Author Topic: FOR VAL - Plans  (Read 2058 times)

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
FOR VAL - Plans
« on: February 04, 2005, 07:41:49 PM »
Ok Val, this one is for you...  :)

3,000 s.f. first floor
3,000 s.f. second floor
2,800 s.f. finished basement
10' ceiling height first floor
9' ceiling height second floor
Pool in rear
Walk out basement
5 car garage
Sun room
Huge kitchen
Estimated to be $1.2 - $1.4 in construction costs...  I do not know what the contractor paid for the lot.

Front Elevation

First Floor Plan

Second Floor Plan

Lower Level
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
FOR VAL - Plans
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 07:52:56 PM »
Whose house will this be?

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
FOR VAL - Plans
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 07:55:53 PM »
A house for a contractor we do some work for that own the company and builds 40-50 homes per year.
Scott Baker

Offline val

• Tennis Enthusiast
Re: FOR VAL - Plans
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 12:37:33 PM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"

Front Elevation

First Floor Plan

Second Floor Plan

Lower Level

Well, I particularly like your stairs, especially in the main foyer.  I like the centrality of the stairs in that you have a two foyers, in essence.  I also like the two sets of stairs to the basement, which I don't see around here that much because we don't have basements, as a rule.  Are you setting this house?  Which way does the morning sun come in?  Is that a walk-in closet above the three car garage?  If so, that's the biggest I've ever seen.

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
FOR VAL - Plans
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 12:45:17 PM »
That is a walk-in closet above the garage.  It is a fair size.  The long side walls do slope down to 6' tall, so some space is lost in that.  I am sure the text is too hard to read, but looks like you know what you are looking at.

If I recall correctly, North is straight up on the page.  This lot is fairly narrow, well, it became narrow when the Owner asked for a garage court yard and we had to drive past a garage to get to the car port.  I love the idea, but this house is just a few inches from each side yard setback.  But it has great depth.

I am not sure what you mean by "setting" the house.  We did do a site plan.  :)

I liek the 2 sets of stairs from inside the house (and one from inside the garage) as well.  The front stair is all for show.  I assume guests will almost always use the one in the parkign court.

The den is on the right hand side with the oval desk in it.  It also has a side entry for his subs.  He is a contractor and it is nice to have sub not track dirt and crap through the house.  This Owner knows what looks good, always fun to work with them because you can do nice stuff.   Some owners just want a big house with little extra.  Kinda blah.  I will try to post a hosue a week just for you.  :)
Scott Baker

Offline val

• Tennis Enthusiast
FOR VAL - Plans
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 02:33:13 PM »
Well, I'll always take a look at them.

By setting, I meant how the house was going to sit on the lot.  Obviously, most of the lot is taken up by house, but the house will kind of dark in the evenings.  The master only has one north-facing window and the southern bedroom has only one window.  On the first floor, the kitchen gets light, but you've got two high garages which will only allow channeled light.  I'd think it would have made the house lighter if the house had been facing SSE.

Neat office.  I really do like those steps...

Offline tightboy2010

• Tennis Enthusiast
FOR VAL - Plans
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 08:53:31 PM »
wow that is a really good house mabye u can built me one later in life........i am a really good artist and at one time i was lookin at this feild of work...i still might take it up if i don't go pro in tennis lol :lifting)  :yahoo:

Offline tightboy2010

• Tennis Enthusiast
FOR VAL - Plans
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2005, 08:56:59 PM »
on the second florr wut is that sphere shaped thing....is that a pool on the outside?

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
FOR VAL - Plans
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005, 09:19:21 PM »
On the bottom right of the plan?  That is a raised ceiling height.
Scott Baker

Offline Hoytie

• Tennis God
  • My British Blue Shorthair, Joshua, a Tennis Fan.
FOR VAL - Plans
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 10:52:10 AM »
Gosh!  Unbelievable.  But the price sounds so low.  Must be the area of the country?

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
FOR VAL - Plans
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2005, 10:57:21 AM »
Hmmm....   Do not forget to include the cost of the lot.  I am guessing the lot he purchased was about $250,000 minimum.  So that is about $1.65 million total.  And he will deck this thing out.  Columbus isn't bad in terms of pricing, it is no CA!!!
Scott Baker

Offline maranatha tennis

• Tennis Enthusiast
    • http://www.maranathatennis2000.com
re
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 11:42:48 AM »
That's an apartment out here mate! One of the homes I worked for was 27,000 sq ft! and another had an indoor tennis courts. Cool homes, still small for here.