Tennis Contests & Games > T4U Grand Slam Bracket Challenge

2007 Australian Open GS Challenge--new format!

(1/69) > >>

Babblelot:
This year's format will be much more simple.

I'll select interesting matches each round from both the men's and women's draw (the vast majority of the matches, however, will come from the men's draw). The Main Draw is out! Note: play begins Sunday, January 14 as far as we are concerned. Everyone on board? It has to do with those time zone thingys    ;-()  Get your picks in on time.[/color]

How to win: the person with the most winners picked, men and women combined, wins.

What doesn't qualify as an interesting match, you ask?
Example: Roger Federer v. LL

I set up the engine
Matches by Round[/u][/color]
1R 10 matches
2R 10
3R 10
4R 8
QF 5
SF 3
F 2
Perfect Score: 48

Throw your hat in the ring now.

Babblelot
Dallas
pawan
Scott
sykotique
SS06
thejackal
blackgirl
Gatorbait
kickserve
Marty-Dom
blisteringboom
tennisfan78
NJtennis
retro
Charlie[/size]

Gatorbait = OSUBuckeye (...Snap! Oh no I d'in't!)  :laugh-bounce:

Rule Regarding Withdrawals and Walkovers[/color][/u][/size]
Only pairings of the selected matches will be scored. If one of the players withdraws, then the match will not be scored. No one will have an advantage as this will affect us all equally.

Tie-breakers[/color][/u][/size]
1. most winners picked in finals
2. most winners picked in semis
3. most winners picked in quarters
etc..

Dallas:
OK, I'm in with this new format.  I never really took time to understand the previous format so I never played!  But count me in!

pawan89:
who's LL ? But I like this format too. I think you should pretty much eliminate all Federer matchups :) except maybe, just maybe, if he plays against Nadal which he most likely wouldnt be this tournament

Tennis4you:
I think LL is "lucky loser".  Count me in as well.  I plan on taking home the big trophy this year!!!

sykotique:
I suppose I could try...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version