Author Topic: Fents Journal  (Read 6534 times)

Offline fents

• Tennis Player
Fents Journal
« on: July 01, 2006, 04:30:51 PM »
Hi all I am new so I though this would be a good way for you all to get to know me.

Hieght: 5-9
Weight: 8 stone
Hand: Right
Backhand: Two handed (for driving or passing shots) but i use a lot of slice so one hand as well.
Forehand: Strong and I tend to play alot of winners of this.
Strengths: Forehand, first serve, speed, stamina, backhand slice
Weakness: Backhand pass and 2nd serve
Needs to work on: Backhand and serving
Plays: 2-3 times a week (5-9 hours) also plays in a mens doubles team and mixed doubles team for my club.
Coach: Dinal Shah

Offline fents

• Tennis Player
Fents Journal
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 04:33:00 PM »
I am curently in training and will play in the mens club championships soon. Will update on how I do on a later date.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Fents Journal
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 04:50:10 PM »
Welcome to the boards.
Be the change that you seek.

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Fents Journal
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 05:43:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum fents!  Good luck in the men's club championships!  Let us know how you do.

Be sure to join us in the General Tennis forum as well.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline fents

• Tennis Player
Fents Journal
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 10:58:34 AM »
Group Stages of Mens chapionship
First match: In the first match I lost 2-6 6-2 4-6, but that was to the current champion. It wasm a close match with most games goin to duce. I now only have 2 games. I must win my next two or I am out, nervous times for me. Every game counts as this may well go down to game difference.

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Fents Journal
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 02:17:28 PM »
Bummer for the loss and drawing the reigning champion, but that is how it goes.  Just play one point at a time, do not think about the end result or the next match.  Good luck!!!
Scott Baker

Offline fents

• Tennis Player
Fents Journal
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 02:14:54 AM »
Thanks for that. The next update ill be tonight due to my match being to night.

Offline fents

• Tennis Player
Fents Journal
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 02:04:29 AM »
Secound match:
I won this, 7-5 3-6 6-3. Although I did not play well it was the result that counted and I am now looking forward to my next match not back at old mistakes.

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Fents Journal
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 07:16:45 AM »
Winning ugly is allowed, like you said, it was the score that counts.  The champions always find a way to win when they are not at their best.  Good luck in your next round.
Scott Baker

Offline fents

• Tennis Player
Fents Journal
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 02:26:15 PM »
next match tomorrow, if the weather holds

Offline fents

• Tennis Player
Fents Journal
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 12:53:05 PM »
I am afraid to say I am virtualy out of the tournament due to my last game of which I lost. It was not my best day and it showed, my play was sloppy and I should have taken the guy to at least 3 sets. I lost 5-7 4-6. I still have a chance of going through but the other results will have to go in my favour and that would mean the better players in the group losing and me winning my last match. But the there is a up side to this. I have learnt alot in my first adult tournament and feel there are alot of wins a head due to my age and recent results against older better players.

Offline fents

• Tennis Player
Fents Journal
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 02:45:21 PM »
I am in a good mood I have just looked at my LTA Ranking nd im in the top 50 of my county. Go me

http://www.lta.org.uk/Search/PlayerSearch/PlayerDetails.htm?Id=1-3GK-7256&BSMGuid=41b572cc-bf65-491e-94b1-b85e670ac0b4

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
Fents Journal
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 06:43:58 PM »
fents wat is your ntrp rating.....
"So soon it parted , lifting itself into the air. It bent the world did. High was low , low was high ,and so he soared into the ground that was the sky." Tyler Vergil

Offline fents

• Tennis Player
Fents Journal
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2006, 08:38:00 AM »
what is that I? Is it some sort of American rating because im from England.

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Fents Journal
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2006, 10:11:57 AM »
Here ya go Fents...  It is the USTA's rating system  Be aware while reading it, people usually rate themselves .5-1.0 higher than they should just from reading this.

http://www.tennis4you.com/rate-yourself/rate-yourself.htm
Scott Baker

Offline fents

• Tennis Player
Fents Journal
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2006, 01:04:38 PM »
Well I have talked to a few of my friends and other hitting partners and they have rated me for me and they believe I am round about 3.5 but could reach level 4 if I sorted out my back hand.  "Has dependable strokes, including directional control and depth on both forehand and backhand sides" This my main downfall or I would be higher than a 4 I can play up to a 5 at my best but I have to improve my backhand because im a all forehand player at the moment. I constantly run round balls if I can but I can hit a back hand if I need to but pefer not to because its not the most accurate or reliable piece of my puzzled game

Offline fents

• Tennis Player
Fents Journal
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 02:31:31 PM »
I am currently in a LTA tournament and have managed to get through to the semi finals. my first two matches was against 2 pushers and god did I hate them. The way I dealt with them is jus instead of blasting a ball back at them take your time on the shot, run round the ball if need be. Place your shot into the corners forcing them to lob it in the air of attack you and I won wih out even trying. I mean my secound game I was on court for 40 mins, not long at all. 2 sets 20 mins each that worked out to be.

Will let you all know how I do in the semi finals there on thursday and I have a feeling the final may be on the same day. (in the afternoon)

Offline fents

• Tennis Player
Fents Journal
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 11:06:03 AM »
I lost my semi final match to what was probly the best player in the tournamnet by a mile and even then I took him a 3rd set tie break

Offline Mystify

• Tennis God
Fents Journal
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006, 05:18:37 PM »
Gud job!!  Cul your 14 i will be 14 in like a month in a half

Offline Mystify

• Tennis God
Fents Journal
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 05:23:48 PM »
Hows tennis/????????????????????????????????????