Author Topic: Video: Pierce vs Zvonareva  (Read 3640 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Video: Pierce vs Zvonareva
« on: October 26, 2006, 06:06:37 PM »
Pierce went down hard and was screaming, hurt her knee pretty good.  Zvonareva came over with ice to help her, got there before the trainer did.  Very classy.  I hope Pierce is OK.

Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Arc

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 06:22:38 PM »
That looked so completely staged. The replay didn't look like she went down on her leg and the way she screamed looked like something out of a play. And considering how dramatic Pierce is, I wouldn't put it past her.

In fact, I tried a stunt like this last year in jr. year tennis when I didn't feel like playing. And I fell just like that and screamed just like that and got to skip my match.

Maybe I'm being heartless but I think Pierce is faking.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 09:21:52 PM »
Quote from: "Arc"
That looked so completely staged. The replay didn't look like she went down on her leg and the way she screamed looked like something out of a play. And considering how dramatic Pierce is, I wouldn't put it past her.

In fact, I tried a stunt like this last year in jr. year tennis when I didn't feel like playing. And I fell just like that and screamed just like that and got to skip my match.

Maybe I'm being heartless but I think Pierce is faking.

You are right that it did not look like anything went wrong when she put her weight on her leg.  But she was winning the match and had 3 match points on her hands.  I hope she is OK.
Scott Baker

Offline John Mcenroe

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 07:22:37 AM »
OOOOOhhhh Maybe tht hurt....

I sometimes fake injurys onh my match because i was losing or somethin like that...

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 11:16:53 AM »
Injured Pierce out for six months
Mary Pierce
Pierce was taken off court on a stretcher in Linz
Mary Pierce faces six months out of action after collapsing with a knee injury at the Generali Ladies event in Linz, Austria, on Thursday.

The 31-year-old Frenchwoman fell heavily after her left knee gave way while playing Russia's Vera Zvonareva.

Pierce has torn the front cruciate ligament on her left knee and will require surgery.

"It's tough it's but not the end of the world," said fitness coach Xavier Moreau after fears for Pierce's career.

"It's a pity because Mary is feeling great these days.

"She's still in Linz waiting for them to fit a knee brace but we will try to get her back to France as quickly as possible to see Dr Montalvon (French tennis federation doctor).

"Mary did not seem too down, saying there were worse things in life, but I think it might be a bit of a shock when we tell her how long she will be out of tennis."
Scott Baker

Offline RainerShuttle

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 03:45:36 PM »
Seems she wasn't faking then  :whistle:

I wouldn't be surprised if she called it quits now....

Offline NJtennis11

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 02:57:08 PM »
Very sad, such class by Vera, but what its just so sad to see something like that and to say she was faking is pretty pathetic.