Instructional Tennis > Tennis Journals

Pawan's Tennis Journal

(1/94) > >>

pawan89:
Hellllo people.
So to celebrate my 18th birthday (well it was yesterday, 50 minutes + ago ) I decided to start this journal. I really appreciate T4U and everyone for creating and maintaining such a wonderful place and for this idea.
I know I wont be playing for at least next two three weeks so I'll start posting here regularly once I start playing regularly. Just wanted a special date to start it so I have some time period to judge myself by.
I suppose I will do the typical tennis profile to start off my journal.

Name: Pawan
Age : 18  :))  ;)  :H  :applause:  :insane:  :rasta:  :yahoo:
Current Res: New Jersey
Height: 5'10
Weight: 145 lbs
Playing Hand: Right

First played tennis: March 2003
Playing style: Yet to be determined. Like to think of myself as an all court player with a strong baseline game and the ability to mix it up.
Forehand: went from two handed to one hand, right hand.
Backhand: went from two handed in the beginning to one.

Skill on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being horrible and 10 being where I want to be by the end of this summer, i.e the best that I think I can achieve in a decent time frame. So its pretty relative. Just shows how I would analyze my game.
Forehand: 8
Backhand: 3
Volleys: 5
Half Volleys: Yes this deserves a special place because I love this kinda stuff best. uhh.. 7
Serve: Ranges from 4-8
Speed 7:
Fitness: Don't ask. probably -10 now.
Mental game: how can one rank one's own mental game? like the ability to hold serve on breaks.. or play good points when you are down and convert breaks when received - tie breaks.. like that right? I would say 6.5

What else remains?

Racquet: Wilson something, strung at 62 for three years .. I have two of these and love them to death. And a Wilson nVision strung at 63.

Thats about all there is to it now.
Bye folks.

OSU Buckeye:
Excellent.....hit us with the updates as they come!  Good luck!

Tennis4you:
Not play for 2-3 weeks eh?  That is brutal.  I am sure you will be happy to get back to the court.  I am itching and i haven't played for 2 days...

pawan89:
I'm going to hit with a friend Thursday eve in the indoor courts at my college - last time I played here I felt the courts were too long so I stuck to playing outdoors even through the winter. But I also broke my only remaining racquet strings that day and had to play with one borrowed from the people so.. I'll give the courts another shot. Also these courts are blue so its amazing.. first time I have played on courts that aren't all green or red/green. you know I read somewhere that green and blue hardcourts play faster than the red/green and all red courts. I think that's odd but I guess after having read that I found the all green courts and the blue courts slightly faster.. most likely its all mental.

OSU Buckeye:

--- Quote from: "pawan89" ---I'm going to hit with a friend Thursday eve in the indoor courts at my college - last time I played here I felt the courts were too long so I stuck to playing outdoors even through the winter. But I also broke my only remaining racquet strings that day and had to play with one borrowed from the people so.. I'll give the courts another shot. Also these courts are blue so its amazing.. first time I have played on courts that aren't all green or red/green. you know I read somewhere that green and blue hardcourts play faster than the red/green and all red courts. I think that's odd but I guess after having read that I found the all green courts and the blue courts slightly faster.. most likely its all mental.
--- End quote ---

I wouldn't think color matters at all in terms of how fast the courts play.   More likely, is how recent were they resurfaced and what kind of materials were used.    In our area, the indoor courts at the different clubs all play slightly different than each other, and all play faster than the local outdoor courts.   We just try to adjust our game slightly depending on whether we are indoor or out.   It is kind of like the pros with their grass season and outdoor hard-court season.  They must certainly change their game slightly depending on the surface!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version