Author Topic: imkonadian88's tennis Journal  (Read 10062 times)

Offline imkonadian88

• Tennis Enthusiast
imkonadian88's tennis Journal
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 12:40:11 AM »
Quote from: "ChrisTaylor1987"
Quote from: "imkonadian88"
Quote from: "thejackal"
Can you explain your screenname to me?

sure!! that was the first time i was asked that...and you would think that ppl would ask me this question a lott... :whistle:

im = i am

konadian = korean + canadian...i have double citizenship and have lived in both countries.

88 = my year of birth.

and if you know canadian beer commercials, (for the brand Canadian Beer), they always say at the end, "I AM CANADIAN!"
and i remember that I really liked that commercial. (no, not because it was a beer commercial.)

so there you go. my name is imkonadian88.

I got that one right then :H  as I looked at it the other day and thought it must be I am Canadian and then realised you lived in the USA so thought maybe I hadn't got it right, but now I find out I did get it right which is good, I knew the 88 would be your birth year, as is the same with my user name. Must say it's a good one to come up with.

well, what can i say? my ingenuity even shines through an internet tennis forum username.  :)~
move it.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 12:53:15 AM »
Quote from: "ChrisTaylor1987"
Can you explain your screenname to me?

sure!! that was the first time i was asked that...and you would think that ppl would ask me this question a lott... :whistle:

im = i am

konadian = korean + canadian...i have double citizenship and have lived in both countries.

88 = my year of birth.

and if you know canadian beer commercials, (for the brand Canadian Beer), they always say at the end, "I AM CANADIAN!"
and i remember that I really liked that commercial. (no, not because it was a beer commercial.)

so there you go. my name is imkonadian88.

I got that one right then :H  as I looked at it the other day and thought it must be I am Canadian and then realised you lived in the USA so thought maybe I hadn't got it right, but now I find out I did get it right which is good, I knew the 88 would be your birth year, as is the same with my user name. Must say it's a good one to come up with.

well, what can i say? my ingenuity even shines through an internet tennis forum username.  :)~

Yeah think you're right there :))
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 08:08:08 PM »
Good to see a fellow displaced Canadian (I live in Montreal right now, but I'm moving this summer).
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline imkonadian88

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 11:35:27 PM »
where are you moving to?
move it.

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2006, 10:10:19 AM »
vermont
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline NJtennis11

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2006, 10:12:45 AM »
Vermont is very nice, where in Vermont?

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2006, 11:41:58 AM »
not sure yet
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline imkonadian88

• Tennis Enthusiast
it's been a looong time, my friends.
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2006, 01:00:57 AM »
*caresses my racquet* it indeed has been. i'm looking forward to this weekend...AP exams and SAT will be over so soon, leaving me lots of time with me and my racquet. XD
move it.

Offline cgw

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2006, 08:40:58 AM »
vermont

Ah, yes, Vermont...a/k/a Baja Quebec
She KNEW she had a big fat ass...and her attitude was "Kiss it!"

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2006, 12:02:45 AM »
GOOD LUCK konadian reading your blog seems like you are quite the tennis enthusiast keep it up and before you know it maria sharapova will be on the other side of the court lol... and would yo do me a favor and tell her to shut her f***ing mouth cause she is an annoying c**nt scab good night to all
"So soon it parted , lifting itself into the air. It bent the world did. High was low , low was high ,and so he soared into the ground that was the sky." Tyler Vergil

Offline imkonadian88

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2006, 12:54:05 PM »
yowza. why so harsh to sharapova?

anyways, it seems like ages that I have been away from the beloved tennis4you column. I have been thoroughly enjoying summer, along with my awesome tennis lessons. I am learning to be more aggressive, all-courter player. My coach seems determined to get me on that varsity team next year, as am I.

I am usually a quiet girl, but watch me later, you'll see me a vicious vixen out on the court! ;)

good summer to you all. it is so hot!
oh, one tip: try not to play tennis at noon to one. yup, you guessed it. that's when my lessons are. he says it's "all in my head". ;>)
move it.

Offline imkonadian88

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2006, 03:10:51 AM »
hello, hello, to everyone who unseemingly missed me :D

it's been about 5th lesson with my instructor now, and he suggested hitting the walls. XD it's fun! i'll do it for hours! and hours! and hours!

any fun drill suggestion while hitting the wall?
move it.

Offline imkonadian88

• Tennis Enthusiast
end of summer....end of tennis ;>)
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2006, 03:05:18 PM »
;>) it has been fun doing lessons with my instructor, tony smith. he was incredibly helpful, reminding me of few things:

if i want to be in varsity next year, i should be VERY competent in:

1]groundstrokes
2]volleys
3]all-court play

i think my groundstrokes are starting to settle down, just having a LOT of trouble with volleys. I learned to slice/drop, and i must say, i love my backhand slice (even though it is very new to me, i feel very comfortable going for this shot...)

i have also learned to put pressure on my opponent with different serves (topspin, flat, slice/kick)

i was just watching wilsonboy's video that he put up on myspace (i look at it daily, it's like a psych-up tennis thing for me XD) and was reminded again how much i love tennis. :D

-koo
move it.

Offline imkonadian88

• Tennis Enthusiast
great for stress relief..
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2006, 01:17:10 AM »
so i was just having trouble with my parents, was really mad, went out to hit walls.

it really was exhilarating, nothing but me, some balls (although many of them got wet because of the rain a few days ago, and it created some puddles...:S) worked on my slice, footwork, and forehand..

question...when i execute my forehand, why does it feel as if i am swinging with my wrist, even though i do the follow through?? i would NOT want another injury...at least not during the marching band season :]

it felt great. this is why i love tennis ;) my parents went so far as to tell me that i can be enrolled in rick macci's summer tennis camp if i get into colleges that i want to go (or rather, my PARENTs want me to go to)

when i got back home, i told them i was reading outside my house so i couldn't hear their phone calls :-p i'm sure they've done these kind of white lies before, right? hehe...but i really needed this kind of break away from all the talk of dooms and problems in this world, take my racquet, and slowly work on my backhand slices (which, btw, is becoming more and more vicious :D)

so, there you go, that was basically the highlight of my day. tennis. :] good night everyone.
move it.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2006, 05:57:52 AM »
Part of the reason why u probably feel like you have too much pressure on your wrist is b/c you aren't taking the racquet back early/far enough. Thus, your wrist is making up for the lack of preparation.
Be the change that you seek.

Offline imkonadian88

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2006, 09:48:42 PM »
thanks wilsonboy for that tip...yup i've heard this from my tennis teacher as well, "bring your racquet back early".

after band camp, i saw guys tennis playing...top court play was awesome. a match between a senior and a sophomore, but both varsity...senior won 6-2, but i think the sopho had some drives, great groundies, and a little bit eccentric serve (althogh i think he does that to compensate for his height). then the sophomore pounded on another lower-level varsity junior. ;)

i have so much energy after band camp, so from tomorrow i'll be hitting walls :] yay

summer's almost coming to an end....how was everybody's summer? what do you anticipate for in the fall?

me? i anticipate marching band, yet i dread college apps... :S
move it.

Offline imkonadian88

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2006, 10:19:17 PM »
so, thus ends band camp, and thus begins school....
i thought i'd get to sleep in tomorrow (tomorrow's the orientation day for freshman) but i cant...o well. at least i'll be able to hit some tomorrow, relieve some stress before starting schooL!!! :D
move it.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2006, 11:38:13 AM »
so, thus ends band camp, and thus begins school....
i thought i'd get to sleep in tomorrow (tomorrow's the orientation day for freshman) but i cant...o well. at least i'll be able to hit some tomorrow, relieve some stress before starting schooL!!! :D

So, was band camp brutal?  My brothers and sis did that and I know it is pretty intense!  Of course it was always super hot for that week.

Offline imkonadian88

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2006, 12:22:34 AM »
you know it! it was pretty bad, we had some people passing out, hyperventilating, etc...all on 90+ weathers at the astroturf football field (which adds another 10+degree to the heat) but we survived. we're almost done our drill and music for our opener...soo excited XD

i didn't really get to hit today..will hit tomorrow, hopefully *crosses fingers*
move it.