Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 2167 times)

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
Hello all
« on: November 23, 2006, 11:45:11 PM »
Hi,
     I am a new to this forum. Just wanted to say hello. I followed BBC message boards, ESPN for sometime now. But, I have been looking for a good tennis forum for sometime and came across tennis4u.com a few days ago. It looks great.

I used to follow tennis as a kid. I was a fan of Stefan Edberg, and then followed Pete Sampras. Now, I feel very honored to follow Roger Federer closely and witness the Living Legend.

Thanks again for the great site fellow tennis fans and admin Scott. I look forward to talk to you all soon.

Offline GRAF_SAMPRAS1

• Tennis God
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 12:46:54 AM »
Quote from: "tennisfan78"
Hi,
     I am a new to this forum. Just wanted to say hello. I followed BBC message boards, ESPN for sometime now. But, I have been looking for a good tennis forum for sometime and came across tennis4u.com a few days ago. It looks great.

I used to follow tennis as a kid. I was a fan of Stefan Edberg, and then followed Pete Sampras. Now, I feel very honored to follow Roger Federer closely and witness the Living Legend.

Thanks again for the great site fellow tennis fans and admin Scott. I look forward to talk to you all soon.

Hello and welcome.

it's great to have another tennis fan join us here! I've been a long fan of sampra myself and am not as convinced about roger although it must be acknowledged that his records are mighty impressive nowadays.

Still, it hasn't stopped me and some federerfans from becoming friends on so many other matters through our "quarrels"..

just ask Federexpress, hehe!

It IS a great site. some of us have migrated here from ESPN , which was very active until it became mostly about banning people and literally censoring so many things. but that doesn't mean THIS tennis board wasn't ALREADY a very good one.

maybe you can tell your other fellow fedfans and other fans on BBC (also used to just read there mostly) - to come and join us here and tell them it's a great site! that's what we've been telling each other from ESPN and elsewhere, and in fact that's how I found myself here, because we were looking for each other and then telling others where we were found! hehe! so , the more the merrier.

messier and more quarrelsome, maybe, like the british parliament, but more EXCITING. hehe! do tell your friends, then!

and definitely the fans i've known trhough ESPN and become fellow "migrants" since we were either banned or driven away - are all GREAT TENNIS FANS and FELLOW POSTERS, as you'll find out quickly!

cheers!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Hello all
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 06:38:42 AM »
I am always pumped to have someone new join in on the tennis discussions!  I am glad you found us here.  Feel free to jump in where ever with us tennis junkies.  I look forward to your posts!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
Hello all
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 01:53:06 PM »
Thanks very much Graf_Sampras and Tennis4you.

And Graf_Sampras, I did mention about tennis4you.com on bbc. I hope they move over here.

Also, I know what you mean when you say that you are not convinced about roger. Because, I felt the same way as you did couple of years ago when every one was talking about him and comparing him with Pete Sampras. I thought that may be Roger is being over hyped. But, after watching him play over and over, I subconsicously became his fan. I hope that he can maintain his level of play for few more years although that could be quite tough.

Offline GRAF_SAMPRAS1

• Tennis God
Hello all
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 05:29:12 PM »
Quote from: "tennisfan78"
Thanks very much Graf_Sampras and Tennis4you.

And Graf_Sampras, I did mention about tennis4you.com on bbc. I hope they move over here.

Also, I know what you mean when you say that you are not convinced about roger. Because, I felt the same way as you did couple of years ago when every one was talking about him and comparing him with Pete Sampras. I thought that may be Roger is being over hyped. But, after watching him play over and over, I subconsicously became his fan. I hope that he can maintain his level of play for few more years although that could be quite tough.

great that you mentioned it to other BBC folks!

as for roger -- there's no question that he is a very , very good player and that it's up to the others to figure out what they have to do to pose him a challenge. that's why we all have different views depending on how and what things we think needs to be looked at.

that doesn't , or shouldn't stop any of us to exchange views and even compete with those views and remember that this is all nothing compared to many other more important matters in the world.

heck - some of the fans and fellow posters i most admire are fedfans and we bang our heads from time to time, lol.

enjoy the reading and posting!