Instructional Tennis > Tennis Journals

OSU Buckeye - Journal

(1/631) > >>

OSU Buckeye:
Stats:

Level: 4.5
Height:  6' 5" plus
Weight:  3-HUN....not really, that was a nickname of mine back in my heavier drinking College days!
Hand: Righty, 2-hand backhand for returns, developing 1-handed backhand for groundies.
Style:  Doubles almost exclusively.  My style is to do what I gotta do to get to net and finish points!  
Strengths:  forehand, intensity, touch around the net.  Playing on the same team as Scott, Jeffro, and no longer Freebird!
Weakness: 2cnd serve and singles altogether.
Favorite shot:  In the words of P-Mac, "THE DROPPER", volley that is!

OSU Buckeye:
I am going to Cincy this Sunday for the final of the Qaulifier and to watch all the pros practice.  Watching them on the  practice courts from within 10-20 feet is the best.  I highly recommend it!  Hopefully I can take a bunch of pix with my new digital camera and have Scottie show me how to post them.

Tennis4you:
Just send me the photos and I will put them somewhere you can link to.

I wish I was going with you on Sunday but I will be at work.  Watching the pros is awesome, especially up close.  The TV really does no justice for how hard they really hit that ball!

Jamesdster:
You don't need to go to Cincy to see a pro.  Just stand behind Jeffro sometime (hopefully not after he's had burritos).

OSU Buckeye:
I apologize big time!  I forgot the digital camera so no pix.  The action was amazing though!  We saw 50+ pros between the practice courts and the qualifying matches.  These dudes are machines and watch the ball through contact religiously.  I got to talk to Ginepri's dad next to the court he was practicing on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version