Author Topic: Tennis Videos  (Read 4078 times)

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
Tennis Videos
« on: April 21, 2006, 07:08:24 PM »
I just ordered the DVD's of the 2005 Women's Final at Wimbledon and the 1980 final between McEnroe and Borg also on DVD from Tennis Warehouse, there a good deal I think, $15 each. I can't wait to get them.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
Tennis Videos
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 11:11:28 PM »
Maybe not. I ordered the 2005 AO semi Safin/Fed and 2003 AO 1/4 Roddick/ El Aynaoui and it was $16 including shipping. I used www.thetennisnexus.com website to order mine. He has a HUGE collection of matches.

Offline Marty-Dom

• Tennis God
Tennis Videos
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 01:26:04 AM »
http://www.tennisdvds.net/ is the cheapest and most complete source for great matches. It is ATP heavy, but the DVD's are less than $10.00 each including shipping.
I bought from him before and can vouch for the quality and service. He's on eBay as well.

Offline suzy4hand

• Tennis Addict
Tennis Videos
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 01:41:26 AM »
Quote from: "blackgirltennis"
Maybe not. I ordered the 2005 AO semi Safin/Fed and 2003 AO 1/4 Roddick/ El Aynaoui and it was $16 including shipping. I used www.thetennisnexus.com website to order mine. He has a HUGE collection of matches.

i would definitely go with the tennis nexus, i've gotten a few from them and they're all great quality, plus only $7 each plus shipping

Offline JadeFox21

• Tennis God
Re: Tennis Videos
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 02:17:53 PM »
Quote from: "SerenaSlam06"
I just ordered the DVD's of the 2005 Women's Final at Wimbledon and the 1980 final between McEnroe and Borg also on DVD from Tennis Warehouse, there a good deal I think, $15 each. I can't wait to get them.

The Borg/McEnroe 1980 Wimby Final is a classic.  I saw that on TV 'live'.  I was a huge Borg fan back then and it was a nail-biter.  Especially that 4th set tiebreak.  When Borg lost it, I really thought he would lose the match.  But he regrouped and just played his heart out in the 5th...both did, actually.  One of the best ever.

As for ordering, I just ordered five DVDs from 'tennisdvds.net'.  But it sounds like all the sites listed here are good.
Addicted to the Fed Express

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Tennis Videos
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 02:43:53 PM »
Quote from: "Marty-Dom"
http://www.tennisdvds.net/ is the cheapest and most complete source for great matches. It is ATP heavy, but the DVD's are less than $10.00 each including shipping.
I bought from him before and can vouch for the quality and service. He's on eBay as well.

I agree... I have lots of dvds from Adrian at www.tennisdvds.net and his are 5-star quality and very inexpensive!

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Tennis Videos
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 06:59:21 PM »
whoa! nice avatar dallas! (mkes me want a Federer one. not).

Anyways, I can't seem to find any dvd's of Serena at the Australian Open in 2005. can anyone help?
Be the change that you seek.

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
Tennis Videos
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 08:13:46 PM »
Wilson, I changed my avatar for you since you said you wanted to use one from that YEC.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Tennis Videos
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2006, 08:28:38 PM »
Quote from: "wilsonboy"
whoa! nice avatar dallas! (mkes me want a Federer one. not).

Anyways, I can't seem to find any dvd's of Serena at the Australian Open in 2005. can anyone help?

Thanks!  And thanks to Scott for helping me get it.  I know of a site for you wilsonboy... this site has the 2005 Final vs Davenport and the SF vs Sharapova. Try:
masteroftennis779@yahoo.com

I've ordered from this site before and they are of good quality, plus only $7 plus shipping!

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
Tennis Videos
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2006, 08:29:57 PM »

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
Tennis Videos
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2006, 08:31:24 PM »
http://www.tennis4you.com/forum-images/avatars/serena-slam/20.jpg

Thought you might like that one too Dallas.

Yes that's a good one too! :))

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
Tennis Videos
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 08:32:31 PM »
I also have a cool black&white one of him upclose when he is volleying

http://www.tennis4you.com/forum-images/avatars/serena-slam/11.jpg

feel free to use those 2 whenever you like.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
Tennis Videos
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2006, 08:35:25 PM »
I also have a cool black&white one of him upclose when he is volleying

http://www.tennis4you.com/forum-images/avatars/serena-slam/11.jpg

feel free to use those 2 whenever you like.

I will... thanks!  I probably want to change mine maybe for every tournament (like on rogerfederer.com...they change the colors after every tournament!)... :H

Offline JadeFox21

• Tennis God
Tennis Videos
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 10:46:18 AM »
Quote from: "Dallas"
I will... thanks!  I probably want to change mine maybe for every tournament (like on rogerfederer.com...they change the colors after every tournament!)... :H

Actually rf.com changes the background color based on the season - not after every tournament.  Right now it is rust-colored for the claycourt season.  It will change to green when the grass-court season comes along.
Addicted to the Fed Express

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
Tennis Videos
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 02:09:38 PM »
Quote from: "JadeFox21"
Quote from: "Dallas"

Actually rf.com changes the background color based on the season - not after every tournament.  Right now it is rust-colored for the claycourt season.  It will change to green when the grass-court season comes along.

You're right... I know it was blue just before this (for hardcourt?)... Anyway, I think it's great to change the colors.  I remember when they first started changing some of the colors were really hard to take (or read)...but they've done a great job lately.  Love reading your posts as well over there! :H

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Tennis Videos
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 09:56:43 PM »
WB, I have the entire match with Maria on dvd. We recorded it on VHS & then my dad converted it to DVD. The quality is pretty s**tty and its hard to even see where the ball is going sometiems bc it blends in with the court so easily but hey, better than nothing.

Sure wish I knew how to upload movies up to the comp or I'd do it for you.

And SS: I have the 05 Wimbledon final! My dad bought it for me for my birthday...It was the only birthday present that I actually got ON my birthday. Made me very happy...

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Tennis Videos
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 06:05:05 AM »
save the file to ur computer and then upload it to youtube or something like that.
Be the change that you seek.

Offline retro

• Tennis God
Tennis Videos
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2006, 12:37:54 PM »
save the file to ur computer and then upload it to youtube or something like that.

If only it were that simple. ..-)
First you have to" rip" the DVD to your hardrive. Then you have to covert the VOB/IFo files to AVI. Then you have compress the AVi using DIVX. And then you can upload which takes hours depending on your internet connection. And If it true that the match is bad quality on DVD, its gonna to be worse on your computer screen because of the compression.
--------------------------------------------------------
also keep listing the sites that sell matches too :H
I lost the will to live mid way through the first set!
 ~*Supernova*~   from wtaworld.com

Victoria Azarenka d. Kaia Kanepi 7-6(5) 6-3
May 7, 2009

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Tennis Videos
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2006, 03:05:46 PM »
Quote from: "retro"

If only it were that simple. ..-)
First you have to" rip" the DVD to your hardrive. Then you have to covert the VOB/IFo files to AVI. Then you have compress the AVi using DIVX. And then you can upload which takes hours depending on your internet connection. And If it true that the match is bad quality on DVD, its gonna to be worse on your computer screen because of the compression.
--------------------------------------------------------
also keep listing the sites that sell matches too :H

lol I had a good feeling it was a lot more complicated than it sounded.

Offline Wimbledon_05_Venus

• Tennis God
Tennis Videos
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2006, 07:13:09 PM »
www.williamssisters.org has just about every great match Venus and Serena has played.

http://venusandserena.homestead.com/videos.html

Edited