Author Topic: An annoying problem:  (Read 1917 times)

Offline urbanxy

• Tennis Player
An annoying problem:
« on: December 28, 2006, 09:55:42 AM »
I have a rather delicate problem related to my tennis game.  I've heard it affectionately referred to as "Turtle Syndrome".  Basically, as I run back and forth on the court Mr. Happy becomes more and more introverted.  Eventually, it becomes a distraction and I start mis**tting.   I have to adjust several times during a match, which can be very embarassing (think of Nadal's butt-picking, only in the front).  I have never heard of any type of remedy for this condition, short of going commando; which is not an option.  Have any other guys had this problem, or heard of any kind of solution?

Offline Hoytie

• Tennis God
  • My British Blue Shorthair, Joshua, a Tennis Fan.
An annoying problem:
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 12:25:11 PM »
Castration!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
An annoying problem:
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 12:51:11 PM »
Yikes.   Am I liable in any way if I try to answer this?  I will say that castration is not a good way to go, sorry Hoytie!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline urbanxy

• Tennis Player
An annoying problem:
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 01:32:01 PM »
As I've become rather attached to that part of my anatomy, I'll go ahead and rule that out (plus, doesn't castration make you gain weight?).  But seriously, I was thinking maybe there was some kind of sheath or a small band or something that I could wear that would keep everything in place.  I just hate having to adjust myself on court; it's sort of vulgar.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
An annoying problem:
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 01:39:26 PM »
I am sure it sucks.  I have never seen or heard of anything to remedy the problem.  I assume you are wearing titty-whitties and not boxers?
Scott Baker

Offline lizbeth

• Tennis Addict
An annoying problem:
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 04:23:30 PM »
Whatever you guys come up with, I hope you'll pass it on to Roddick.  He "readjusts" after every point when he's receiving serve.  When he's serving, he has a tennis ball in his left hand, so he has to wait till he's receiving for that hand to be free to do his thing. In his case I think it's just a nervous habit and doesn't really accomplish anything, but what do I know!  I do know that what with Nadal going to the back side all the time, and Roddick to the front, I have a hard time watching either one of them.

Online Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
An annoying problem:
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 04:40:27 PM »
Quote from: "lizbeth"
Whatever you guys come up with, I hope you'll pass it on to Roddick.  He "readjusts" after every point when he's receiving serve.  When he's serving, he has a tennis ball in his left hand, so he has to wait till he's receiving for that hand to be free to do his thing. In his case I think it's just a nervous habit and doesn't really accomplish anything, but what do I know!  I do know that what with Nadal going to the back side all the time, and Roddick to the front, I have a hard time watching either one of them.

Uhm.. I've never noticed this before.  Now you're going to have me watching Roddick all the time to see if he still does it! :))   Just think when we have a Roddick vs Nadal match!  Gee, can't wait to see that one! ;;)

Offline urbanxy

• Tennis Player
An annoying problem:
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 05:04:22 PM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
I am sure it sucks.  I have never seen or heard of anything to remedy the problem.  I assume you are wearing titty-whitties and not boxers?

Yes.  Definitely briefs, as boxers are too loose.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
An annoying problem:
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 05:58:15 PM »
Yikes...  Maybe try briefs that are even tighter.
Scott Baker

Offline cgw

• Tennis God
An annoying problem:
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 06:49:07 PM »
I don't think castration would take care of Mr. Happy, only his two nutty friends. You could see if Lorena Bobbitt is listed in the phone directory and she might be able to put Mr. Happy out of his misery.

As I have done many times in the past, I choose to quote Elaine from "Seinfeld":

I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU GUYS WALK AROUND WITH THOSE THINGS![/color]
She KNEW she had a big fat ass...and her attitude was "Kiss it!"

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
An annoying problem:
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 07:10:06 PM »
I do not know how women walk around (and run) with breasts.  :)~

And a side note...  Everyone did have to click "18 and older" to register for the forums right?  :)
Scott Baker

Offline cgw

• Tennis God
An annoying problem:
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 08:39:44 PM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
I do not know how women walk around (and run) with breasts.  :)~

And a side note...  Everyone did have to click "18 and older" to register for the forums right?  :)

But aren't you glad we do!!??!! Especially the chicks on "Baywatch" while running around in slow motion!
She KNEW she had a big fat ass...and her attitude was "Kiss it!"

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
An annoying problem:
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 08:46:18 PM »
Oh trust me, we are glad.   :angel2)
Scott Baker

Offline Arc

• Tennis Addict
An annoying problem:
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 09:31:17 PM »
maybe you should try getting a jockstrap? most of the pros wear jockstraps when they play for this type of thing, I believe...

that used to happen to me someitms when I ran x-country. well, not necessarily the same thing you're talking about but as you guys know, the shorts that runners wear are pretty much paper thin, foot-long pieces of silk sewn up with some thread and it was kind of uncomfortable to be in boxers and feel like everyone that was watchimng me run could see everything i was working with moving around. anyhow, i started running in briefs and everything moved around a lot less.