Tiger Woods
3 (27.3%)
Both
1 (9.1%)
Neither
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: December 31, 2006, 09:36:37 AM

Author Topic: Who will win a Grand Slam The Year, Federer, or Tiger  (Read 2897 times)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Who will win a Grand Slam The Year, Federer, or Tiger
« on: December 31, 2006, 09:36:37 AM »
This question was posed on The Sports Reporters this morning. It's an interesting one.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 09:37:51 AM »
I am going with neither.  I think Fed will still win some slams this year, but I cannot imagine him winnign all 4.  I hope he proves me wrong.  I know so little about golf.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 10:02:30 AM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
I am going with neither.  I think Fed will still win some slams this year, but I cannot imagine him winnign all 4.  I hope he proves me wrong.  I know so little about golf.

All, I know is Tiger is the best golfer on planet Earth by a large margin. Federer is amazing, and the best tennis player, but he doesn't lap the field like Tiger. I say Tiger get's his slam, but Federer doesn't.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 09:37:41 AM »
Quote from: "dmastous"
Quote from: "Tennis4you"

All, I know is Tiger is the best golfer on planet Earth by a large margin. Federer is amazing, and the best tennis player, but he doesn't lap the field like Tiger. I say Tiger get's his slam, but Federer doesn't.

Mickelson is my man!  Heres hoping he takes at least 1 from Tiger with some great competition!  Roger can definitely do it but it is still unlikely.  Just so Nadal doesn't get any!  Unless he comes out with a totally new personality.

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 03:30:09 AM »
Tiger only :P
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 06:53:08 PM »
I still think you have a better chance in golf than tennis (although I did vote for Roger)...

What I mean is that some people say it's harder to win in golf because you're playing against 'the whole field'.  In a way that's true, but looking at it another way - you have 4 chances to win it in golf.  If you suck one day (one round) you're still in it and you can improve and win by having 3 other good rounds.

In tennis...suck one match and for the most part - you're out!  You don't have an opportunity to 'come back' the next day and redeem yourself.  I wonder how many grand slams would Tiger have it all the majors were played in the 'match-play' format?  He doesn't do that well in match-play?  Why?  Because although Tiger is the best golfer, sometimes you get that 1 player who really gets hot and have 1 great round and can knock you out.  In match-play..that's it!  Plus, Tiger can his a drive for 300 yards and that's fantastic.  No one is at the other end of his shot driving that ball back to him!  (You can tell I'm pro-tennis)!  :))

Anyway, the big question mark for Roger is the French.  If, by chance, he can manage to win that one....I think it's on then because he has proven that he can and have won Wimbledon and the US Open.  If he can win the French, Roger's the type of player that "relaxes" when he wins and plays better.  He's played 'better' since becomming #1 than he did before he was #1 (he even said that).  He said he just 'relaxed' once he became #1 and seem to have player better.  Let him get that French title - look out world! :))