Author Topic: KOBE BRYANT!  (Read 13032 times)

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2006, 02:11:11 PM »
There's something ESPN here in the US. I've never heard any of the talking heads mention them as the best. Must only be in Podunk, Canada. And wait, you didn't just say LeBron was better than Kobe did you? After LeBron himself said he wasn't as good? Wow. Jealousy is dangerous isn't it?

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
  • Child labor laws are ruining this country.
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2006, 02:27:42 PM »
I've got League Pass dude. LeBron > Kobe for sure.

Podunk, Canada? You probably think we all live in igloos also.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2006, 02:36:11 PM »
In fact, I weas just watching the Cleveland/Phoenix game (hope it's broadcast up there in Canada). You know what Bill Walton just said (he was talking about LeBron's chances as an MVP candidate)?

"You have to make a distinction between most valuable player and best player. Right now Kobe Bryant is the best player. Right now the most valuable player -- Chauncey Billups, followed by Steve Nash."

Thanks. Hope you were watching.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2006, 02:39:04 PM »
LeBron is great, and arguably the best player his age in the game, but the overhype on him is a bit annoying at this  stage.   It is too early to say he is the next Michael Jordon as he is tabbed.    In fact is he the best player his age right now?
Dwayne Wade could make a case for that as well.   Also if Chris Bosh was playing for another team other than the Toronto
bleaping Raptors he would be right up with them IMHO.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2006, 02:40:33 PM »
Here's some other ESPN stuff talking about Kobe: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index?&lpos=globalnav&lid=gn_NBA_NBA

LeBron ADMITTED that he doesn't have Kobe's killer instinct, so that settles that argument once and for all. Not to mention when it's clutch time, he passes the ball instead of shooting and has missed crucial free throws with seconds left.

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2006, 02:43:14 PM »
Yes I was watching, in fact. Glad to know that you don't know whether we get ABC or not.  ..-)

And Bill Walton speaks out of his ass more than anyone in broadcasting. His comments are ridiculous. He once said that "Kenyon Martin is the 2nd best player in the Eastern Conference" when K-Mart was a Net and "Greg Ostertag is one of the top centers on this planet!" You can't take Walton seriously at all.

By the way, I hope you saw how dominant Lebron was. He was ridiculous as usual, scoring, creating for teammates, a monster defensively, fighting with guys like Kurt Thomas on the boards, just an amazing effort, made even more impressive by the fact that Shawn Marion spent a good part of the game guarding him.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2006, 02:46:05 PM »
Quote from: "DirtyKash"
Yes I was watching, in fact. Glad to know that you don't know whether we get ABC or not.  ..-)

And Bill Walton speaks out of his ass more than anyone in broadcasting. His comments are ridiculous. He once said that "Kenyon Martin is the 2nd best player in the Eastern Conference" when K-Mart was a Net and "Greg Ostertag is one of the top centers on this planet!" You can't take Walton seriously at all.

By the way, I hope you saw how dominant Lebron was. He was ridiculous as usual, scoring, creating for teammates, a monster defensively, fighting with guys like Kurt Thomas on the boards, just an amazing effort, made even more impressive by the fact that Shawn Marion spent a good part of the game guarding him.

LeBron is probably my second or third favorite player in the league, so you're not getting under my skin by praising him, LOL. But once again, "Kobe Bryant is the best player" isn't just coming out of my mouth. Now you can go on discrediting people just because they don't agree with you.

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2006, 02:48:33 PM »
I would discredit Walton regardless of who he thinks the best player is. He's a moron.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2006, 02:49:56 PM »
Well, more power to you. There's really no point in continuing this, so have a good day, DK.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2006, 02:50:03 PM »
I do like LeBron James alot.    I have seen him interviewed one time saying he is not ready to be considered best in the league yet, but he considers himself one of the best already.   Those seem like fair opinions.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2006, 10:48:41 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nationworld/wire/ats-ap_sports12feb07,1,2290695.story?coll=la-ap-sports

Bryant has often said the he fashions his game after the 10-time NBA scoring leader. Jordan said he can see some similarities.

"You see him playing with any of the elite guys in the league ... he's going to guard them defensively and he will beg for them to guard him on the other end. That's my approach. I would do the same thing."

He stopped himself before declaring the Los Angeles Lakers star the top player in the league, but came close.

"If I had to pick the best player in the game, he certainly is up there right now," Jordan said. "It seems as though he's got the edge over anybody in that position, if not in the league right now."

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2006, 12:16:49 PM »
Didn't feel like making a new topic

Offline John Mcenroe

• Tennis God
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2006, 07:25:33 PM »
Kobe Bryant almost banked the shot in against the Celtics yesterday. The score was 112 to 111 or sometin'

Offline suzy4hand

• Tennis Addict
KOBE BRYANT!
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2006, 11:29:23 AM »
kobe is a ball hog, plain and simple.  michael jordan is the greatest basketball player that ever lived, and the highest he ever scored in a single game was around 60.  on several occasions he couldve matched and gone above kobe's 80, but jordan was a team player, and realized that winning as a team came before achieving his own conceited, self-centered goals.