Author Topic: OSU Buckeye - Journal  (Read 236417 times)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2007, 01:07:26 PM »
Played dubs this past Wed. night with Jeffro against VIC and DW.   Jeffro and I couldn't really get it going the way we needed to and our opponents played solid.  We lost 6-3, 7-6.  There were many good points so it was a fun night!   VIC (Scott's USTA league partner) has been playing very well lately with some aggressive poaching!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #181 on: February 19, 2007, 04:05:12 PM »
Played last night in a USTA league match.  We lost 7-6, 6-3........................I don't like losing!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2007, 04:10:10 PM »
Same score as your loss Wed but the sets were flipped.  You guys will go on a tear next weekend, I can feel it!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2007, 04:16:27 PM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
Same score as your loss Wed but the sets were flipped.  You guys will go on a tear next weekend, I can feel it!

Okay!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2007, 02:51:32 PM »
Played last night with the Almighty Scott against DW and the great Jeffro. We won 7-5, 3-6, 6-3.

Hey Scott, don't you remember the 2cnd set point??? Games score must have been 5-3, Jeffro was serving, we got it to duece. I think we may have had more than 1 break point in that game (can't remember for sure) or did I get it to duece on the 2cnd to last point of the set? Either way, I remember Jeffro hit a pretty nice out wide serve (ad-side) that I had to stretch for big-time just to get it back, which I did. If I remember right I took that return low down-the-line at DW, he played it back, and a few strokes later they hit a volley out. That got us to the deuce point, set point. I set up for the return feeling good and confident and then Jeffro smacks another out-wide serve that paints the lines in the back corner of the box. Ouch, an ace on 2cnd set point.....and I rarely get aced! You could definitely say that I didn't expect that from Jeffro who was not serving that great all night! If we would have won that single point we would have been back on serve in the 2cnd set!

Anyway, I felt great with my return all night but my serve was pretty much getting picked on all night. I can't wait to play outdoor tennis as the slower courts are more suited to my game....IMO!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2007, 04:37:16 PM »
Scott played the 1st set as good as I can remember him playing a set (actually the 3rd set the night of the Super Bowl comes to mind also)!   He served and volleyed money all night!  He returned awesome in the 1st set and most of the 3rd set!  Kudos my height-challenged friend!  I will borrow a VIC line.  "Do your shoulders hurt from carrying me all night?"

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2007, 05:04:33 PM »
Quote from: "OSU Buckeye"
Played last night with the Almighty Scott against DW and the great Jeffro. We won 7-5, 3-6, 6-3.

Hey Scott, don't you remember the 2cnd set point??? Games score must have been 5-3, Jeffro was serving, we got it to duece. I think we may have had more than 1 break point in that game (can't remember for sure) or did I get it to duece on the 2cnd to last point of the set? Either way, I remember Jeffro hit a pretty nice out wide serve (ad-side) that I had to stretch for big-time just to get it back, which I did. If I remember right I took that return low down-the-line at DW, he played it back, and a few strokes later they hit a volley out. That got us to the deuce point, set point. I set up for the return feeling good and confident and then Jeffro smacks another out-wide serve that paints the lines in the back corner of the box. Ouch, an ace on 2cnd set point.....and I rarely get aced! You could definitely say that I didn't expect that from Jeffro who was not serving that great all night! If we would have won that single point we would have been back on serve in the 2cnd set!

Anyway, I felt great with my return all night but my serve was pretty much getting picked on all night. I can't wait to play outdoor tennis as the slower courts are more suited to my game....IMO!

I remember that serve, it hurt both of us at the same time.  We just crawled back from 0-40 to get to 3-3 with some sweet ass shots.
Scott Baker

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2007, 05:07:51 PM »

I remember that serve, it hurt both of us at the same time.  We just crawled back from 0-40 to get to 3-3 with some sweet ass shots.

And as I said we would have been back on serve with that point!   We were foiled by the great Jeffro!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #188 on: February 25, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »
Ready to throw down some practice tonight at the club with our whole league team!   I can't remember the last time we had 10 guys together at once for some practice!  We shall see how it goes???????????????   ||-|   ||-|

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #189 on: February 26, 2007, 04:29:55 PM »
So, we had all 10 guys out and it went pretty well!  I hope that is a sign of things to come as far as our team turnout for upcoming league matches!  
Scotty and VIC have been playing most consistent and solid on our team so, that will earn them a spot at the 1st dubs position for this coming Sunday's match and probably more.....to give them a longer term shot at that position.  If they stay focused, positive, and fight to the end, they will do well at the 1 spot!   You ready for that action Lil' Scooter????

Anyway Freebird and I, in our continuing less-than-spectacular play, won the 1st set we played 6-2 against BK and JW.  Then we played Scott and VIC and lost 1-6, 5-5(3-5).    Whoa is me!!!!

Whoa, I just broke 9-hun......I can smell 1 G just around the corner!    :uh:

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2007, 04:56:38 PM »
Hells yes you can!  1000 is chump change!

Players Clubs has always proven to be tough for me.  This Sunday they are about to get their butts kicked.  (I might have to mistakenly play their 3.5 team to pull that off though).
Scott Baker

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #191 on: February 26, 2007, 05:05:40 PM »
Hells yes you can!  1000 is chump change!

Players Clubs has always proven to be tough for me.  This Sunday they are about to get their butts kicked.  (I might have to mistakenly play their 3.5 team to pull that off though).

Biatch please!  All you gots to do is play hard and stay positive and aggressive!  You guys will do just fine!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Expect to win!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #192 on: February 27, 2007, 10:34:45 AM »
Due to recent happenings, Freebird and I will be demoted in the team line-up to the 2cnd dubs spot or maybe even 3rd dubs.  Who knows, we might have to bust up and play some singles given the addittion of new people onto our team.  We will see who is good for this Sunday's match and how that leaves us!!   ||-|  ||-|  ||-|

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2007, 10:42:37 AM »
Due to recent happenings, Freebird and I will be demoted in the team line-up to the 2cnd dubs spot or maybe even 3rd dubs.  Who knows, we might have to bust up and play some singles given the addittion of new people onto our team.  We will see who is good for this Sunday's match and how that leaves us!!   ||-|  ||-|  ||-|

You guys do well at court 1 and I do not think anyone on our team would argue with that.  Your last 12 matches you guys are at 4-8 which surprised me but I bet you will go at LEAST 8-4 in your next 12.  I see no reason to move you around.  That is not to say though that I will not fight my a$$ off regardless of which court I am on.  

VIC and I have only played court 1 once, we won like 6-2, 6-1, but the following week played court 2 against the same team (different players) and got SPANKED!  We are all so even it is not even funny. You should just throw (3) numbers in a hat and let us choose one out per week.  Who ever gets a number goes to that court with their partner...
Scott Baker

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #194 on: February 27, 2007, 10:51:22 AM »

You guys do well at court 1 and I do not think anyone on our team would argue with that.  Your last 12 matches you guys are at 4-8 which surprised me but I bet you will go at LEAST 8-4 in your next 12.  I see no reason to move you around.  That is not to say though that I will not fight my a$$ off regardless of which court I am on.  

VIC and I have only played court 1 once, we won like 6-2, 6-1, but the following week played court 2 against the same team (different players) and got SPANKED!  We are all so even it is not even funny. You should just throw (3) numbers in a hat and let us choose one out per week.  Who ever gets a number goes to that court with their partner...

I disagree, you and VIC are def. playing better than Freebird & I and DW & MC haven't been playing tons lately!  I think this all def. warrants you and VIC playing the 1 spot.  Plus you guys deserve a prolonged shot at the leagues best and it could be good for the team for everyone to have that 1st dubs experience!  It should be good for you guys as well!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2007, 11:08:37 AM »
We would love the challenge, it can only make us better.  I will go where you point.
Scott Baker

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2007, 11:28:59 AM »
We would love the challenge, it can only make us better.  I will go where you point.

Well, you now know where I will be pointing!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2007, 11:45:27 AM »
5.0?  :)
Scott Baker

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2007, 11:46:39 AM »
5.0?  :)

HUH??????????????????    ||-|  ||-|

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #199 on: March 01, 2007, 04:31:58 PM »
Well, there it is!  1 G.................do I get a shirt or hat or something???   :)~