Tennis4you Community > T4U New Members Introductions

The Doctor has arrived...

(1/2) > >>

Dr_Sincere:
Hi, I'm Dr_Sincere and tennis is my favourite sport, but I also like English football. My favourite tennis player of all time is Pete Sampras. His racquet skills were phenomenal, and his achievements more so. I doubt we will ever see a player of his calibre again unless Jesus Christ makes a comeback and takes a keen interest in tennis. He is easily the greatest tennis player of all time, his achievements say it all. How many others have won 7 Wimbledon titles? You almost feel like he is a fictional character when talking about Pete because in real life tennis players just aren't supposed to be that good. In thousands of years from now, people around the globe will still be talking about Pete Sampras the way we talk about Achilles and Alexander the Great now. I doubt anyone will surpass his achievements in my lifetime, and I'm in my twenties.

Tennis4you:

--- Quote from: "Dr_Sincere" ---Hi, I'm Dr_Sincere and tennis is my favourite sport, but I also like English football. My favourite tennis player of all time is Pete Sampras. His racquet skills were phenomenal, and his achievements more so. I doubt we will ever see a player of his calibre again unless Jesus Christ makes a comeback and takes a keen interest in tennis. He is easily the greatest tennis player of all time, his achievements say it all. How many others have won 7 Wimbledon titles? You almost feel like he is a fictional character when talking about Pete because in real life tennis players just aren't supposed to be that good. In thousands of years from now, people around the globe will still be talking about Pete Sampras the way we talk about Achilles and Alexander the Great now. I doubt anyone will surpass his achievements in my lifetime, and I'm in my twenties.
--- End quote ---

Welcome to the forums!!!  Always exciting to add to the mix!

As long as tennis is talked about Sampras' name will indeed be in the mix.  We recently had another Sampras fan join us and I posted this image in their welcome thread as well.  I got it in a newpaper back in college and I scanned it.  I still have the original.  Enjoy!!!

tennisfan78:
Dr.Sincere, Welcome to Tennis4you.com . I used to follow BBC message boards and I havent posted much on there, but followed most of the debates that you and others have had. I am glad to see you here. welcome again and enjoy tennis4you.com

GRAF_SAMPRAS1:
WELCOME, DoctorSincere.

i had a great fellow poster in ESPN -- DoctorSax -- and have been hoping he'll be here too and also in another great website -- tennis4you -- where some ESPN posters "found" me and told me many were here.

but you remind me of DoctorSax and his erudite comments.

some of the fedfans that I quarreled with but i like are here too , so there's going to be plenty of engrossing stuff. hehe!

Kirkus has blessed my idea of having 2007 as a "Federer I ME AND MY TALENT" statement watch! hehe.

GRAF_SAMPRAS1:
oh wait -- i already confused myself!

i thought i was "chilling" in TAT -- but i AM in tennis4you! my original wonderful home when ESPN "orphaned" me. hehe ..

and i will always love this place! actually i try to mention it as often as i can.

tennis4you!

hehe!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version