Author Topic: Magnets?  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Magnets?
« on: February 06, 2005, 10:16:13 PM »
Anyone here ever have any luck with magnets for injuries?  Nikken is the main magnet maker, they make it in jewlery.  I have had injuries for a while now, not so severe that I cannot play, but nagging injuries none the less.  Supossibly magnets help increase blood flow.  Some people swear by them and some people think they are a big crock.

Anyways, wifey got me a braclet made by Nikken on Ebay.  I wear it at night, I just got it two days ago.  I am wearing it on the arm that has the tendenitous in the shoulder.  Can't hurt, unless my arm falls off or something.  They make shoulder brace magnets, necklaces, even bed matress stuff.

Anyone try these?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Tennis Freak

• Tennis Enthusiast
Magnets?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 07:16:09 AM »
I had a friend back in college try those magnets and he loved them.  I do not know if I woudl try them or not.  I guess if nothing else was working I would be trying anything.  I hope they help you.

Offline jjw

• Tennis Player
re
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 01:12:38 PM »
magnetic field treatment is not new. The only way I have actually seen it work is the kind where the magnetic field is powered by electricity. But then only with bone cracks and fractures or other traume recovery.
If it works , great! Might be a lot better to have a good look at why you have tendinitis.....

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Magnets?
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 01:19:27 PM »
I actually went to thearapy about 4 years ago when it started hurting.  It is only on the serve and only if I have to serve too much, like a few singles matches in 1 or 2 weeks.  I can play dubs 5 times a week and it almost never bothers me.  Just yet another reason I play more dubs.  I took 3 months off and did all the stuff they told me to do and it came right back when I started playing again.

5 years ago I quit lifting weights, it started hurting 1 year after that.  The people at the therapy place told me the smaller muscles in my shoulder are not strong enough for the abuse of my serve.  But it has felt good all summer, but again, mostly dubs.
Scott Baker

Offline jjw

• Tennis Player
re
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 01:21:32 PM »
looks like you serve differently in dubs than in singles. A very common occurence. A lot of people try to serve harder in singles, in dubs they go for more relaxation. Do you play serve and volley in dubs, and in singles? With the forward motion , and the more forward ball toss, the serve is not as tough on the shoulder as when you stay back.
A ball toss an inch further back can be the difference between pain and no pain.
A lot of stetching and of course muscle training, off court,  help too.

jjw

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Magnets?
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 01:33:30 PM »
I actually serve and volley in both singles and doubles.  But in singles I probably do take a few more chances here and there.  It seems to me that if I do too much serving it catches up to me.  Too much dubs will eventually catch up with me in the past, but this summer I had good luck with that.  Who knows.
Scott Baker