Author Topic: Best match of 2004?  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Best match of 2004?
« on: December 12, 2004, 09:39:02 AM »
Well, 2004 is basically over and I know we are all waiting to see many things in 2005 which is right around the corner especially with the AO coming up.

What was the best match in 2004 for the ATP and WTA in terms of quality?

ATP:  I have a tie because there was 2 superb matches that I really enjoyed watching:

Fed defeats Roddick at Wimbledon.  Both players played great tennis.  Roddick played the best tennis he had probably ever played and it was not enough.

Safin defeats Agassi at the AO (semis?)  Both players smacked the cover off of those balls.  Great match!

WTA:  I do not watch as many of the womens matches as the mens.  But I will have to go with...  Crap, I need to think about this one for a while.  I want to pick a match where both players played well and had a close match...  What am I forgetting here?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline tennisgeek

• Tennis Player
Best match of 2004?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 10:20:32 AM »
Federer beating Roddick @ Wimbledon, I do not think Roddick could have played any better, but Federer just weathered the storm!!!. That's what makes him such a special player!!!

Offline hummer23mm

• Tennis Addict
    • http://www.atptennis.com
Best match of 2004?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 09:52:21 PM »
sargisian vs. pal henri mateiu us open 3rd round.  i was in the second row courtside for all 5 hours of it.  that 5 setter was amazing.  the energy was insane.  they fough theyre hearts out.  that is the best match ive ever  seen
Mike

Offline Jeffro

• Tennis Enthusiast
  • Shhhhhh! Don't wake her up!
Best match of 2004?
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 09:56:33 PM »
I second hummer23, watched some of that on tv.  High quality tennis, even after 4+ hours.  Great drama, just a great match to watch.
"A man's got to know his limitations." - Clint