Author Topic: OSU Buckeye - Journal  (Read 228653 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #200 on: March 01, 2007, 04:36:28 PM »
Quote from: "OSU Buckeye"
Well, there it is!  1 G.................do I get a shirt or hat or something???   :)~

Nope, but if I play tonight I will be sporting the goods.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #201 on: March 01, 2007, 04:40:17 PM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
Well, there it is!  1 G.................do I get a shirt or hat or something???   :)~

Nope, but if I play tonight I will be sporting the goods.

Sweet!     Care to explain the 5.0 nonsense from a couple posts above please?

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #202 on: March 01, 2007, 04:45:45 PM »
You said I know where you will be pointing.  I knew you meant court #1, but I was joking saying 5.0 instead.  You could point me to 5.0 if you want.  I think it would be a blast!  I would never win, but it would be a blast!
Scott Baker

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #203 on: March 01, 2007, 04:51:16 PM »
You said I know where you will be pointing.  I knew you meant court #1, but I was joking saying 5.0 instead.  You could point me to 5.0 if you want.  I think it would be a blast!  I would never win, but it would be a blast!

I sooo wish we had 5.0 in our area.....I would definitely play it!   I should hope we could at least be competitive against the 5.0's.  Kind of like when we jumped up to 4.5!  It would definitely give us some new perspectives which I think would be good!   :uh:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #204 on: March 01, 2007, 04:57:54 PM »
Its about time for our phones to ring, don't you think Scott???   ://

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #205 on: March 02, 2007, 12:56:09 PM »
From Scott:

Subbed tonight, OSU subbed on my court too. We did OK, we had some fun with it all. OSU and I played against each other in the first set and tied. We switched partners for the second set and OSU won that set 6-4.

In the third set we played together and tore it up. We goofed off a lot in the end and we were still winning games easily. We were all goofing off by then though. I hit the biggest forehand I have ever hit in that set on a second serve, I smacked the hell of it... The hell of it!

I will add:  yes Scott's forehand was the nastiest, flattest, fastest, and most powerful shot I can remember seeing.....and I can remember many great shots recently!  Boy am I glad he didn't hit it against me......of course, I would have to have volleyed the he!! out of it!!!

Anyway, I got some revenge on Scotty by winning the court with 19 games to his 17 games.  JSh had 14 games and JSi had 12 games.   :uh:   Next!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #206 on: March 02, 2007, 04:05:28 PM »
I figured I should post this here so I will always remember "the shot":  

The best shot I have ever hit was a side-slap. I was up at the net, the ball was hit over me, my partner wasn't moving on it, so I turned and sprinted back to it. I just barely got to it and slapped (right-handed) across my body on the left side of me at the ball. It was such a frantic off-balance swat at the ball (with my back to the court), but I actually hit it quite hard back toward the right. The opponents were a bit stunned I got to it and I hit it from the back middle of my side to a cross-court winner in the alley!

There were a handful of people watching who started yelling and applauding which made it all the more special! I proceeded to hit clean winners on my next 2 of 3 returns due to my excitement and raised energy! I could have stopped playing tennis after that one!
  :)

Another one to keep in the memory from Dec. 28th, 2006:

I hit one of my top five shots ever!  Our opponents got a lob over us and right as it went over my head I said aloud "here we go". It was a soft lob so I was able to get up on it and return it between my legs! I ended up hitting it right down the line, the dude even dove for it but barely couldn't reach it. Between the legs clean winner....yeah, I was pumped! They were all impressed and the guy on the adjacent court saw it and said that it was sensational! You know you did something right if you impress Jamesdster!

And Jsters comments on that shot:

That's right! The OSUBuckeye and I dominated! That tweener was sick!!!! It was one of the greatest shots i've ever seen! From the baseline (ad-side) running with his back to the net, he hit the doubles line on the ad-side on our opponents side. It received applause from the doubles game going on on the ct next to us.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #207 on: March 02, 2007, 06:44:14 PM »
Thats pretty sweet. Its amazing how one good shot sets the tone for good shots in the following minutes. did you do that because you wanted to do that or was it just a desperate reflex? like I would clearly want to and probably would lob the ball at all costs, especially in doubles since the opponents would probably close the net.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #208 on: March 03, 2007, 03:04:39 PM »
Quote from: "pawan89"
Thats pretty sweet. Its amazing how one good shot sets the tone for good shots in the following minutes. did you do that because you wanted to do that or was it just a desperate reflex? like I would clearly want to and probably would lob the ball at all costs, especially in doubles since the opponents would probably close the net.

Tennis has everything to do with momentum, so a shot like that can clearly get you fired up!   :uh:

I just barely got to the ball before it bounced a second time.  I literally hit the ball when it was on its way down and proly only 2 or 3 inches off of the court surface.  There was no way I could have gotten under it to hit a lob.  The shot I hit was the only one that I could have.......literally a smack stab at the ball!    :)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #209 on: March 04, 2007, 05:26:35 PM »
Well, I was going to take tonight's match off because my elbow has been bothering me pretty seriously, but someone else just called off sick, so I guess I will have to play!  We play here in just 1 1/2 hours so I guess we will see how the elbow feels through playing and after playing?!?!?!?!?!

Offline ERHS

• Tennis Addict
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #210 on: March 04, 2007, 07:19:25 PM »
So a guy's walking down the street with a tennis elbow, and he's wincing in pain. On the way, he sees a tennis ball and puts it in his pocket surreptitiously. He walks home where his neighbor's daughter rushes over, and almost knocks him off his feet. "What happened?," She asks. "Oh it's just, I have a tennis elbow, and it hurts bad." Then she says, "What's that in your pocket?" The guy responds, "A tennis ball". The girl goes, "Ooooh. Sucks for you."

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #211 on: March 04, 2007, 08:03:38 PM »
huh?
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #212 on: March 05, 2007, 09:11:25 AM »
Quote from: "ERHS"
So a guy's walking down the street with a tennis elbow, and he's wincing in pain. On the way, he sees a tennis ball and puts it in his pocket surreptitiously. He walks home where his neighbor's daughter rushes over, and almost knocks him off his feet. "What happened?," She asks. "Oh it's just, I have a tennis elbow, and it hurts bad." Then she says, "What's that in your pocket?" The guy responds, "A tennis ball". The girl goes, "Ooooh. Sucks for you."

Yeah dude, I think some explanation might be needed on this one!!!!!    ||-|  :|  :-o

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #213 on: March 05, 2007, 09:32:19 AM »
Awww dude, you are killing me!  You beat two of the top guys in the league last night, give me the details!!!
Scott Baker

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #214 on: March 05, 2007, 09:51:19 AM »
Awww dude, you are killing me!  You beat two of the top guys in the league last night, give me the details!!!

Too busy, I will post it later!  

And where is your update on your match last night!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #215 on: March 05, 2007, 11:21:38 AM »

In the gutter with our games last night...
Scott Baker

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #216 on: March 05, 2007, 11:33:14 AM »

In the gutter with our games last night...

You are going to have to elaborate on that one chief????????

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #217 on: March 05, 2007, 11:49:57 AM »
We just didn't do great.  We served well, returned well, but everything after was just not there.  They played well and they were hitting money volleys and not missing.  I am not sure if we were both pressing or what, but we were missing too much.  Their games stacked well against ours last night.
Scott Baker

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #218 on: March 05, 2007, 01:01:24 PM »
We just didn't do great.  We served well, returned well, but everything after was just not there.  They played well and they were hitting money volleys and not missing.  I am not sure if we were both pressing or what, but we were missing too much.  Their games stacked well against ours last night.

That seems a fairly good assessment of what happened.........at least as I saw it!   Did you talk to VIC after the match at length???

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
OSU Buckeye - Journal
« Reply #219 on: March 05, 2007, 01:15:02 PM »
We talked very little as usual for any match for us.  There is usually no need to talk, I think we both know what went down.
Scott Baker