wasn't very agressive. That's pretty much what I think I need the most improvement on. I'd like to join a club or get a private coach, but i can't seem to get a hold of one...

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2006, 07:55:01 AM »
How many clubs are near you?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2006, 08:03:35 AM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
How many clubs are near you?

like a million. this is Florida: the unofficial tennis capital of the world. The thing is, I don't know where any of them are and/or I don't wanna pay an arm and a leg to join.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2006, 08:12:43 AM »
Do they make you join to just take lessons?

Here is the good news you Flordia dude...  They has to be a ton of people who give lessons outdoor all year long.  If you do not have a coach right now I highly suggest you get one.  They will help you more than you know.  

Check out the Teaching Pro Services Forum here and see if there is anyone giving hourly lessons in your area.  Post that you are looking for someone as well.  Hopefully you can find one before summer and then train with them all summer.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2006, 08:00:12 AM »
I just played the worst f**king match of my life. I saved 5 match points but seriously, 2-6 to friggin beginner really pisses me off. His shots were so weird; it was a like a pusher mixed with an all-around player. I played so bad. terrible. But, I know I only pay good against tough opponents so it doesn't really discourage me that much. But still, I shouldn't have even given him games...

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2006, 06:04:42 AM »
I played very strong yesterday (still not as good as I would have liked). I won 6-0, 6-2. I was serving at 5-1 in the second and then I just started thinking "I don't wanna beat him too bad"(which is a bad habit that I need to get rid of). Next thing u know, I was broken and at 5-2, he was picking up the pace. The last game was probably the longest game I've ever played. I wouldn't let him hold, and he wouldn't let me break. Eventually I won the game w/ his error.

But my favorite shot has to be a dropshot return TO a drop shot against me. It's fun to see my opponent get shocked.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2006, 07:24:49 PM »
I finally played today! My first match since May. I was terribly rusty during the match, but my strokes felt better than they were be4 my break. I won the match 3-6, 7-5, 6-1. I was returning at 4-5 in the second set and then I really stepped up my game. I only remember missing one first serve in the last set. I was pleased with my overall performance, but at the same time, I wasn't getting to a lot of shots that I usually got to. So I definitely need some conditioning be4 I start tournament play.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2006, 05:00:08 PM »
I'm playing my first tournament next weekend! AAAHH!!

Offline NJtennis11

• Tennis God
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2006, 10:28:36 PM »
Good luck, and go for your shots don't be tight!

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2006, 10:35:25 PM »
YOU CAN DO IT JIMMY..... tell us how it goes.GOOD LUCK.
"So soon it parted , lifting itself into the air. It bent the world did. High was low , low was high ,and so he soared into the ground that was the sky." Tyler Vergil

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2006, 11:26:05 AM »
thnx to all.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2006, 08:44:01 PM »
So again, I've had to cancel a USTA tournament for the 3rd consecutive week... The rain has prevented me from getting a proper practice session leading up to it... I would have just played the tournament anyways (my body handles extended brakes surprisingly well), but thought that I wanted to be able to walk the day after it. ha. Thank god it's florida where there are at least 2 tournaments every week... I can't wait for the clay one.

Offline NJtennis11

• Tennis God
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2006, 09:28:30 PM »
I like clay better than hardcourts, any idea if its green or red(my guess would be green).

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2006, 09:38:50 PM »
Quote from: "NJtennis11"
I like clay better than hardcourts, any idea if its green or red(my guess would be green).

I think it's green. I think all florida courts are green... I actually think I would like clay... I could really do some damage w/ angles and sliding... do u have any tips for clay?

Offline NJtennis11

• Tennis God
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2006, 10:41:09 PM »
Hmm, well I'd say you have to be patient and expect to be playing a lot of shots.  Spins, especially top spin really helps, it really jumps off the court.  Don't be afraid to mix it up too, some slices and high balls aren't a bad idea.  You can get away with being defensive much more on clay then on hardcourts, but don't change your game too much.

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2006, 10:43:49 PM »
i play clay often and  here are my tips ...stand a little farther from the baseline on difficult gets be patient you can get to the next one and finally ... finesse over power including on serve look for those angles
"So soon it parted , lifting itself into the air. It bent the world did. High was low , low was high ,and so he soared into the ground that was the sky." Tyler Vergil