Author Topic: The Doctor has arrived...  (Read 3375 times)

Offline Dr_Sincere

• Tennis Addict
The Doctor has arrived...
« on: November 25, 2006, 01:55:29 PM »
Hi, I'm Dr_Sincere and tennis is my favourite sport, but I also like English football. My favourite tennis player of all time is Pete Sampras. His racquet skills were phenomenal, and his achievements more so. I doubt we will ever see a player of his calibre again unless Jesus Christ makes a comeback and takes a keen interest in tennis. He is easily the greatest tennis player of all time, his achievements say it all. How many others have won 7 Wimbledon titles? You almost feel like he is a fictional character when talking about Pete because in real life tennis players just aren't supposed to be that good. In thousands of years from now, people around the globe will still be talking about Pete Sampras the way we talk about Achilles and Alexander the Great now. I doubt anyone will surpass his achievements in my lifetime, and I'm in my twenties.
"Sports is about balls and about heart and you don't find too many champions in any sport in the world without heart or balls."
Mats Wilander on Roger Federer.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: The Doctor has arrived...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 01:58:21 PM »
Quote from: "Dr_Sincere"
Hi, I'm Dr_Sincere and tennis is my favourite sport, but I also like English football. My favourite tennis player of all time is Pete Sampras. His racquet skills were phenomenal, and his achievements more so. I doubt we will ever see a player of his calibre again unless Jesus Christ makes a comeback and takes a keen interest in tennis. He is easily the greatest tennis player of all time, his achievements say it all. How many others have won 7 Wimbledon titles? You almost feel like he is a fictional character when talking about Pete because in real life tennis players just aren't supposed to be that good. In thousands of years from now, people around the globe will still be talking about Pete Sampras the way we talk about Achilles and Alexander the Great now. I doubt anyone will surpass his achievements in my lifetime, and I'm in my twenties.

Welcome to the forums!!!  Always exciting to add to the mix!

As long as tennis is talked about Sampras' name will indeed be in the mix.  We recently had another Sampras fan join us and I posted this image in their welcome thread as well.  I got it in a newpaper back in college and I scanned it.  I still have the original.  Enjoy!!!

Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 03:08:58 PM »
Dr.Sincere, Welcome to Tennis4you.com . I used to follow BBC message boards and I havent posted much on there, but followed most of the debates that you and others have had. I am glad to see you here. welcome again and enjoy tennis4you.com

Offline GRAF_SAMPRAS1

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 04:51:40 PM »
WELCOME, DoctorSincere.

i had a great fellow poster in ESPN -- DoctorSax -- and have been hoping he'll be here too and also in another great website -- tennis4you -- where some ESPN posters "found" me and told me many were here.

but you remind me of DoctorSax and his erudite comments.

some of the fedfans that I quarreled with but i like are here too , so there's going to be plenty of engrossing stuff. hehe!

Kirkus has blessed my idea of having 2007 as a "Federer I ME AND MY TALENT" statement watch! hehe.

Offline GRAF_SAMPRAS1

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 04:53:56 PM »
oh wait -- i already confused myself!

i thought i was "chilling" in TAT -- but i AM in tennis4you! my original wonderful home when ESPN "orphaned" me. hehe ..

and i will always love this place! actually i try to mention it as often as i can.

tennis4you!

hehe!

Offline chetanpv

• New Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »
good to see you Doctor. I dont think we need any introductions.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 05:08:18 PM »
Quote from: "chetanpv"

Welcome to the forums chetanpv!!!   :welcome)  :welcome)  :welcome)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 08:53:08 PM »
Quote from: "chetanpv"

Chetanpv, welcome to Tennis4you.com :)

Offline GRAF_SAMPRAS1

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2006, 10:04:23 PM »
I also want to belatedly Welcome CHETANPV!!

Offline GRAF_SAMPRAS1

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2006, 10:04:55 PM »
I also want to belatedly Welcome CHETANPV!!