Author Topic: Babblelot's Photo Album  (Read 11149 times)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Babblelot's Photo Album
« on: July 18, 2006, 05:41:22 PM »
2009 US Open

17 matches in all over four full days! 3R and 4R of men's and women's singles and some dubs.

First up! Tsonga dismantles Nieminen

Here's Azarenka before succumbing to her Eastern bloc meltdown against Schiavone; I know she's from Belarus, but she might as well be from Russia.

Vesnina just got it taken to her by Zvonareva; no contest

Gonzo :tease: is back! Came through versus Ouanna despite his incredibly low % game, but the 26 aces helped. Nice racquet smash after he lost the 2nd set TB, but I didn't have me camera at the ready.

Bab and Veronica--I met her last year in Paris at RG, and we've since hooked up at 2008 and 2009 USO :H

This way from Court 13 to Grandstand.

Dent v Navarro
One of those unlikely matches that produces the most exciting tennis. Dallas and the 12-18 y/o's (kickserve and tennis08 and the rest) here won't appreciate this, but this match featured two Serve and Volleyers. In fact, this Navarro cat is a classic, throwback who S&Vs on every single point. Unless you've actually watched modern S&V--Dallas hasn't, and neither have you spuds--you need to shut your yaps. And sorry, awk, but I'm still trying to figure out Cilic's great tactics. Hit a winner? something like that...

Dallas would have you you believe that the points are serve, volley, point over. But that's because she only watches wooden racquet S&V. Let her explain this: 4hr and 7min. Yep, the longest match of the Open was between two S&Vers.  

5 sets, 5th TB 11-9 to Dent!
Dent 121 winners, 20 aces and 50 UE
Navarro 76 winners, 20 UE

Through the late stages of the 5th set, the place started chanting DENT! DENT! DENT! DENT! To send the match to a TB, he bombed a 144mph ace. You've all probably seen the post match celebration by now, Dent's hi-fiving victory lap. One for the ages, people.

Djokovic gets passed the surprising American Witten. The guy had serious game!

Haas, in complete control of each, finds a way to lose 3 out of 5 sets!  ..-)  Tommy played aggressive, S&Ving and taking the net to put him in position to serve for every set. But at 6-5, he stays back and let's Fernando take the game to him...

Kuznetsova beating the snot out of Peer.

I did it! I watched a set of tennis with a WS on the court. Terrible match. WS def. Chan-Srebotnik handily

Wozniacki easily past Cristea

My seat for Roddick-Isner

Ferrero takes care of an ailing Simon (ret.)

High entertainment value provided by Schiavone. She played points women don't play in today's game, because she can run and run and run some more. But in the end, she was overmatched by Li.

The second most entertaining match of the Open--another unlikely matchup--Del Potro def. Kohlerer in 4! This Kohlerer amazed with his power, consistency, gymnastic dives and showmanship. He brought the broadcast booth to it's feet with the rest of us.

Soderling past an ailing Davydenko (ret)

Two of me All-Time Favorites of ALL TIME! Johnny Mac and Jim Courier

In a roller coaster of a match, Wickmayer gets past Kvitova in 3.
:winner:

In a highly competitive match, Verdasco def. Isner in 4. I have to say, Isner impressed the hell out of me. Very much the complete player--net and baseline--with a formidable FH. Verdasco was returning serve from here all day. It was truely amazing to watch what Verdasco could do with the return from that position :shocking:

2008 US Open
*The pictures get blury as the sunlight begins to fade, then goes to black. But I decided to include several (Safin and Robredo) since the effect was really cool :cool:

Michael Llodra

Gael Monfils

Fernando Gonzalez

Elena Dementieva

Marat Safin

Tommy Robredo

Andy Murray

Igor Andreev

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Amelie Mauresmo

Dominika Cibulkova--her game is ugly to watch; her body is shaped like a potato, but that face! :drool:  No one compares. No make up, no air-brush. She's wonderful.

Patty Schnyder

2008 US Open Notes:

Celebrating Safin--
Marat played 3 very nice sets against Robredo (2R), taking the first in a tie-break. And in the process, he obliged the crowd. (1) He challenged a ball that was so far out, the crowd started giggling, then erupted in laughter when they showed the challenge; (2) Robredo hit a ball that drove Marat deep into the corner, forcing him to hit a defensive lob. Marat's ensuing lob was very high, but very short. After he struck it, he immediately turned his back to Robredo and went for his towel and started wiping his brow--this all before Tommy struck the ball. What was most remarkable, is that the crowd was fixated on Safin, watching everything he was doing, so by the time Robredo struck the ball, the crowd was roaring in laughter; (3) Late in the 3rd set, Marat finally smashed a racquet. The crowd began to rumble, while Marat was getting a new stick. When he walked back on court, he received a loud ovation. (4) Robredo played a beautifully tactfull game, wearing Marat down. By the time Tommy started enforcing his will over Marat, Safin took his whooping like a man. He had no more answers or antics left in the bag.

Dueces Wild--
I was watching (6) Shahar Peer/Yeti Azerenko play Petrova/Schiavone, and in the 2nd game of the 3rd set, Shahar was serving, and serving, and serving... By the time I caught on--around the 5th duece or so--I counted 7 more dueces! Peer could easily have had a 12-15 duece service game. I had never seen anything like it.

Federer/Djokovic: No thanks--
I had a single Arthur Ashe ticket the day Federer was followed by Djokovic. I was in Armstrong and the first three matches were Gonzalez, Dementieva and Kuznetsova. Singles, like myself, are everywhere and easy to find, so I started offering others my single to Ashe (I didn't even tell them I would sell it to them). Interestingly enough, no takers, not even for Federer and Djokovic. That should speak volumes about the sight views in Ashe.

Go figure, I found another Fedfan who can't watch Roger live--
I was sitting next to this lovely :lust: Fedfan during Almagro-Muller; Almagro was up 2-0 when Federer took the court against Stepanek. I asked her, "Aren't you going to leave?" She said, "I don't like to watch Roger live, so I'll finish this match then make my way over there." At that point, I started telling her that she's such a typical Federer Fan. She admitted that she still hasn't watched the Wimbledon final. By the time Muller finished off Almagro in 5, Federer's match had long ended. She never made it.

Bammer bashes Bartoli--
After beating Bartoli, Mal Washington asked Bammer if she was distracted by all what was happening with Marion: medical time out, injury time out, flopping from exhaustion, and on and on. Bammer responds, "No, I've played Marion before. She always pulls that." The place went crazy with laughter.

S&V&C&C...please!--
You goofs are but a handful of posters, but guys like Michael Llodra win over stadiums. People around me had no idea who he was, but fell in love with his attacking game. He won over the crowd and put a ton of pressure on Murray's serve chipping and charging. Murray was fortunate to survive. Llodra had his chances. Late in the Bartoli-Bammer match, a spectator yelled out, "Someone go to the net!" The place went crazy.

124 mph--
That was the top speed Ana-Lena Groenefeld clocked with her first serve.

The First Sunday--
Is the last full day on the outer courts. If you are like me, and don't like Ashe, don't go after the first Sunday. I'd even shut it off after Saturday.

2008 Roland Garros

Tennis4you.com's Roland Garros Debut!

Bravo Bolelli !!!!!

Paint it up! Always take something home with you   ;-()

Buenos Aries, Roland Garros

THE MOMENT of WEEK ONE !!!

Best Body in tennis from the best seat in the world  :gleam:

Battle of the Message Boards: Tennis4you.com v AndyMurray.com  Seriously!!!  

Almagro has one of the best on court personalities. He argues bad calls then laughs them off. Once made the chair and the crowd burst out laughing.  :H

2007 US Open Babblelogue

First off, let me say that the state of tennis fandom in the States has never been better. I've attended the USO during week 1 the last four years and have never seen crowds so big and packed stadiums for the 1st match of each day until this year.

:H :applause:

Now, let's play "Better Know Your Players"

(1) Which of these players did all of the following during one match: (a) nearly punctured the windbreak with a violent racquet toss after a bad call; (b) chided the linesperson and chair; (c) called the umpire to the court; (d) called for the trainer; (e) never once got up following a change over when the chair called "time"; and (f) even gave a ballboy "the business"?

a. Haas
b. Daniilidou
c. Mathieu
d. Malisse
e. Schiavone
f. Golovin

(2) Which of the following players destroyed (a la Marat Safin) a racquet after failing to hold serve?

a. Vaidisova
b. Bjorkman
c. Jankovic
d. Tursunov
e. Murray
f. Dechy

(3) Who aligns Evian bottles maticulously, ensuring that the lables face forward, a la Rafa?

a. Verdasco
b. Santoro
c. Canas
d. Pennetta
e. Ivanovic
f. Kuznetsova

(4) What was Djokovic's highest ball bounce total prior to serve counted by Babblelot?

a. 22
b. 17
c. 28
d. 16
e. 24
f. 21

Must play "Name Them Babblegams" before I post female player pictures. Match these names with the Babblegams:

Ivanovic
Schnyder
Henin
Jankovic
Vaidisova
Pennetta
Kuznetsova
Schiavone
Daniilidou
Golovin

The Men of 2007 USO

Tennis4you wear makes its USO debut.

Fans peering over AA into Armstrong during the Djokovic-Stepanek match.

Here's a picture of my mate, Grant. We spent 5 hours together Wednesday, the day of Henman-Tursunov, and another 3:30 together Thursday during Murray-Bjorkman's 5 setter. Anyway, he's a nilly-willy Brit who can't bear to watch a Henman match. As soon a Tiger Tim took the court, my mate pulls out a freakin' Ian Fleming novel (Goldfinger)!!!! I'm like, "You guys really can't bear to watch Tim play!!" Then I drew enough attention to him that we shamed him into watching the match in its entirety.

This one's for you, Grant, and all of UK. You're almost famous, now.  ;-()

The Women of 2007 USO

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Scott!!!   :H

2006 US Open

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2006 Roland Garros

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2005 US Open

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2005 Roland Garros

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 08:01:53 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
Babblelot's Photo Album
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 02:48:08 AM »
Sweet.  No hot chicks but still cool.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Babblelot's Photo Album
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 11:11:41 AM »
Nice, indeed!  The picture of Guga hurts my body looking at it.  Pix of Puerta are kind of odd to see since he has been gone for a while.  When is Gonzo gonna quit being tentative and hit a ball hard? haha

Offline cgw

• Tennis God
Babblelot's Photo Album
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 11:53:14 AM »
What is Scott doing on court at Roland Garros (see pic #9)?
She KNEW she had a big fat ass...and her attitude was "Kiss it!"

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
Babblelot's Photo Album
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 11:07:05 PM »
HOW DOES GUGA DO THAT
"So soon it parted , lifting itself into the air. It bent – the world did. High was low , low was high ,and so he soared into the ground that was the sky." Tyler Vergil

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Babblelot's Photo Album
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 02:41:37 PM »
Quote from: "blisteringboom"
HOW DOES GUGA DO THAT

Three hip surgeries later...    ;>)  ;>)  ;>)

I was on my way to watch him at 2005 RG but didn't make it in time--he went out in his 1R match before I got in the stadium. I was bummed--it would have been nice to see him on the red stuff.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
2006 US Open pics
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 06:32:08 PM »
blisteringboom,

Please make your signature two sentences and don't underscore with such a long string of asteriks (***). It's causing any page you post on to expand beyond the width of the screen.

Thanks,

Babblelot

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
Babblelot's Photo Album
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 08:56:37 PM »
Wow, you must either have had great seats or a great camera.

Offline John Mcenroe

• Tennis God
Babblelot's Photo Album
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 04:17:42 AM »
Now I would say good camera..

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Babblelot's Photo Album
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 08:20:44 AM »
Quote from: "blackgirltennis"
Wow, you must either have had great seats or a great camera.

Both. GA seating = first come, first serve. I'm always first.   :))

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Babblelot's Photo Album
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 10:07:01 AM »
Bump to the top.   :uh:

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
  • March 27th 1999 - August 9th 2008
Babblelot's Photo Album
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 06:50:30 AM »
so can we post here our replies to the "babblelogue"? Very nice one, by the way  :H

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Babblelot's Photo Album
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 07:30:55 AM »
Quote from: "Borovnia"
so can we post here our replies to the "babblelogue"? Very nice one, by the way  :H

Please do. Thanks!

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
Babblelot's Photo Album
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 11:20:34 AM »
Quote from: "Babblelot"

Please do. Thanks!

(1) f
(2) d
(3) c
(4) e

"babblegams"

Ivanovic    2
Schnyder   3
Henin    5
Jankovic   6
Vaidisova   8
Pennetta    9
Kuznetsova  10
Schiavone    4
Daniilidou     1
Golovin    7

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Babblelot's Photo Album
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 11:35:41 AM »

Please do. Thanks!

(1) f not Golovin
(2) d not Tursunov
(3) c not Canas
(4) e CORRECT--take it down!!!!![/color] -- I can't believe they kept repeating it last night. I told the guy sitting next, who'd never seen Djokovic play, to count with me. Amazing that we got the 24 ball bounce.  ;)

"babblegams" - wow, you did extemely well here! 7/10 :applause:

Ivanovic    2
Schnyder   3 CORRECT--take it down!!!!![/color]
Henin    5 CORRECT--take it down!!!!![/color]
Jankovic   6 CORRECT--take it down!!!!![/color]
Vaidisova   8 CORRECT--take it down!!!!![/color] -- I thought that might be tricky because of her outfit
Pennetta    9
Kuznetsova  10
Schiavone    4 CORRECT--take it down!!!!![/color]
Daniilidou     1 CORRECT--take it down!!!!![/color] -- was that deduction? Daniilidou, well done
Golovin    7 CORRECT--take it down!!!!![/color]

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
Babblelot's Photo Album
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 03:30:17 PM »

Please do. Thanks!

(1) f not Golovin
(2) d not Tursunov
(3) c not Canas
(4) e CORRECT--take it down!!!!![/color] -- I can't believe they kept repeating it last night. I told the guy sitting next, who'd never seen Djokovic play, to count with me. Amazing that we got the 24 ball bounce.  ;)

Ivanovic    2
Vaidisova   8 CORRECT--take it down!!!!![/color] -- I thought that might be tricky because of her outfit
Pennetta    9
Kuznetsova  10
Daniilidou     1 CORRECT--take it down!!!!![/color] -- was that deduction? Daniilidou, well done

awww 3 mistakes :) so kutznesova 2 ivanovic 9 pennetta 10. Very curious yet about the 3 first questions, hope someone else takes them down!!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Babblelot's Photo Album
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 03:46:50 PM »

Please do. Thanks!

(1) f not Golovin
(2) d not Tursunov
(3) c not Canas

Ivanovic    2
Pennetta    9
Kuznetsova  10

awww 3 mistakes :) so kutznesova 2 ivanovic 9 pennetta 10. Very curious yet about the 3 first questions, hope someone else takes them down!!

I'm pretty sure 2 was Vaidisova. She wiped her racquet out a few days ago. She wanted to again against Peer. Came pretty close, but just tapped it a few times.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Babblelot's Photo Album
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 03:49:56 PM »

Please do. Thanks!

(1) f not Golovin
(2) d not Tursunov
(3) c not Canas

Ivanovic    2
Pennetta    9
Kuznetsova  10

awww 3 mistakes :) so kutznesova 2[/b] ivanovic 9 pennetta 10. Very curious yet about the 3 first questions, hope someone else takes them down!!

Only Kuzy is correct, so that means Pennetta is 9 and Ivanovic is 10. That takes care of Babblegams. I'll post some pics of the ladies tonight.

Still on the board:

"Better Know Your Players"

(1) Which of these players did all of the following during one match: (a) nearly punctured the windbreak with a violent racquet toss after a bad call; (b) chided the linesperson and chair; (c) called the umpire to the court; (d) called for the trainer; (e) never once got up following a change over when the chair called "time"; and (f) even gave a ballboy "the business"?

a. Haas
b. Daniilidou
c. Mathieu
d. Malisse
e. Schiavone
f. not Golovin

(2) Which of the following players destroyed (a la Marat Safin) a racquet after failing to hold serve?

a. Vaidisova
b. Bjorkman
c. Jankovic
d. not Tursunov
e. Murray
f. Dechy

(3) Who aligns Evian bottles maticulously, ensuring that the lables face forward, a la Rafa?

a. Verdasco
b. Santoro
c. not Canas
d. Pennetta
e. Ivanovic
f. Kuznetsova

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Babblelot's Photo Album
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 03:56:23 PM »

a. Haas
b. Daniilidou
c. Mathieu
d. Malisse
e. Schiavone
f. not Golovin

a. Vaidisova
b. Bjorkman
c. Jankovic
d. not Tursunov
e. Murray
f. Dechy

a. Verdasco
b. Santoro
c. not Canas
d. Pennetta
e. Ivanovic
f. Kuznetsova

In case you missed it..

(well, I only guessed #2 before :)) )

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Babblelot's Photo Album
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2007, 04:07:31 PM »
Quote from: "dmastous"

a. Haas
b. Daniilidou
c. Mathieu
d. Malisse
e. Schiavone
f. not Golovin

a. Vaidisova
b. Bjorkman
c. Jankovic
d. not Tursunov
e. Murray
f. Dechy

a. Verdasco
b. Santoro
c. not Canas
d. Pennetta
e. Ivanovic
f. Kuznetsova

In case you missed it..

(well, I only guessed #2 before :)) )

Sorry, dmast, I did miss it.

(1) not Golovin or Malisse

(2) Vaidisova -- CORRECT--take it down!!![/color] -- wow, did she ever unload on that racquet; both side of the frame came undone with one gigantic swat.

(3) not Canas or Ivanovic