Author Topic: I gaurantee Roger Federer will win the Grand Slam next year!  (Read 9620 times)

Offline Darcy

• Tennis Addict
I gaurantee Roger Federer will win the Grand Slam next year!
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:51:35 PM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
Yeah, you have been missed a lot.  I am glad you are back to join in with us tennis junkies.  (I keep using that term this week, I need a new one).

Thanks! :)

Offline Dr_Sincere

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 05:26:30 PM »
It is easy to see why some people would think Roger Federer has a chance at a calendar year grand slam next year, due to his two three-slam years. However, if you assess Federer's slam results this year more thoroughly, you'll learn that he was actually quite lucky to achieve what he did.

Australian Open - Federer was pushed to five sets by Tommy Haas before the German inexplicably choked in the final set. The matches with Davydenko and Baghdatis were also tantalisingly close, and if Federer didn't have his 'invincible' aura I think he'd have lost. This is especially true for the final, where Marcos was leading by a set and 5-6 40-0 until he lost five straight points for Federer to level the match.

French Open - Federer eventually lost to Rafael Nadal in a relatively comfortable match compared to the Rome epic, but people have forgotten just how close Nalbandian was in the semi-final. At one point, even the most optimistic of Federer fans would've been worried. No matter what Federer did, Nalbandian had an answer. It was only until the Argentine pulled out through injury that the result was certain.

Wimbledon - Federer should've been down 2 sets to 1 in the final. Rafael served for the second set, lost it, and then won the third set. At two sets to one up, who knows what could've happened. In a match of that importance, it is not unreasonable to think Federer would've folded just as he did at Roland Garros.

US Open - James Blake pushed Federer all the way, but his stupidity in the first set tiebreak cost him in the end. If Blake was sharper in the first set he could've had a massive scalp but it wasn't to be. Andy Roddick was also extremely close in the third set of the final, when he and Federer were one set a piece. If Roddick managed to take that set, a different story may have been written.

Next year, as age catches up with Federer and the young guns rise to the fore, I expect to see Federer's close matches swing the other way. Such matches have a habit of being on your side when you're winning, but once you start losing it is like an avalanche that destroys your confidence. I see a difficult year ahead for the boy from Basel.
"Sports is about balls and about heart and you don't find too many champions in any sport in the world without heart or balls."
Mats Wilander on Roger Federer.

Offline Darcy

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 05:31:14 PM »
..-)  Clearly, it was a fluke that Roger won three out of four Slams this year.  :laugh-bounce:  I'll leave you to your delusion, Dr. Sincere.  It's very clear to me where you're coming from now.

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 05:53:44 PM »
Quote from: "Dr_Sincere"
Next year, as age catches up with Federer and the young guns rise to the fore, I expect to see Federer's close matches swing the other way. Such matches have a habit of being on your side when you're winning, but once you start losing it is like an avalanche that destroys your confidence. I see a difficult year ahead for the boy from Basel.

A difficult year, maybe, but Federer is capable of rising to the challenge. It is always amazing how HE pulls himself out of holes in close matches even though the opponents invariably take credit for playing well.

Blake, Nalbandian and Roddick can no longer be classified as young guns. They're ageing fast. Given the big lead that Fed already has, it is going to be up to others.

But for 2007, I hate to say it, I think kittens is right  ;>)  .

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 06:04:09 PM »
After watching Federer's Australian Open, I came to teh conclusion he was going to falter this year. I felt he would be beaten more, and only win Wimbledon, if any, Grand Slams. I felt the fact that he barely got by Haas this in that tournament, and was looking vulnerable showed the rest of the tour was starting to catch up.

I was w-w-w-w-w-w-wrong.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 09:22:13 PM »
Quote from: "dmastous"
After watching Federer's Australian Open, I came to teh conclusion he was going to falter this year. I felt he would be beaten more, and only win Wimbledon, if any, Grand Slams. I felt the fact that he barely got by Haas this in that tournament, and was looking vulnerable showed the rest of the tour was starting to catch up.

I was w-w-w-w-w-w-wrong.

And just think that earlier in the year people were questionning "who was the real #1"?...

Going back to what Dr. Sincere said about Roger only winning the slams because he was "lucky" or the other players "choked"... Uhm... 9 slams out of the last 14?  I'm sure the other players wish they were so lucky or that the other players would 'choke' so they can win too! :laugh-bounce:

Someone once said about winning tennis matches - that when the same thing consistently happens over and over and over, "luck" gets out of the way and bows down to"talent". ://

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 09:23:34 PM »
Quote from: "Dallas"

I was w-w-w-w-w-w-wrong.

And just think that earlier in the year people were questionning "who was the real #1"?...

Going back to what Dr. Sincere said about Roger only winning the slams because he was "lucky" or the other players "choked"... Uhm... 9 slams out of the last 14?  I'm sure the other players wish they were so lucky or that the other players would 'choke' so they can win too! :laugh-bounce:

Someone once said about winning tennis matches - that when the same thing consistently happens over and over and over, "luck" gets out of the way and bows down to"talent". ://

I always say to my partners when they say they got "lucky", I say, the more you practice the luckier you get.  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 10:27:54 PM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
Quote from: "Dallas"

I was w-w-w-w-w-w-wrong.

I always say to my partners when they say they got "lucky", I say, the more you practice the luckier you get.  :)

I use the Horatio Algier definition of luck. It's a combination of skill and opportunity. You must have the skill (through practice) to take advantage of the opportunity. I have no problem calling a shot lucky.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 10:43:53 PM »
Oh yes, Federer won his slams this year because all of his opponents choked. I mean come on, Nadal is obvoiusly far superior on grass, and Roddick is light years ahead of Roger.  ..-)

I suppose you were one of the people who around the clay season thought Roger was going into a gradual decline? Yawn, you'll have to do a little better than your biased ramblings. They have more slant than Faux News. Are you Bill O'Reilly in disguise or something.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Offline SerenaSlam06

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 10:46:19 PM »
Btw, what troll from the ESPN boards are you?

You talk like "Expert"Analysis, and you are almost as biased and idiotic. Care to try and put any more spin on Federer's slams?

He isn't even my favorite player right now, not even my second favorite, but you are just a bigot when it comes to the man.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Offline temper27

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 10:54:55 PM »
Australian Open - Federer was pushed to five sets by Tommy Haas before the German inexplicably choked in the final set. The matches with Davydenko and Baghdatis were also tantalisingly close, and if Federer didn't have his 'invincible' aura I think he'd have lost. This is especially true for the final, where Marcos was leading by a set and 5-6 40-0 until he lost five straight points for Federer to level the match.

Mr. Tommy Haas was quite fortunate to even be in a 5th set with Federer.   Federer dominated the first 2 sets and uncharacteristicaly let up his gaurd in the 3rd, relaxed a bit too much, got sloppy and allowed Haas with his some of his own best tennis to enter the match he was never in up until that point.  Federer stepped it up a notch in the 5th set and overpowered Haas to win comfortably.   Haas ended the match in the 30s in both winners and unforced errors, Federer in the 60s, who controled the destiny of that match?   You take a guess.

Bhagdatis should have been in a 2nd set tiebreaker with Federer?  Probably, check out Federer's tiebreak record then get back to me on that one though.

French Open - Federer eventually lost to Rafael Nadal in a relatively comfortable match compared to the Rome epic, but people have forgotten just how close Nalbandian was in the semi-final. At one point, even the most optimistic of Federer fans would've been worried. No matter what Federer did, Nalbandian had an answer. It was only until the Argentine pulled out through injury that the result was certain.

Nalbandian has lost to Federer the last 8 times they have played.   Nalbandian has failed to reach a slam final since blowing everyones minds by making the 2001 Wimbledon final as a then unknown, often choking in semis of slams when he gets there.  Federer was likely to find a solution at some point anyway.  

Wimbledon - Federer should've been down 2 sets to 1 in the final. Rafael served for the second set, lost it, and then won the third set. At two sets to one up, who knows what could've happened. In a match of that importance, it is not unreasonable to think Federer would've folded just as he did at Roland Garros.

Federer played a poor service game for Nadal to get that break early in the 2nd set to begin with.  Federer quite possably, quite probably would have played the 3rd set with more urgency then he did had he lost the 2nd set.  As it was he was quite casual in the 3rd set, and did not seem to mind all too much he lost it.   He won the 4th set with relative ease.

US Open - James Blake pushed Federer all the way, but his stupidity in the first set tiebreak cost him in the end. If Blake was sharper in the first set he could've had a massive scalp but it wasn't to be. Andy Roddick was also extremely close in the third set of the final, when he and Federer were one set a piece. If Roddick managed to take that set, a different story may have been written.

Blake was well down in every single set.  It is actually Federer who choked in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th sets to even let Blake get as close as he did.  Federer was not lucky in that match, Blake was to even be as close as he was.

The 3rd set of the final was close, you give no reason why Roddick was more likely to win that close set then Federer.   Sets between Roddick and Federer are close enough mainly due to Roddick's extraordinary service, and Federer almost always wins them due to his general superiority as a player.   Federer crushed Roddick in the 1st and 4th sets, the 2nd and 3rd sets were quite evenly played, and Federer was lucky?   The same could be said of the Wimbledon final vs Nadal.  Your arguments reek of bias and unjustified reasoning.

I see a regular year of visits to your personal psychologist next year, likely resembling your past year; and I see Federer likewise continuing what he did for the most part this year.

Offline Vlad

• Tennis Player
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2006, 09:02:00 AM »
2007 will be tougher year for Rog than this year was for various reasons:

1. Roddick was nowhere near his best tennis for 1st half of the year but he is a different player right now. He pretty much outplayed Roger (who played very well too) at TMC but choked when he had matchpoints..  He will be pushing Roger hard next year.

2. Safin getting back to form (slowly) after a very miserable year. Here is another player who can challenge Roger if playing his best stuff.

3. Gasquet, Baghs, Murray, Djokovic, Berdych all will be 1 year older and more mature and physically stronger next year. Some of them (Gasquet, Murray and Berdych) already beaten Roger and are very hungry for success.

4. Nadal still unbeaten on clay since?? what seems like forever. Someone will have to take him out at RG for Roger to win it.

So, thats my take on it, I still think Roger will finish as number 1 but something tells me he won't  win all 4 majors (maybe 2) and won't have 8000 + ranking points at the end of it.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2006, 10:53:25 AM »
Quote from: "Vlad"

1. Roddick was nowhere near his best tennis for 1st half of the year but he is a different player right now. He pretty much outplayed Roger (who played very well too) at TMC but choked when he had matchpoints..  He will be pushing Roger hard next year.

2. Safin getting back to form (slowly) after a very miserable year. Here is another player who can challenge Roger if playing his best stuff.

3. Gasquet, Baghs, Murray, Djokovic, Berdych all will be 1 year older and more mature and physically stronger next year. Some of them (Gasquet, Murray and Berdych) already beaten Roger and are very hungry for success.

4. Nadal still unbeaten on clay since?? what seems like forever. Someone will have to take him out at RG for Roger to win it.

So, thats my take on it, I still think Roger will finish as number 1 but something tells me he won't  win all 4 majors (maybe 2) and won't have 8000 + ranking points at the end of it.

Even a 2 slam year is a great year for any player.  Federer has been so solid that we expect so much.  If he can take home 2 slams next year that would be sweet!  If he can take more than that it would be bonus.  I agree that Nadal will need eliminated (or injured) for Federer to wint he FO.  But if either was the case people would SMASH Federer for winning the FO without beating the best clay courter at the time.  

Safin is always so unpredictable.  So much so that I really to not like him all that much.  His game is nasty but it sucks to wonder which Safin will show up each match.

I do not think we will see Roddick beating Federer in a best of 5 set match, meaning the slams.  After this last match he has to be crushed.  I am sure he will keep fighting, but this last match probably hurt more than it helped.  (I am completely guessing on this one).

I agree he will have his hands full with the players you listed in item 3.  Federer has gotten better too, so it will all be interesting...   I am looking forward to 2007!
Scott Baker

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2006, 08:58:09 PM »

1.   The year-end Championships format is by far Roddick's best chance to beat Federer in a match.   Federer builds as events go on, he still plays at a very high level in early rounds but there is huge difference in his level of play at the start of an event to by the very end, moreso then alot of other players.   Federer in theory is much more vurnerable in early rounds of events, but he does not play the players at the very top who are the only ones who would have been good enough to beat him at even that particular level that early in normal tournament format.   The year-end Championships is the only event you can catch Federer in 1st or 2nd match form, you wont fact that in any other tournament.  In addition to that it is a best 2-of-3 as some other tournaments are, but not any of the grand slams.   It is much harder for Roddick to beat Federer in a best 3-of-5 then a best 2-of-3.  

Roddick was struggling in the first half of last year, you are right.    He is playing much better now and it is good to see.   But he has been at his best many lengths of time before that and he is still 1-12 against Federer.  Just because he is not in a slump does not mean he is going to beat Federer, particularly in a Grand Slam event.   I doubt he will.

2)   Safin is 2-7 against Federer.  Even in 2002 when Safin was a top 3 player and Federer was a developing product Federer owned Safin head to head and dusted him a few times.   In Safin's very good 2004 he went 0-3 with Federer.   In the 2005 Australian Open semis Safin played the 2nd best match of his career, after the 2000 U.S Open final with Sampras,
Federer played a good but not great match for his standards, and Federer still squandered a match point chance with a silly shot.   I doubt Safin ever beats Federer in a Grand Slam again.  He is regaining his form somewhat but the best is behind him, and another win over Federer in a Grand Slam would be a miracle for hiim.

3)Berdych beat Federer at the 2004 Olympics, an event tennis players dont give a damn event, when Roger was worn out from an overly condensed schedule.    Roger played his worst match of the year probably, making about 70 unforced errors in 3 sets to only about 40 for Berdych and still missed a match point.    Federer was a spent force at the Olympics and was going to lose to anybody at some point before the semis.   Federer since then has played Berdych alot of times, including 3 times last year and had a very easy time with him.  Berdych's power does not bother Federer, and he has no other plan to go to.    Gasquet has only beaten Federer on clay, he took him to 3 sets twice last year, but their meeting at the event that really mattered-Wimbledon, Federer totally outclassed Gasquet hitting 31 winners to his 5 or something and winning in easy straight sets.   Bhagdatis overachieved last year to even do what he did, dont look for him in a slam final, and 2 slam semis next year.    I like Djokovic alot but he has shown neither the physical or mental stamina or strength to beat the big guns in the later stages of a slam, recall his pathetic default vs Nadal in the French Open quarters due to "fatigue" and his pathetic performance vs Hewitt at the U.S Open.   Murray beat Federer in a match Mary Carillo and other noteable analysts accused Federer publicly of "tanking" the match since he did not really want to play back to back Masters after all his 3 setters in Canada, whether you agree with this or not the fact that one would even think such a thing should tell you more then what you need to know.   Murray might pull an upset nonetheless next year in a best-of-3 tournament, not a best-of-5 Grand Slam.

4)The level Nadal is playing at, and the success he is having on non-clay surfaces is currently not enough to resume his normal dominance of clay next year unless something changes between now and next years clay court season.    The fact Federer has beaten him a couple times in big matches since the French Open means he will have a totally different mentality
playing Nadal even on clay then he has in any of their previous matches on clay.   As much as one assumes Nadal would always lose to Federer on surfaces like indoor hard court, and definitely grass, there probably was an underlying thought Nadal was his nemisis to the point if he was ever playing well enough to reach Federer he did not know if he would beat him.
Beating Nadal in straight sets on hard courts, even indoor hard courts in their last match, and really dominating the match shows to me momentum of the rivaly going in Federer's favor, and if Federer believes when he next plays Nadal on clay that he will win the match, he probably will.  The only way to beat Federer is to create doubt in his head, if that doubt is descipitating it will be hard for Nadal to even beat him on clay next year.

Offline GRAF_SAMPRAS1

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2006, 10:14:05 PM »
Quote from: "kittens25"

1.   The year-end Championships format is by far Roddick's best chance to beat Federer in a match.   Federer builds as events go on, he still plays at a very high level in early rounds but there is huge difference in his level of play at the start of an event to by the very end, moreso then alot of other players.   Federer in theory is much more vurnerable in early rounds of events, but he does not play the players at the very top who are the only ones who would have been good enough to beat him at even that particular level that early in normal tournament format.   The year-end Championships is the only event you can catch Federer in 1st or 2nd match form, you wont fact that in any other tournament.  In addition to that it is a best 2-of-3 as some other tournaments are, but not any of the grand slams.   It is much harder for Roddick to beat Federer in a best 3-of-5 then a best 2-of-3.  

Roddick was struggling in the first half of last year, you are right.    He is playing much better now and it is good to see.   But he has been at his best many lengths of time before that and he is still 1-12 against Federer.  Just because he is not in a slump does not mean he is going to beat Federer, particularly in a Grand Slam event.   I doubt he will.

2)   Safin is 2-7 against Federer.  Even in 2002 when Safin was a top 3 player and Federer was a developing product Federer owned Safin head to head and dusted him a few times.   In Safin's very good 2004 he went 0-3 with Federer.   In the 2005 Australian Open semis Safin played the 2nd best match of his career, after the 2000 U.S Open final with Sampras,
Federer played a good but not great match for his standards, and Federer still squandered a match point chance with a silly shot.   I doubt Safin ever beats Federer in a Grand Slam again.  He is regaining his form somewhat but the best is behind him, and another win over Federer in a Grand Slam would be a miracle for hiim.

3)Berdych beat Federer at the 2004 Olympics, an event tennis players dont give a damn event, when Roger was worn out from an overly condensed schedule.    Roger played his worst match of the year probably, making about 70 unforced errors in 3 sets to only about 40 for Berdych and still missed a match point.    Federer was a spent force at the Olympics and was going to lose to anybody at some point before the semis.   Federer since then has played Berdych alot of times, including 3 times last year and had a very easy time with him.  Berdych's power does not bother Federer, and he has no other plan to go to.    Gasquet has only beaten Federer on clay, he took him to 3 sets twice last year, but their meeting at the event that really mattered-Wimbledon, Federer totally outclassed Gasquet hitting 31 winners to his 5 or something and winning in easy straight sets.   Bhagdatis overachieved last year to even do what he did, dont look for him in a slam final, and 2 slam semis next year.    I like Djokovic alot but he has shown neither the physical or mental stamina or strength to beat the big guns in the later stages of a slam, recall his pathetic default vs Nadal in the French Open quarters due to "fatigue" and his pathetic performance vs Hewitt at the U.S Open.   Murray beat Federer in a match Mary Carillo and other noteable analysts accused Federer publicly of "tanking" the match since he did not really want to play back to back Masters after all his 3 setters in Canada, whether you agree with this or not the fact that one would even think such a thing should tell you more then what you need to know.   Murray might pull an upset nonetheless next year in a best-of-3 tournament, not a best-of-5 Grand Slam.

4)The level Nadal is playing at, and the success he is having on non-clay surfaces is currently not enough to resume his normal dominance of clay next year unless something changes between now and next years clay court season.    The fact Federer has beaten him a couple times in big matches since the French Open means he will have a totally different mentality
playing Nadal even on clay then he has in any of their previous matches on clay.   As much as one assumes Nadal would always lose to Federer on surfaces like indoor hard court, and definitely grass, there probably was an underlying thought Nadal was his nemisis to the point if he was ever playing well enough to reach Federer he did not know if he would beat him.
Beating Nadal in straight sets on hard courts, even indoor hard courts in their last match, and really dominating the match shows to me momentum of the rivaly going in Federer's favor, and if Federer believes when he next plays Nadal on clay that he will win the match, he probably will.  The only way to beat Federer is to create doubt in his head, if that doubt is descipitating it will be hard for Nadal to even beat him on clay next year.

basically

Kittens...

you are proposing the opposite reasoning to that of The Doctor .

i think it definitely is a question of whether one or the other transpires.

IF your version transpires -- sure --federer can be "guaranteed" as you say -- to win all four. why not?

but if the opposite proposed by Doctor transpires -- i think you;ll agree that he won't win them all -- if any.

still -- i DO admire the way you clarified your position.

we have to see what happens in 2007, then.

for my part -- whether or not federer wins all four or ANY -- or fails -- i want it to be MORE competitive than it has been.

i think it is better , if he is to win them -- that he is PUSHED HARD.

or if THEY defeat him -- that they do so by playing to the hilt with roger. ...and without hesitation. or these characteristics that you have yourself pointed out.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2006, 01:43:57 PM »
Competitive would be good, and I think it will only get more so Federer.  I cannot imagine it getting any easier.  I have said it before, probably in this thread...  Even if Federer wins two slams next year it will be considered a good year.  2 slams for 3 years straight gets him the new record.  Could get interesting...
Scott Baker

Offline temper27

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2006, 02:08:51 PM »
basically

Kittens...

you are proposing the opposite reasoning to that of The Doctor .

i think it definitely is a question of whether one or the other transpires.

IF your version transpires -- sure --federer can be "guaranteed" as you say -- to win all four. why not?

but if the opposite proposed by Doctor transpires -- i think you;ll agree that he won't win them all -- if any.

still -- i DO admire the way you clarified your position.

we have to see what happens in 2007, then.

for my part -- whether or not federer wins all four or ANY -- or fails -- i want it to be MORE competitive than it has been.

i think it is better , if he is to win them -- that he is PUSHED HARD.

or if THEY defeat him -- that they do so by playing to the hilt with roger. ...and without hesitation. or these characteristics that you have yourself pointed out.

Roger has competition and most of them are not mentally weak.  Lets face it you just dont like him, that is obvious just from reading your posts, and dont like that he is going to break Sampras's records and would rather somebody else be winning as he gets closer to taking those records away.

Offline boromir8

• Tennis Player
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2006, 02:57:09 PM »
It is easy to see why some people would think Roger Federer has a chance at a calendar year grand slam next year, due to his two three-slam years. However, if you assess Federer's slam results this year more thoroughly, you'll learn that he was actually quite lucky to achieve what he did.

Excellent post Dr Sincere. This is on the lines of exactly what i was thinking. Your analysis is spot on. The only thing I might ad is that during the Australian Open the defending Champion was not present and of course so wasn't the brilliant spaniard Rafael Nadal, which many experts tipped him to win should he had been fit.  I hope for tennis's sake in essence defending champion Marat Safin and the Rafa Nadal are present in 2007.
"The difference between a mortal like Federer and a God like Sampras is all in the mind. Pete was ice cool under intense pressure and he never gave up. Federer will choke or feign injury if someone stares him in the face and doesn't look away."

Offline GRAF_SAMPRAS1

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2006, 03:43:06 PM »
Quote from: "boromir8"

Excellent post Dr Sincere. This is on the lines of exactly what i was thinking. Your analysis is spot on. The only thing I might ad is that during the Australian Open the defending Champion was not present and of course so wasn't the brilliant spaniard Rafael Nadal, which many experts tipped him to win should he had been fit.  I hope for tennis's sake in essence defending champion Marat Safin and the Rafa Nadal are present in 2007.

Hi Boromir,

are you new here?

if so - great to see that.

I am curious -- is that Boromir from LOTR? hehe. coz i'm a great fan of the story and movies. musta read it dozens upon dozens of times over the years. lol.

Offline boromir8

• Tennis Player
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2006, 03:49:13 PM »
Quote from: "GRAF_SAMPRAS1"
Quote from: "boromir8"

Hi Boromir,

are you new here?

if so - great to see that.

I am curious -- is that Boromir from LOTR? hehe. coz i'm a great fan of the story and movies. musta read it dozens upon dozens of times over the years. lol.

Hi there Graf Sampras. Yes I am new here. I hope to have some good discussion with you here in the future :H.
It is Boromir from the greatest fantasy story ever told!!! Glad your a fan of the epic masterpeice aswell ://
"The difference between a mortal like Federer and a God like Sampras is all in the mind. Pete was ice cool under intense pressure and he never gave up. Federer will choke or feign injury if someone stares him in the face and doesn't look away."