Author Topic: Too Many Tie Breakers ?!  (Read 1046 times)

Offline TrueFX

• Tennis Player
Too Many Tie Breakers ?!
« on: September 11, 2006, 01:50:27 PM »
I was looking at my stats for the season to find something rather interesting and I was wondering what other people thought about it.

This is my first competitive season playing tennis, and I have been playing tennis for about 18 months now.  My combined League / Tournament Singles record has me finishing 39% of my sets (not matches) as Tie Breakers.  That seems like an awful lot of Tie Breakers.  I am beginning to think that either I have a problem closing sets out, or my opponents have a problem finishing me off.  I only lost 2 Tie Breakers all season.

Does anyone have any input on how I should read into such a stat?  Is it something that I need to work on or is it just some crazy stat that I am making more out of than necessary?

Thanks

TrueFX

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Too Many Tie Breakers ?!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 02:20:39 PM »
If you constantly have the lead and get broken while serving for the set then maybe you have a problem closing matches.  But if you are just staying on serve and going to tie-breakers then it sounds like you are in the right league to me.   What is interesting is that you only lost 2 tie-breakers all season, that is clutch!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline NJtennis11

• Tennis God
Too Many Tie Breakers ?!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 02:44:30 PM »
I had two tie-breaks in my high school season last year that had somwhere b/w 20-25 matches, it does appear as though you play a lot of TBs, but I don't think theres anything wrong with it.

Offline TrueFX

• Tennis Player
Too Many Tie Breakers ?!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 03:32:56 PM »
Thanks for the response T4U.  I haven't paid much attention to holding / breaking of serves.  Maybe I am in the perfect division for my level of play at the moment as you suggested.  There are 2 more tournements left in the season.  I'm going to try and pay attention to exactly how things play out so that I will know where I need to concentrate my efforts next time.