Author Topic: Blistering Boom's TENNIS journal  (Read 12092 times)

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
Blistering Boom's TENNIS journal
« on: July 13, 2006, 06:23:18 PM »
Hi all welcome to my blog Just got back to this site it's been a while well here i go.

Level:3.5 close to 4.0
Goal:keep improving play in tourny's
5'4 and a half 107 pounds
styles:two handed backhand
strenght *forehand * consistent backhand
style:agressive baseliner
weakness:temper, playing pusher's messes with my head
"So soon it parted , lifting itself into the air. It bent the world did. High was low , low was high ,and so he soared into the ground that was the sky." Tyler Vergil

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 06:30:45 PM »
bout two weeks ago at my club i met with with some guy who came here on vacation from singapore ranked #1 over there and we played together he was 13 had lots of fun raised my game against him was punished for shots without depth it felt really good to hit with someone better then me we played a one seter and he beat me 6-3 i played pretty well but had problems with my return, used big swings on forehand size need to shorten up forehand return backhand return is looking really good.
"So soon it parted , lifting itself into the air. It bent the world did. High was low , low was high ,and so he soared into the ground that was the sky." Tyler Vergil

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 07:07:37 PM »
playing tonight against my usual partner hope to play well let all you phantoms know how it goes.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 07:43:04 PM »
Good luck, let us know.  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 09:23:46 PM »
I played great i started off slow as usual down 2-0 in the first set but came roaring back to win the set 6-2 i had 5 unforced errors in the first 2 games and obviously lost but after i felt comfortable and my first serve was hitting it's mark i got in a groove and must of hit 5 unforced errors the rest of the set with about 13 winners so i was consistent.We began the second set and i continued my dominance winning the first 3 games with no unforced errors but lost the next game ...at that point he needed to go home so we called it quits overall  im pleased very pleased.

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 10:25:58 PM »
Got an interclub match tomorrow playing in the 2nd spot (6 spots) hope to perform. let you guys know

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 04:06:59 PM »
Well what a match it began with the temp at around 32 and it just went up i started out alright he held in the first game as did i and it really started to get heated as the rally's were long as we both applied topspin it stayed tight but i broke hit at 33 and held to go up  5 3 in the set
he held his next serve and at that point we started disliking eachother i held aswell on a great down the line winner at love and went up 6  4 pro 8 set.... he held his serve at 15 and i held at 30 at 7 5 i began to get nervous and had two match points but failed to convert on one it hit the tape and stayed down right when i was about to end it......WHY>
it then went  to tiebreak where at 2 2 i hit a winner cross court it was an awesome shot everyone applauded but he reversed the call alter to out i got so pissed it didnt make sense everyone saw it in after that i blew up and ended losing 7 5

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 09:36:13 PM »
i need to calm myself down in matches stay positive SERVICE- breath in-toss breath out impact!

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 09:40:34 PM »
lost my doubles my partner's serve was shaky i felt like i was serving great fell down 4-0 to the other team with a ranked player but came back to 42 worked haard but lost 8-3 work on doubles positioning and overall doubles play  keep running down balls use speed

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 11:07:04 PM »
Afterreflecting on my singles im pretty happy bout where i am i know i can do better but i played well enough to win adn sometimes it doesn't come out the way you wished.

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2006, 12:06:03 AM »
At this point in my tennis career i fell like i have my strokes down and they are really imprinted into my muscle memory it feels great

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2006, 07:12:25 AM »
Quote from: "blisteringboom"
lost my doubles my partner's serve was shaky i felt like i was serving great fell down 4-0 to the other team with a ranked player but came back to 42 worked haard but lost 8-3 work on doubles positioning and overall doubles play  keep running down balls use speed

Glad to hear you are playing both doubles and singles.  Playing both can help your overall game a ton.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 11:19:28 AM »
It's a little frustrating cause i always compete in singlees cause of my athletic ability lol like i can run anything but in doubles it is so systematic

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »
no tennis today just rain

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2006, 05:23:18 PM »
you're playing team tennis?  i used to play at lasalle last year.  those 8 game sets are a b**ch
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2006, 11:16:45 PM »
ya it is a piss off? what did you play last year under 18

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2006, 12:10:54 PM »
i played U18.  by the time i got settled in, the match was already almost over.  if it was best of 3 i woulda won a lot more
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2006, 03:24:26 PM »
i know what you mean

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2006, 05:51:32 PM »
Quote from: "thejackal"
you're playing team tennis?  i used to play at lasalle last year.  those 8 game sets are a b**ch

I second that! There's like no time to recover... no time for real strategy... you just gotta pound that hell out of the ball and get an early lead... I hate it too.
Be the change that you seek.

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2006, 12:00:20 PM »
Got a practice today at 5:00 been off for two days so it will be nice to get back out there