Instructional Tennis > Tennis Journals

imkonadian88's tennis Journal

(1/8) > >>

imkonadian88:
hey, so i pulled a rotator muscle in my right leg after a practice..it still hurts :(
the worst thing is that the days i don't (or more like can't) play tennis are the BEST days ever to get out there and start hitting balls.

i hope i can get out tomorrow and start hitting some serves... :(

Jamesdster:
So, how's the injury doing?  I hope the lack of posting doesn't mean you can't play yet.

imkonadian88:

--- Quote from: "Jamesdster" ---So, how's the injury doing?  I hope the lack of posting doesn't mean you can't play yet.
--- End quote ---

well, it's a long story.
my trainer and my mother seem to have conflicting interests. but i follow my trainer's advice and just try to ease into the game..

on tuesday in racquet sports class (yes, we play tennis) i played with the boys. and of course, they all try to tattoo me. i try to escape, and in turn i do huge turns and leaps on the court. not a great idea when you pulled one of your leg muscles.

so i go home, complain in whiny voice to my mother, who then lashes out at me. i do deserve it.

so today, despite my mother's warning to not go to tennis, i did play tennis with other girls on my tennis team. it was awesome, in fact. i have a lot more consistency in my serves (particularly ones in deuce court--the right one, yes?) so that they end up saying 'nice serve'. i felt very proud and deserving of finally a distinguishable serve, after serving up about 14 carts of tennis balls so far...

i also did some nice returns though. better than just watching it pass by or being too scared to hit it, right? ;)

we played a set, won 6-3. it was sweet.

after the practice, i KNEW that my leg would sore up like it did the other day after that racquet sports class...so i was sitting on a heating pad for like an hour...i don't know if it was just me, but i felt some tension release on the back of my leg, like someone was massaging it and felt as if a cool sheet of ice was just put on the muscle itself.

i really do hope to gain more experience in my servings and such.
here are my problems with my game so far:

1] being too nervous in a game (in general)
2] being too excited for the ball coming towards me and choking up, flying the ball up and out.
3] return of serve (especially when it is fast)
4] hesitant to move to the net.

good luck with all of your games too :D

wilsonboy:

--- Quote from: "imkonadian88" ---
--- End quote ---

The best way I found to conquer this is to ask yourself "Why am I nervous?" Just focus only on the ball. YOu have to have the mentality that u are the sh!t all up in this and that no one can touch you!!! It helps a lot

--- Quote ---2] being too excited for the ball coming towards me and choking up, flying the ball up and out.
--- End quote ---

It really comes down to moving your feet; get out of the way of the ball. If it's deep and coming straigh at you, then u have no choice but to resort to a weak shot w/ relatively zero spin in order to get it back. It takes confidence to overcome that type of problem.

--- Quote ---3] return of serve (especially when it is fast)
--- End quote ---

Picture this: How many times have u been warming up and your opponent does some practice serves that u could literally walk to? It's the same in matches. I've just recently overcome that issue by just having that mentality. It really helps. Also, watch this video and it should help some.
http://uspta.com/html/Macci%20staying%20relaxed.wmv

--- Quote ---4] hesitant to move to the net.
--- End quote ---

Basically, if u're well within the no-man's-land, and you have ur opponent on the run, just jump up to the net. It really just takes practice.

HOpe all that helped :H

Tennis4you:

--- Quote from: "imkonadian88" ---
--- Quote from: "Jamesdster" ---So, how's the injury doing?  I hope the lack of posting doesn't mean you can't play yet.
--- End quote ---

well, it's a long story.
my trainer and my mother seem to have conflicting interests. but i follow my trainer's advice and just try to ease into the game..

on tuesday in racquet sports class (yes, we play tennis) i played with the boys. and of course, they all try to tattoo me. i try to escape, and in turn i do huge turns and leaps on the court. not a great idea when you pulled one of your leg muscles.

so i go home, complain in whiny voice to my mother, who then lashes out at me. i do deserve it.

so today, despite my mother's warning to not go to tennis, i did play tennis with other girls on my tennis team. it was awesome, in fact. i have a lot more consistency in my serves (particularly ones in deuce court--the right one, yes?) so that they end up saying 'nice serve'. i felt very proud and deserving of finally a distinguishable serve, after serving up about 14 carts of tennis balls so far...

i also did some nice returns though. better than just watching it pass by or being too scared to hit it, right? ;)

we played a set, won 6-3. it was sweet.

after the practice, i KNEW that my leg would sore up like it did the other day after that racquet sports class...so i was sitting on a heating pad for like an hour...i don't know if it was just me, but i felt some tension release on the back of my leg, like someone was massaging it and felt as if a cool sheet of ice was just put on the muscle itself.

i really do hope to gain more experience in my servings and such.
here are my problems with my game so far:

2] being too excited for the ball coming towards me and choking up, flying the ball up and out.
3] return of serve (especially when it is fast)
4] hesitant to move to the net.

good luck with all of your games too :D
--- End quote ---

imkonadian88,  it sounds like most of your problems just come with match experience.  The more you play the better you get at all situations.  School matches, leagues, tourneys, they are all great to toughen up mentally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version