Author Topic: super_dinosaur's tennis Journal  (Read 2130 times)

Offline super_dinosaur

• Tennis Player
super_dinosaur's tennis Journal
« on: April 24, 2006, 07:52:54 AM »
well hey im new and this forum looks pretty cool so i decided to join up
my stats are
height: 165cm
weight: not much
level: (i dont know much about all these numbers everyone's using, most likely it isnt used in australia
hand: right
backhand: two handed
strength: speed, backhand, backhand approach shot
weakness: second serve, pressure
fav stroke: backhand
style: no idea but i dont like pushing
doubles/singles: play much better in singles as there's less pressure and everything seems to go in
fav surface: grass (sliding is fun)

Offline super_dinosaur

• Tennis Player
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 07:56:45 AM »
Well to start off, tennis season just finished since it is now Autumn and  had a recent ankle injury but played for the first time in a while against my uncle yesterday. I have to admit I was a bit rusty but when we started playing serious, the adrenaline started pumping through me and i started to get back to my former self and started hitting the shots cleanly. I even got an ace, which is quite special as my first serve is not the fastest out there. I didn't get broken once after my first service game (which went miserably), but i didn't break him either which was disappointing. I'm missing playing competitively already...another 6 more months until tennis season starts again  :(

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 08:21:45 AM »
Welcome to the boards super_dinosaur :welcome) , hope you enjoy your time on the boards and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your game, although it's a bit of a downer for you that your competitive season doesn't start for another 6 months. Makesure you use your 6 months away from competitive tennis wisely, improving all aspects of your game, and becoming stronger, in order for you to hit the ground running come 6 months time, and so that you are a better player than when your season finished.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 08:32:21 AM »
Quote from: "super_dinosaur"
Well to start off, tennis season just finished since it is now Autumn and  had a recent ankle injury but played for the first time in a while against my uncle yesterday. I have to admit I was a bit rusty but when we started playing serious, the adrenaline started pumping through me and i started to get back to my former self and started hitting the shots cleanly. I even got an ace, which is quite special as my first serve is not the fastest out there. I didn't get broken once after my first service game (which went miserably), but i didn't break him either which was disappointing. I'm missing playing competitively already...another 6 more months until tennis season starts again  :(

Awesome!  Welcome to the forums!

Is there any tournaments near by you can play, maybe leagues or something to get you back into competitive tennis and keeping you match tough?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »
More members :)  welcome young lad i hope you enjoy  your time on the boards and to check your lvl find you ntrp rating it is described by word you should get an idea of where you are at.
"So soon it parted , lifting itself into the air. It bent the world did. High was low , low was high ,and so he soared into the ground that was the sky." Tyler Vergil