Author Topic: Sharapova-Ferrero connection?  (Read 1616 times)

Offline kungpaobenji27

• Tennis Addict
Sharapova-Ferrero connection?
« on: January 23, 2005, 10:24:52 AM »
http://www.theage.com.au/news/Tennis/Sharapova-adds-allure-to-the-court/2005/01/19/1106110810929.html?oneclick=true

Sounds kinda weird.  They did play some mixed doubles in a Hong Kong exhibition.  Maria is attractive and all but Juan did have a really hot girlfriend.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 10:40:56 AM »
Can you copy paste the article here?  It wanted me to sign up, too lazy right now. : )
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 12:10:23 PM »
One of the commentators made mention of Maria & Juan being spotted out to eat together. Suspicious? I think so...

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 12:16:13 PM »
Brad made a joke about it.  I can't believe it.  Oh well, I'm more jealous of Enrique.  

I only saw a few seconds of the Ferrero, Coria match, and I was quickly reminded of just how nasty Juan's groundstrokes are.  I hope he comes back quickly because with him in the mix the French is a lot more interesting.

Offline kungpaobenji27

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 04:31:10 PM »
Here's the portion of the article:

By the third set, Sharapova was using bags of ice under her arms at the change of ends to cool down, an unexpected twist given it is usually her admirers that require cold showers. Inevitably Sharapova got through, accompanying her 4-6, 6-0, 6-3 victory with a cry of "Vamos Vamos". In the commentary box, Martina Navratilova linked this very un-Russian exhortation to the courtside presence of Spain's Juan Carlos Ferrero.

Has a cross-tour relationship to succeed the doomed Hewitt-Clijsters love match been formed? See the magazines at the end of the frozen food aisle for details. However, if Navratilova's rumour-mongering is true, Ferrero is warned to be on his best behaviour.

If Ferrero can make a comeback, he'll continue to be a threat on all surfaces.

Offline philip

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 05:31:58 PM »
Hope he can't.  :no-no: