Author Topic: Wilsonboy Journal  (Read 57243 times)

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
Wilsonboy ~ Tennis Journal
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2007, 09:00:20 PM »
Quote from: "dmastous"
For me the first time back is usually great. If I have a long lay-off I'm walking around hitting imaginary forehands and backhands and thinking about playing. When I imagine them I imagine hitting them correctly. When I do get back out on court I hit pretty good.
It's usually the second time back, when all the bad habits return and the body is just not up to it, that things really fall apart for me.
...sore after not hitting for 3 weeks!?!?! My goodness, when you get to be 40 you're really gonna have it hard. I get sore after not hitting for 6 or 8 weeks, but for me these days 3 weeks isn't really a long lay-off.  :(

You're freaking me out!
Hopefully by the age of 20 they'll have figured out the immortality elixir mumbo-jumbo. :))
"So soon it parted , lifting itself into the air. It bent – the world did. High was low , low was high ,and so he soared into the ground that was the sky." Tyler Vergil

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2007, 09:10:33 PM »
Quote from: "blisteringboom"
For me the first time back is usually great. If I have a long lay-off I'm walking around hitting imaginary forehands and backhands and thinking about playing. When I imagine them I imagine hitting them correctly. When I do get back out on court I hit pretty good.
It's usually the second time back, when all the bad habits return and the body is just not up to it, that things really fall apart for me.
...sore after not hitting for 3 weeks!?!?! My goodness, when you get to be 40 you're really gonna have it hard. I get sore after not hitting for 6 or 8 weeks, but for me these days 3 weeks isn't really a long lay-off.  :(

You're freaking me out!
Hopefully by the age of 20 they'll have figured out the immortality elixir mumbo-jumbo. :))

Freaking you out how? Because I don't get sore after not playing for 3 weeks? Maybe I'm the freak!

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2007, 09:16:58 PM »

You're freaking me out!

Freaking you out how? Because I don't get sore after not playing for 3 weeks? Maybe I'm the freak!

Talking about how when were old our fitness level will diminish and we will slowly become fragile.
I don't wanna grow up! I said i don't wanna!( get to 20 and just stay in a stand still forever)
"So soon it parted , lifting itself into the air. It bent – the world did. High was low , low was high ,and so he soared into the ground that was the sky." Tyler Vergil

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2007, 09:22:45 PM »

You're freaking me out!

Talking about how when were old our fitness level will diminish and we will slowly become fragile.
I don't wanna grow up! I said i don't wanna!( get to 20 and just stay in a stand still forever)

I'll need to go back a couple decades to achieve that. Everyone gets there eventually. It was nice to be young and bullet proof. Play tennis for 5 hours head off to Taco Bell, then back for a couple more. Can't do that now. But I did hit with Scott for 90 minutes in Ohio, then folded myself into my car and drove for 15 hours back to NE. None the worse for wear after that. So, it's not that bad. Yet....

An ambition fulfilled

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2007, 10:10:31 PM »
um... I said I was out for 3 MONTHS not weeks... but the soreness is all gone. I'm just kind of sucking right now.lol
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Mystify

• Tennis God
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2007, 10:20:28 PM »
r u feeling better??

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2007, 10:41:53 PM »
Quote from: "Mystify"
r u feeling better??

not really.... it doesn't seem to be getting worse so I think in a couple of days I'll be okay. It sucks b/c I was supposed to sing the national anthem in front of my school tomorrow & now I can't.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2007, 10:57:27 PM »
Quote from: "wilsonboy"
um... I said I was out for 3 MONTHS not weeks... but the soreness is all gone. I'm just kind of sucking right now.lol

This is what I was responding to;

ya i didnt play for like 3 weeks and when i started back, my muscles hurt so bad.

3 months is a legit time off. I would definitly be suffering for about 2 days after playing following that long a lay-off. I feel your pain.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2007, 11:04:14 PM »

This is what I was responding to;

ya i didnt play for like 3 weeks and when i started back, my muscles hurt so bad.

3 months is a legit time off. I would definitly be suffering for about 2 days after playing following that long a lay-off. I feel your pain.

lol thanks... I took about 3 days off after that so that my muscles could heal back into fitness mode. there's a method to my madness.

Offline Mystify

• Tennis God
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2007, 08:45:00 AM »
r u feeling better??

not really.... it doesn't seem to be getting worse so I think in a couple of days I'll be okay. It sucks b/c I was supposed to sing the national anthem in front of my school tomorrow & now I can't.

oh to bad. get well soon!! :))

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #130 on: January 19, 2007, 05:55:06 PM »
Okay, so I played today and I did so well! I'm so proud of myself!! I've gotten accustomed to the N3 now and I'm hitting harder than ever. It feels amazing. And my footwork and everything was falling in place. The serve was a tad bit awry though. My first serve % was a little low. And also, I got a little fatigued during the match.

I lost 8-3 but I'm feeling confident. The match was soo much closer than the score shows. I'm a little upset though b/c a lot of my service games, I was up like 40-0 and either I would choke completely, or choke to deuce and then close it out. It was the same thing when I was returning.

One thing I realized today is how much more comfortable and confident I am at returning when i'm standing inside the baseline. i don't know why though. I've always done it, but when I had just come off the layoff, I was standing in the "usual" spot about a foot behind the baseline. But today when I stepped in, I was returing much better; and my opponent does not have a soft serve. I think I may have found out the reason though.... Whenever I think about my shots, I seldom hit them right. Thus, I think that b/c I'm so close in, the time it would take to 'think' about my shots is gone and I'm able to return better. And now I'm really liking my return game.... I just need to get my serve up to par w/ it though.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2007, 06:16:20 PM »
Great to hear you're feeling good about your game. Hope the serve comes around.
Was that a Pro Set?

An ambition fulfilled

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2007, 06:27:18 PM »
Was that a Pro Set?

yeah.... I'm gonna be playing soooo many Pro-sets over the next days to get match tough... team tryouts are the monday after next so I have to get into gear for that.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2007, 06:38:51 PM »
Was that a Pro Set?

yeah.... I'm gonna be playing soooo many Pro-sets over the next days to get match tough... team tryouts are the monday after next so I have to get into gear for that.

Wow!  Tryouts are here before you know it!  Good luck!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2007, 02:30:34 PM »
Wow I played extremely well. Like, I've never played like this before. I was getting everything back really hard and consistently. I'm really really gonna go crazy! This is really good and now I'm really confident about the tennis team tryouts. I think I just need to work a little bit on my serve placement b/c I kinda just hit it and it goes in... any tips?

Offline Mystify

• Tennis God
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2007, 02:58:25 PM »
Wow I played extremely well. Like, I've never played like this before. I was getting everything back really hard and consistently. I'm really really gonna go crazy! This is really good and now I'm really confident about the tennis team tryouts. I think I just need to work a little bit on my serve placement b/c I kinda just hit it and it goes in... any tips?

Well i am glad u r playing well :)  :)  :))  :))

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2007, 05:59:25 PM »
So I went from playing amazingly yesterday, to playing dreadfully today... I don't know what it was.. I like couldn't seem to get myself in the right position to hit the ball correctly. but at least I figured out my serve a little bit.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2007, 02:16:01 PM »
OMG! I swear I friggin hate tennis so much. I'm playing like crap and it's pissin me off so much. gosh!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2007, 02:20:37 PM »
OMG! I swear I friggin hate tennis so much. I'm playing like crap and it's pissin me off so much. gosh!!

It takes a lot of time to get good unless you have some serious coaching!   Give it time and you will love it!  I am obsessed......of course I have been playing for like 13-14 years.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2007, 02:31:18 PM »
Quote from: "OSU Buckeye"

It takes a lot of time to get good unless you have some serious coaching!   Give it time and you will love it!  I am obsessed......of course I have been playing for like 13-14 years.

I mean, I'm obsessed w/ it, but I just hate the ups and downs of the game.