Author Topic: I gaurantee Roger Federer will win the Grand Slam next year!  (Read 9500 times)

Offline Mystify

• Tennis God
I gaurantee Roger Federer will win the Grand Slam next year!
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2006, 03:23:34 PM »
Quote from: "John Mcenroe"
I think Fed is not going to win next year.....

Or I just hope hes not... :)~

hey ur back yeah :))  :))  :))

Offline craighickman

• Tennis Addict
    • http://craighickmanontennis.blogspot.com
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2006, 04:10:18 PM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
Quote from: "awk"
What is this nonsensical talk about "Weak Era". The Eras are getting stronger and stronger as time goes by. With Modern technology such as Video Analysis, Racquets, Body Mechanics Analysts and very fit players, Are you telling me that the Era is weaker ??? Everything is relative, as Jon Wertheim (CNNSI) mentioned - It is Federer who makes it feel that the competition is weak because of his dominance.

As far as Federer making the Grand Slam is concerned, I would hope he learns from his experience at the YEC against Nadal and chooses to attack more than defend. When I hear about the G.O.A.T argument, it makes me laugh. How can any one anoint Sampras who to me was very much one-dimensional as the Greatest Ever. Is there no such thing as a complete player. I can say Borg, Laver and maybe Mcenroe could be considered but Sampras c'mon. I am NOT ready to anoint Federer just as yet but if he wins the French and continues to dominate for another couple of years, he should definitely be at the TOP of the list !!
 ://

Agreed.  The players that fold fold a little to early against federer are not folding like that against other players.

From where I sit, they do. I could list all the chokes this year, but it would take up too many pages.
Brilliantly blessed are those who walk with courage through the depths of their own fear, for they will Love from the bottom of their hearts.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2006, 08:32:00 PM »
When Roger is on the verge of losing the match it usually means he was not playing as well as he is capable of, and if he comes back from a small deficit he probably was able to bring out his best tennis, which he had not been producing up until that point in the match in most cases in order to be on the verge of losing, when he needed it most.

Also a choke would have to be a match his opponent was in much more of a position to win then him.   There are hardly any matches I can think of where that was the case.  Maybe his 2 wins over Rochus, that is it.    Roddick was never in more position to win the U.S Open final then Federer was, the year-end Championships round robin he had a match point but was never up more then a point or two in the 2nd set, none of his matches in Australia were his opponents ever in a clear winning position, Nadal was never ahead in the Wimbledon final at any point, Blake never was anywhere near a winning position in any of his matches with Federer, the closest was in position to win the first set of the Pacific Life final, big deal in a best 3-of-5 final.    Except for the Rochus match his opponents were never close to being in a winning position, in any of hte matches, in any of his 3 setters in Canada or Halle.  So those "chokes" are simply inventions in ones mind I suspect.

One could say Federer gives his opponents chances by missed opportunites to, should we say 2 of Nadal's wins over Federer were because Federer choked, in Dubai and Rome?  Those were better examples of chokes then any of Roger's wins this year I can recall, except the 2 Rochus wins.    Or somebody like Tommy Haas was only in the Australian Open match since Federer let up a bit in the 3rd set and let it get that close by laying off, one should probably say Federer "choked" to even have Haas in a 5th set in the first place.  Blake was lucky to be in their U.S Open quarterfinal as much as he was, Federer served for the first set and choked, had a chance to close out the 3rd set in the tiebreak and got tight, then choked two different times serving for the 4th but closed out the 2nd time anyway, it was Blake who was in that match at all because Federer was choking, not vice versa.   Lots of other examples I could come up with.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2006, 08:34:00 PM »
Quote from: "craighickman"
From where I sit, they do. I could list all the chokes this year, but it would take up too many pages.

Roger has only played 97 singles matches this year, even that would not take up a whole page.

Go ahead and make a list, I dare you if you can, I really look forward to seeing what some of the choices would be.    ..-)

Offline JadeFox21

• Tennis God
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2006, 08:36:04 PM »
Quote from: "craighickman"
In fact, Roger Federer himself has said much of the same thing. You might have to piece together his interviews to read it, you might not (hasn't Roger said more than once that his chief nemesis is one-dimensional???), but it's all there for the seeing if you care to see it.

Yes, Roger did say that.  But he also said that he was NOT referring to the effectiveness of Rafa's game.  Nadal is very, very good at the "one dimension" he has - hence he's #2 in the world.  There are alot of one-dimensional players out there.  Why people take that moniker to mean a "weak" game is beyond me.  You can be quite great with a one-dimensional game.  There are also alot of players out there with multi-dimensional games...Roger mentioned Safin as being one.  I agree with that.  And when Safin is on...he's a great player.  But Safin also proves that just because you have a multi-dimensional game, doesn't mean you'll dominate everyone.
Addicted to the Fed Express

Offline xerox0001

• Tennis Player
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2006, 03:45:14 PM »
I hope Federer does not win any slams next year.
If he wins the grand slam then tennis will officially be dead and this will be crowned the weakest era of tennis ever.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2006, 04:07:14 PM »
Kickserve are you hero from the BBC Boards??? :whistle:  :lmao:
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2006, 04:37:53 PM »
Hi Kickserve(hero), ;;)  I knew it was you, why change your name??

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2006, 04:49:49 PM »
How did I know it was you? It's not rocket science...your style
 :uh:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2006, 04:53:26 PM »
Did all of you come over from the BBC site after their original board closed?  Any reason why they shut it down?  (I visited a lot just to read but then it got so 'boring' with all the trolls over there saying the same thing)...

But it's good to see some new posters here.  Welcome aboard. :H

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: I gaurantee Roger Federer will win the Grand Slam next year!
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2012, 05:02:16 PM »
I gaurantee Roger Federer will win the Calender Slam next year.   I am willing to put myself on the line and say so.  Anyone can bring this thread up to remind me if it does not happen but I am 100% certain it will.

I'll bring it up.
Little did these posters know that Fed continued to raise hell for years to come.

Interesting "blast from the past".