Author Topic: Wilsonboy Journal  (Read 56513 times)

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Wilsonboy ~ Tennis Journal
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2006, 11:05:25 PM »
thanks a lot peeps.
Be the change that you seek.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2006, 08:44:27 AM »
I went hitting yesterday, and I must say that I'm amazed at how everything just seems to come back instatly. I just did some rallying and a couple serves. I've definitely slowed in my step since I haven't been in tennis shape since May. But I feel like I'm hitting a lot harder and with more dignity. I don't feel hesitant at all in going for big shots. But I'll have to see how I do in a real match to properly evaluate myself. It's still shocking though how well I'm playing even with the layoff...

Offline Creecher

• Tennis Player
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2006, 04:17:05 AM »
Rest does the body good - When will you play your next match?

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2006, 02:29:09 PM »
well, I always plan on playing, but then my hitting partner bails on the last minute. Hopefully I'll play this week and then do a clay tournament in two weeks or I'll do a hard court one next weekend... I might do one this weekend though.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2006, 05:40:06 PM »
OMG!!!!! I just played today and I'm am so freaking tired. I mean, I was out of breath in the first 30 minutes of hitting. My shots are still there, but the pace is definitely gone. And my movement is horrible due to my total lack of fitness... I'm gonna have to do some running b/c this is a huge wakeup call for what I need to do to get back in shape. I hate tennis, but I love it.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2006, 07:07:29 PM »
You are young and will snap back faster than us old geezers.  Hang in there!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2006, 06:03:46 AM »
I played yesterday against the #3 guy on my team from last year. I lost 6-7(4), 7-6(6), 4-6. I thought I played very well. My movement is still a bit fuzzy, but my groundstrokes feel so much more solid and harder than ever. I think it was because I actually remembered to keep my eye on the ball. It sounds so simple, but it's such a huge difference. The only things other than my fitness that I need to get in order is my serve placement (esp. on the second serve) and my crosscourt forehand.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2006, 01:40:56 PM »
I played yesterday in probably the cloest match of my life. I lost 5-7, 5-7 in a match that lasted almost three hours. IN the second set especially, the games were so close. I remember on going to deuce #14! And my last service game, the one I lost, I was so exhausted. But I'm proud of myself b/c my opponent was serving at 3-1 and I found the strength to fight him off be4 losing. I'm so sore right now...

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2006, 08:25:43 PM »
I have a C in APenglish so yeah... I won't be playing 'til like January :(

Offline Mystify

• Tennis God
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2006, 06:41:17 PM »
ewww I hope you start doing better good luck.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2007, 07:57:47 PM »
So I haven't played in like 4 months but I think I might be able to sneak out and play on Sunday. I can't wait to see what's changed...I've lost my six-pack so I know I'm gonna die afterwards.lol

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2007, 08:43:11 PM »
6 packs dont matter (unless if its with the ladies).  i play fine and ive got a keg.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2007, 06:09:53 AM »
Quote from: "thejackal"
6 packs dont matter (unless if its with the ladies).  i play fine and ive got a keg.

lmao... i guess it's more for cosmetic reasons...but I honestly don't feel "fit" unless I look fit. I mean, granted, I am pretty thin, but I'm slowly loosing shape in my muscles.lol

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2007, 09:12:28 AM »
So I'm back in my tennis class at school... well, I'm not really in the class, it's me and this other guy (the #3 guy from last year) who basically do our own drills and stuff. I hit on thursday and friday and now, after 3-4 months of not playing, my muscles are experiencing severe pain with every move I make!

Also, I broke my strings for the first time! I've had the same strings for almost a year.... usually I break my racquet before my strings get a chance to break. ANd the funny thing about it was that I was hitting better with the broken strings that when there weren't broken. So that leads me to believe that I need a raqcuet w/ much higher power level and/or I need to loosen my strings. So I'm getting my racquet redone from a 65lbs tension, to a 55 tension. On Teusday, I'll be a happy camper....

The tryouts for my team are on the 28th of this month so I'm using these 2-3 weeks to hone my skills as much as possible... I'm trying to get at least a #4 spot on the team. wish me luck! and I hope the soreness goes away soon.lol

Offline Mystify

• Tennis God
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2007, 09:21:58 PM »
ya i didnt play for like 3 weeks and when i started back, my muscles hurt so bad. so i am glad u have started tennis back. good luck!!!

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2007, 10:35:13 PM »
I played dreafully today... but I hope to redeem myself tomorrow...
I feel sick though... like I caught something over the weekend...

Offline Mystify

• Tennis God
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2007, 08:46:51 AM »
I hope u feel better!

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2007, 05:36:13 PM »
I played today using a friend of mine's racquet b/c I hadn't gotten mine restrung yet. I was so excited though b/c it was the N3 the Serena used to use. Man, that thing packs a punch. I had to redo my entire serving technique and my shots were a little inconsistent, but I think that with practice, I will love this racquet more than I do now...

I'm still not playing my best tennis though. For some reason, my footwork has just taken a hike on me... I never feel like I'm in a legitimate position to take a good crack at the ball. Granted, it might just be from the fact that I'm sick. But I used to be known for my speed so it's taking a toll on me mentally.

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2007, 08:04:28 PM »
Quote from: "wilsonboy"
I played today using a friend of mine's racquet b/c I hadn't gotten mine restrung yet. I was so excited though b/c it was the N3 the Serena used to use. Man, that thing packs a punch. I had to redo my entire serving technique and my shots were a little inconsistent, but I think that with practice, I will love this racquet more than I do now...

I'm still not playing my best tennis though. For some reason, my footwork has just taken a hike on me... I never feel like I'm in a legitimate position to take a good crack at the ball. Granted, it might just be from the fact that I'm sick. But I used to be known for my speed so it's taking a toll on me mentally.

It's hard to just jump back in.
Don't expect to have all your timing back yet.(Including footwork)
"So soon it parted , lifting itself into the air. It bent – the world did. High was low , low was high ,and so he soared into the ground that was the sky." Tyler Vergil

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2007, 08:56:41 PM »
For me the first time back is usually great. If I have a long lay-off I'm walking around hitting imaginary forehands and backhands and thinking about playing. When I imagine them I imagine hitting them correctly. When I do get back out on court I hit pretty good.
It's usually the second time back, when all the bad habits return and the body is just not up to it, that things really fall apart for me.
...sore after not hitting for 3 weeks!?!?! My goodness, when you get to be 40 you're really gonna have it hard. I get sore after not hitting for 6 or 8 weeks, but for me these days 3 weeks isn't really a long lay-off.  :(

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)