Author Topic: I luv u 2!  (Read 3643 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
I luv u 2!
« on: January 22, 2005, 05:05:49 PM »

hee
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
I luv u 2!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 07:11:32 PM »
Lesbian love?

Kuznetsova fits the BUTCH description.... :angle-not:

Offline val

• Tennis Enthusiast
I luv u 2!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 08:00:22 PM »
Thanks for posting this so quickly.  This place is amazingly sophmoric, maybe because there's just not too much you can talk about in tennis, so you have to post pictures and make make comments about people's appearances.  I've liked the rest of the site, but Scott, you're presiding over my junior high school and I grew up a long time ago.

Now, can someone point me the way to a board that just talks about tennis?

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
I luv u 2!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 08:49:33 PM »
Val,

We've all grown up.   Adults can be silly, too.  Growing up also means learning to not take everything, especially oneself, so seriously.

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
I luv u 2!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 08:54:20 PM »
This isn't in direct response to Val, but just in general...

To me, talking about tennis totally permits talking about how the players look (Hantchukova is anorexic?... Serena's new outfit... Agassi is looking THIN!... Roddick stopped wearing a visor?... Nadal's shorts...), the things they say, gossip, and talking smack.  

Likewise, if I were at an NBA board, I doubt people would flame me for talking about Kobe's rape trial... or Shaq's 50,000 square feet house on Cribs... or Sam Cassal being the ugliest human on the planet... or how the WNBA sucks... etc.

We ARE talking about tennis.  And like all message boards, the people who like the place will stay and the others are more than welcome to find a place more to their liking.  The internet has something for everybody.  It's really pointless to stay in one place and complain.

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
I luv u 2!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 08:57:38 PM »
://
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
I luv u 2!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »
Kuznetzova is getting some scary results.  She's steamrolling her opponents.  She seems like a very strong-willed, determined girl, and I'm beginning to wonder if she can actually win a second slam.

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
I luv u 2!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 10:33:59 PM »
I think she's definitely slam-winning material. If you just see her, she's got the game to win a slam. But when you think about all of the OTHER players on tour you have to wonder just how long she could keep it up becuz she'd have to play a number of amazing matches to get thru all of the factors in the slams now.

She seems like a nice girl tho...I'd like to see her win again. Never the less, she still look like a man.  :)~

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
I luv u 2!
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 10:41:20 PM »
Slam this site if you will, but I have seen the other message boards.  This one is by far and away one of the most mature and we have some VERY knowledge people here.  If Getty Images thinks the images is worth showing, why can't I.  It is obviously showcased because it looks like something odd.

But why not flame us for all the instructional help we dish out here when people need help.  Or all the slam talk.  This is just one stupid little thread, and like McIll said, we are just being silly.
Scott Baker

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
I luv u 2!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2005, 10:44:48 PM »
Guys, plz dont get all worked up and ancy over what Val said. No offense to Val or anything but I love the friendly spirit of this board and that's something I can't say is present about boards like Fabulous Williams Sisters. Its like a dictatorship there -- most of the reason that I've decided to stop posting there and just use it for information. Cuz if you say the wrong thing on the wrong day, you might get chewed out by that bia bia Ludie. Here, its nothing like that We can all have fun and do things like be silly about funny little pictures.

I think Val's comments were pretty farfetched and I say keep on truckin guys. All in good fun --   :uh:

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
I luv u 2!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2005, 11:05:03 PM »
Its like a dictatorship there -- most of the reason that I've decided to stop posting there and just use it for information.

I couldn't have said it better.  ://

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
I luv u 2!
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2005, 11:22:44 PM »
://  ://

I am not worked up, just trying to make a point.  I should of probably just been quiet though.  :)
Scott Baker

Offline Hoytie

• Tennis God
  • My British Blue Shorthair, Joshua, a Tennis Fan.
I luv u 2!
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2005, 10:22:00 AM »
On that note . . . I still think Michael Chang donated his legs upon his retirement to Kuznetsova.  Who cares what she looks like.  I hope she wins this #@&^#()   tournament.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
I luv u 2!
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2005, 10:58:16 AM »
lol

U sayign she is not attractive or something?

Scott Baker

Offline steviestyles

• Tennis Player
I luv u 2!
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2005, 03:58:24 PM »
It's like talking about rany mosses haircut or terrel owens touchdown dances it has nothing to do with the sport but is closely related and are fun topics to talk about  it would be boring if everyone talked about fundamentals

Offline val

• Tennis Enthusiast
I luv u 2!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2005, 07:37:51 PM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"

But why not flame us for all the instructional help we dish out here when people need help.  Or all the slam talk.  This is just one stupid little thread, and like McIll said, we are just being silly.

Actually, the instructional aspect is why I came here and why I bothered with this board at all.  I have learned a lot, thank you for that.  And in the past couple of days I've looked around more and not found the wealth of information I've found here.  You really have done well.

However, the point remains, this is not one isolated thread.  There's a thread where someone posted a pic of Sharapova in a gown of all things and then the second post called her a whore.  Then you've got someone predicting a Kuznetsova win and you post that picture of her.  I guess I post out of frustration.  I don't revel in that level of immaturity.  I frequent a football board and a soccer board and have read thousands of threads and tens of thousands of posts in the past three years.  I've never seen anything like this.

The problem is that tennis is minor league in this country and it used to be a major sport.  Part of the problem comes from the fact that the only press this sport gets is when someone is critiquing Serena's latest costume or drooling over Kournikova.  And most of the rest of the sports loving America really doesn't care about Serena's clothes or Anna's looks, yet I've found that tennis fans seem to care about these things.  If you don't expect more from your sport as tennis lovers, you'll never get more from the ESPNs of the world.  Worrying about such things makes you seem (seem, mind you) that you really don't know your sport.  Certainly not compared to your average baseball or football fan.  And as someone who's just dipping his toe into this sport, that is sad.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
I luv u 2!
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2005, 07:45:42 PM »
I am glad you have found this site helpful in terms of the instructional aspect, it is what Tennis4you is mainly set up on and it is it's foundation.  We do like to goof off and have some fun time to time.  Not that helping others play better tennis is not fun, I love doing it hence the site.  I do it for free and always will.  I hope you stick around.

As far as the football and soccer threads..  Females do not play football, although I have seen some interesting pics of cheerleaders, and soccer, well, very few females as well.  Tennis is 1/2 females.  Some of them dress funny, some of them say weird stuff and so on, it will usually draw some comments from people.
Scott Baker

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
I luv u 2!
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2005, 08:03:02 PM »
Quote from: "val"
Quote from: "Tennis4you"

Part of the problem comes from the fact that the only press this sport gets is when someone is critiquing Serena's latest costume or drooling over Kournikova.  And most of the rest of the sports loving America really doesn't care about Serena's clothes or Anna's looks, yet I've found that tennis fans seem to care about these things.  If you don't expect more from your sport as tennis lovers, you'll never get more from the ESPNs of the world.  Worrying about such things makes you seem (seem, mind you) that you really don't know your sport.
I respectfully think you're way off base.  Guys drooling over Anna Kournikova was great for the sport, and a lot of girls on the tour will admit that, reluctantly or otherwise.  

Venus and Serena are two black girls who grew up in Compton (until the tennis scholarship).  That's why people are fascinated by them.  If they were two white girls from La Jolla, nobody would care.

The general sports loving public don't care about the technical aspects of tennis, only we do.  What they ARE interested in is the human aspect.  Sports is character driven.  When Armstrong got cancer interest in the Tour de France jumped in the USA.  Nobody cared about technical aspects of biking, they were intrigued by the premise of the world's greatest biker is mortal like the rest of us, yet his superhuman determination not only allows him to beat cancer, but to win the toughest race in the world... yet again!

America is fascinated by two poor black girls from the ghetto dominating in a sports that's traditionally perceived to be a rich white person's sport.  People talked about the hottest girl in sports, Anna, making so much money, getting so much publicity, when she hasn't even won a tournament yet.  

Etc.  My point is simply that in order to attract more tennis fans, we have to promote personalities, not technical jargon.  Although, really, this board really isn't the vanguard for promoting the sport of tennis.  If somebody even posts here there's a good chance they're already a member of the choir. :)

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
I luv u 2!
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2005, 08:04:00 PM »
Val, I dont mean to be rude or attacking but if it bothers you that much then just stop reading and posting. You're the first person to ever come by here complaining since my time on the board. And to me that means that there isn't really a major problem.

So just ignore the things you dislike and stick around -- even have some fun with us at times.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
I luv u 2!
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2005, 10:28:49 PM »
MC, I believe Val was referring to the focus on Serena's clothes, not the backstory on the Williams sisters' rise to the top of tennis.

Val, stick around as long as you'd like. It's great to have a dissenting voice on the board. You just learn to give some comments and/or people less weight than others.