Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

WTA Paris

(1/3) > >>

Chris1987:
Don't know how many of you are interested in this Tier 2 event this week but it could be an absolute cracker. With Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams due to meet in the semi final, Maria will want revenge and whoever wins this match will go ahead in the WTA rankings. Then throw Mauresmo into the equation who is also challenging for the World number 2 position this week.

Great week this could be 3 players all challenging for 1 spot as the world number 2 behind Davenport.

Hoytie:
I'm keeping tabs on this tournament.  It has always been an interesting one.  I would love A. Mauresmo to win, especially in her home country.  But we all know about her falling apart under pressure.  I just wish she would conquer this but I would imagine it is very hard, even with a sports psychologist.

trente-quinze:
I'm not planning to go this year but have been a few times in the past.
 It's a neat tournament, quite low-key compared to the big ATP Paris masters-series.
The Mauresmo fan-club is always there in full force :yahoo: cheering her up as well as other players, that's something really special about this tournament.

Amélie is playing Mary Pierce first, that should make for an interesting and fun match.

I do expect the winner to be either Serena or Maria.

http://www.opengazdefrance.com

--- Quote from: "Hoytie" ---I'm keeping tabs on this tournament.  It has always been an interesting one.  I would love A. Mauresmo to win, especially in her home country.  But we all know about her falling apart under pressure.  I just wish she would conquer this but I would imagine it is very hard, even with a sports psychologist.
--- End quote ---

At least she has already won this tournament.

As for her French Open complex, the news today it that she will be preparing the tournament (and other big events) with the help of Yannick Noah. That sounds cool although it may only bring even more media focus/pressure on her, considering how big a star Noah is here. :rasta:

Tennis4you:
I actually wonder how Noah will help her.  I am pretty much thinking she is unhelpable.  But I guess that is more of a gut feel than anything else, I know very little about her.  :)

trente-quinze:

--- Quote from: "Tennis4you" ---I actually wonder how Noah will help her.  I am pretty much thinking she is unhelpable.  But I guess that is more of a gut feel than anything else, I know very little about her.  :)
--- End quote ---

Unhelpable, that's a good word, I like it!

I think if she still wants to improve then she needs any help she can be it from a physical point of view, mental point of view or technical point of view.

However, at the end of the day you're alone on the court against your opponent and it's all up to you.:Boxing:
Which is one of the reasons tennis is such a great sport IMHO. :winner:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version