Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

Agassi to retire at 35, Roddick at 25

(1/3) > >>

kittens25:
Agassi will win that last slam at age 35, either this year or early next, and retire in glory like Sampras, happy to have gotten his 9th slam and broken out of the logjam of men with 8.    Roddick will go the next 11 slams without winning one, and after 2 more coaching changes during that span, will take his year-end #1, U.S open title, Wimbledon runner up, one other slam runner up since then, 20+ tour titles, multiple slam semis, quarters; accept it is a fullfillment and beyond of his abilities, and join MTV music station as a DJ.   Agassi to retire t 35, Roddick at 25.

gm3106:
True, there are a lot of players who finished their career stuck on 8 grand slam titles. For Agassi to reach 9 would allow him to leave a bigger impact on the tennis records.

kittens25:
I know he says he will play many more years, but I could not see him continuing if he won his 9th.   I am sure deep down he knows, there are very few slams left in him, he just wants that one to take his career to another level, and to end on a glorired memory.   Plus he is probably itching to spend more time with his wife and kids, rather than training everyday while being a huge underdog to 4 or 5 younger, more powerful hitting players.

euroka1:

--- Quote from: "kittens25" ---   Roddick will go the next 11 slams without winning one, and after 2 more coaching changes during that span, will take his year-end #1, U.S open title, Wimbledon runner up, one other slam runner up since then, 20+ tour titles, multiple slam semis, quarters; accept it is a fullfillment and beyond of his abilities, and join MTV music station as a DJ.   Agassi to retire t 35, Roddick at 25.
--- End quote ---

I thought this a pretty astute prediction. Roddick no longer seems to have his heart in the game and enjoys much more the attention of the entertainment industry.

Tennis Freak:
If Andy's energy drops on the court his ranking will drop with it fast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version