Author Topic: Doubles final set @ AO  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Doubles final set @ AO
« on: January 30, 2005, 05:28:51 PM »
In the mixed doubles I have the score listed as 7-6 in the third set to the winner.  Do they not play it out in dubs?

You see, I would probably knwo this info if they WOULD SHOW SOME DOUBLES ON THE TV!!!!"  Whew, I feel better...
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline AJsmistress14

• Tennis Player
    • http://p214.ezboard.com/bandyroddick74646
Doubles final set @ AO
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 06:31:56 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, the Men's Dubs do have to play it out.

Offline gary2414

• Tennis Pro
Doubles final set @ AO
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 12:04:15 AM »
It used to be that all matches in the AO, French Open, and Wimbledon didn't have tiebreakers in the final set including all three kinds kinds of doubles.  This also applied to juniors, seriors, and wheel chair.  Now for the mixed doubles in the AO Open as well as the US Open the play a superset tiebreaker when it is two sets all right away which has it serves just like a regular tiebreaker but is the first to reach ten by a margin of two instead of seven.  In other words the third and final set starts with the super set tiebreaker.  The first person has one serve.  Then the other person gets two serves and they alternate with two serves.  If the server always won the point on his serve one person would get a one point lead,  then the other person would get a one point lead,  then back to the first person with a one point lead and so on.  Finally one person would get a set point on the other person serve then it would be tied,  then the other person would get a set point on the other person serve and so on.  The tiebreaker would last forever if the server always won on his serve.  To end the tiebreaker on person has to get a minibreak and hold.  The regualr singels are the only ones to have mixed doubles.  Now they can always put mixed double on a court first if they want the next match to be a featured match that is on TV in order to help ensure it would be ready.  Since few sets last over an hour if a mixed doubles goes the limit it would seldon last over two hours.