Author Topic: Craig Hickman in the House!  (Read 3465 times)

Offline craighickman

• Tennis Addict
    • http://craighickmanontennis.blogspot.com
Craig Hickman in the House!
« on: November 12, 2006, 11:37:13 AM »
Just thought I'd say hello. Have already posted a few things, and will continue to do so.

Great looking site!!!

craighickman

aka

hallelu (don't ask)
Brilliantly blessed are those who walk with courage through the depths of their own fear, for they will Love from the bottom of their hearts.

Offline GRAF_SAMPRAS1

• Tennis God
Re: Craig Hickman in the House!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 12:21:42 PM »
Quote from: "craighickman"
Just thought I'd say hello. Have already posted a few things, and will continue to do so.

Great looking site!!!

craighickman

aka

hallelu (don't ask)

YAY!!!!

Offline GRAF_SAMPRAS1

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 12:22:54 PM »
Criaghickman -- i hope you looked at the thread made by tennis4you on RODDICK's house and what he does in his spare time. i didn't know he likes boats! wow!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 12:32:47 PM »
Welcome Craig!  I am glad you joined us!  I have been enjoying your blog and your posts here.  Keep up the good work!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline craighickman

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 07:00:00 PM »
Quote from: "GRAF_SAMPRAS1"
Criaghickman -- i hope you looked at the thread made by tennis4you on RODDICK's house and what he does in his spare time. i didn't know he likes boats! wow!

I can't find that thread. A new site can be overwhelming you know. Can you link it?

I know Roddick loves his boats. He lives on a lake in Austin.
Brilliantly blessed are those who walk with courage through the depths of their own fear, for they will Love from the bottom of their hearts.

Offline GRAF_SAMPRAS1

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 07:56:03 PM »
Quote from: "craighickman"
Quote from: "GRAF_SAMPRAS1"

I can't find that thread. A new site can be overwhelming you know. Can you link it?

I know Roddick loves his boats. He lives on a lake in Austin.

http://www.tennis4you.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4910

RODDICK'S HOUSE

this is the thread link that tennis4you  put. i found it in page 2 of the main menu. really NICE BIG pictures! andy seems involved but relaxed . it will be nice if these outside interests of his help him refresh and refocus and have a great year-end and then a great new year!

i also read your new post on TAT - i did join but i seem to have a bit of trouble signing in...so i'll have to be patient in learning how to correct whatever it is I may have fumbled in registering. I also registered with the same screenname.

I hope you can tell the folks there I'm eager to exchange notes on things , but I also hope they'll spread their participation here as well.

I think it's a very nice website - TAT too - from what I observe already - and I think both far better than what has become of ESPN.

I was actually surprised when I managed to read a thread or 2 today of TAT that the ESPN matter has gotten even worse.

exactly as not only I but others warned was happening...whatever the real story is.

My main point is that :

such things ALWAYS start with the "fringe elements" -- which , including myself , I think we are at one point or another guilty of "pointing fingers at" --

until one day it has come knocking on one's own door.....as I have noted in the remarks by many in TAT from ESPN that are wondering "how come ME TOO?, how come HIM/HER too?"

and THAT , whatever the story behind is -- is what I warned was going to happen one day....symbolic, as I had said of what the BUSHIES have begun to do.

it doesn't matter what the "community" is -- the pattern of human behaviour remains the same, i think....and I at least know that I was vociferous in pointing that out, not merely on MY account , but because we ALL know from history such things happen...and how QUICKLY they accelerate once the "fringes" are "defined" and it has become acceptable , a norm, to transpose society's own many sins onto the "fringes".

that is why, a few times, although I really had no proper solutions myself , I could only point out that I feared any banning of anyone..and that I thought it is better to let the malicious ones DISPLAY themselves for everyone else to SEE EXACTLY what they are....

I always believed that "banishing" fringes in speech does not REMOVE THEM forever....only from a particular area....and only by confronting them openly can they be corrected ....by a community that gains decency through the same free exchange that is guaranteed EVEN for the fringes.

just my own Opinion, Craig.

but it's also why I would love for the others to also participate here (and I will surely participate there, nevertheless) for the greater purpose of COOPERATION despite the friendly competitions. ..by the participants and these websites.
I DO feel that participants owe much to people like the ones that create and maintain and offer these websites -- just for making them available , and that they TOO have the prerogatives as owners, and the right to at least profit from them in some form.

and if good participation, lively, varied, free, and hopefully self-regulating community participation can HELP towards that -- all the better, IMO.

it just makes the communities so much more LIKE a REAL human community of the web! and makes its magic bring everyone closer together.

how i would LOVE to see things like that happening.

I guess I AM VENTING about what the web /through tennis experience keeps teaching me, and what I really feel, maybe even unbeknownst to me for years until this recent debacle with ESPN that I felt "corrupted" (more than just the malicious posting) what was really a tight human community that wanted to keep expanding outwards -- ...

and here we are -- we ALSO DID find TAT and TENNIS4YOU, showing that there MUST be well-meaning, decent websites....and we should support them with participation as they support US with offering a "community platform".

Offline RainerShuttle

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 02:43:17 PM »
Hey Craig! Welcome to the forums.....

Offline craighickman

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 04:36:02 PM »
Thanks Rainer!