Author Topic: Just Introducing myself GRAF_SAMPRAS1  (Read 4978 times)

Offline GRAF_SAMPRAS1

• Tennis God
Just Introducing myself GRAF_SAMPRAS1
« on: November 11, 2006, 11:51:36 AM »
Hello,

I have just registered as GRAF_SAMPRAS1   with this forum, which I always thought from previous visits was a wonderful one.

Particularlly because it also provides "nontennis" topics - which are natural functions of the world of the internet and communication between people,

I was GRAF_SAMPRAS in ESPN;'s message board - but apparently i was banned, like some others with rather political views of a certain bent -- i.e. - decidedly against wars such as those by a certain emperor that just got a dressing down in a certain election , to the world's apparent relief (which goes to show  I and many others in this world are NOT in the minority in that regard).

i want to try and see if this message board is more open about such things - having provided a forum AMONG tennis fans , to also express other views on other subjects not entirely related to tennis ONLY.

after all -- where is there a RULE that a TENNIS FAN -- such as myself and many others can not be THINKING about world affairs of which tennis is but an ESCAPE from? hehe!

I think i have at some point or other mentioned to others in ESPN or another message board i used to go to before it somehow "disappeared" and wasn't quite the same afterwards (but i hope it gets back the "old folks") - that the

www.tennis4you.com   forum is one very good one.

so I am following my own advice!

as it is -- i choose the name above so people have an idea where i come from in terms of my tennis "bias".

which means of course -- i think that pete sampras is DA BEST.

hehe!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 12:29:27 PM »
I am a Sampras fan as well.  I will insert one of my favorite pics at the bottom of this message just for you.  Ok, Ok, for me too.

I just created this section of the forum the other day, congrats on being the first to use it.  :)

Welcome to the forums!  I hope you find a new home here and I look forward to your posts!

Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline GRAF_SAMPRAS1

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 08:33:20 PM »
I really don't understand why they have to be so strict about such things. it't not as if this isn't a big enough world with so much traffic that websites can't be sharing "people"...

for my part -- apart from outrightly harrassing and malicious, and intentionally destructive participation (and even at that , there are social ways to exert pressure to shame people and let them demonstrate their stupidity) - i don't see why "traffic" can't go both ways or in all directions.

if places are like that - i sometimes think THEY ARE afraid of competition and shouldn't be in the internet!

part of what it offers is its FREEDOM - AND the freedom to choose QUALITY.  and if part of it is naturally the desire to also make money from websites - there is nothing wrong with it, and it's RIGHT for people, such as you , if that is the case - to desire that or hope for it as a part of the service or "community" you offer. but that also means an openness towards OTHERS -- to put in a word for themselves.

it smacks a bit too much of "competition" and too little of "cooperation" on something that is big enough for everyone -- tennis and offerings with so much variety and different and unique characteristics.

i would consider it a COMPLIMENT if i were you that they don't want "competition" , lol!

Offline Tenebrist

• New Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 02:27:48 PM »
Hi G_S,

I'm glad to see you.  I won't talk about other boards and all that unpleasant stuff.

Happy you are posting again.

Best wishes,

tenebrist

:))

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 02:36:52 PM »
Tenebrist, welcome to the forums!!!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Tenebrist

• New Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 02:41:40 PM »
Thanks.

I recognize you from the other boards, too.  You killed me with your answer when people were asking where JHH's husband was on TAT.  Very funny.

Ten

Offline GRAF_SAMPRAS1

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 08:20:39 PM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
I am a Sampras fan as well.  I will insert one of my favorite pics at the bottom of this message just for you.  Ok, Ok, for me too.

I just created this section of the forum the other day, congrats on being the first to use it.  :)

Welcome to the forums!  I hope you find a new home here and I look forward to your posts!

wow -- thanks!

that;s  a nice poster!

gives that "OLD" look!! hehe!

Offline GRAF_SAMPRAS1

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 08:23:54 PM »
Quote from: "Tenebrist"
Hi G_S,

I'm glad to see you.  I won't talk about other boards and all that unpleasant stuff.

Happy you are posting again.

Best wishes,

tenebrist

:))

WOW -- so nice to see you here too Tenebrist!!!

what a RELIEF to know the folks are around!!

it was so "guantanamo" not knowing how the others fared ....lol.

seems like the climax to the year is really heating up these last few days or weeks! i hope we get exciting matches and developments!

Offline GRAF_SAMPRAS1

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 08:25:40 PM »
Quote from: "Tenebrist"
Thanks.

I recognize you from the other boards, too.  You killed me with your answer when people were asking where JHH's husband was on TAT.  Very funny.

Ten

LOL -- i wonder what THAT is all about? her husband really posting?