Author Topic: Pawan's Tennis Journal  (Read 62352 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Pawan's Tennis Journal
« Reply #340 on: January 12, 2008, 07:52:19 PM »
lol.  I would have told him to call the police and that he would need to find the balls with your DNA on them to prove it. 

I have hit balls out of the courts all the time.  It is fun...
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #341 on: January 12, 2008, 08:36:56 PM »
yeah i was about to say something sarcastic like that but luckily pawan said sorry b4 i could (he was a big man...  :rofl_2:). i seriously still cannot believe he flipped over this. he was telling us stuff like "i want to teach my kids right. you guys obviously weren't taught right". I think his daughters were effected worse by his yelling at random people than with us hitting a couple dead balls into the woods. i actually feel bad for his daughters. if he gets so mad about osmething so stupid, imagine what they must go through at home...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 08:40:51 PM by mdshahid20 »

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #342 on: January 13, 2008, 10:41:38 AM »
yeah i was about to say something sarcastic like that but luckily pawan said sorry b4 i could (he was a big man...  :rofl_2:). i seriously still cannot believe he flipped over this. he was telling us stuff like "i want to teach my kids right. you guys obviously weren't taught right". I think his daughters were effected worse by his yelling at random people than with us hitting a couple dead balls into the woods. i actually feel bad for his daughters. if he gets so mad about osmething so stupid, imagine what they must go through at home...

To be honest, I don't really like litterbugs. I don't like it when people throw trash out of their cars, or just drop trash on the ground. It's rude, and creates an ugly mess over time. We've come a long way since the 70's where in most cities, everywhere you looked trash was just drifting like tumbleweeds down the streets.
Pounding tennis balls over the fence is littering, that's why I feel bad that I've done it in the past, and don't do it anymore. It's not what the guy did, it's the way he went about it that bugs me. For some reason knocking a tennis ball out of the courts isn't the same as dropping a wrapper on the sidewalk. It's really not a big deal. ..-)

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #343 on: February 03, 2008, 05:24:45 PM »
I hit with mdshahid yesterday. Still sore today. But my cousin's over for the weekend and he brought his racquet. I wasn't planning on playing today but went out and hit for almost 2 hours with my cousin. I mentioned him earlier in my journal. It was a lot more physical and harder/faster hitting than what I am used to. That's really good for my backhand, somehow my backahand's best when its instantaneous slash rushed, I find perfect form and swing. Its when its slow and think a lot and have to create my own pace that it breaks down. I also found I was hitting so so much deeper when the pace of the game is high, almost too deep to the point of hitting 1/3 deep shots out. We warmed up, played a set, I lost 5-7 and then I hit with my brother for a while and then we hit around for a long time. I really like hitting around, I think I should do that more, a lot more, it really develops the game, that's where the game grows.
now I am really sore still, my shoulders, my thighs but I loved being able to play 2 days in a row :yahoo:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #344 on: February 04, 2008, 12:33:00 PM »
This was outside right?   Lucky you got acceptable weather!   :)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #345 on: February 04, 2008, 04:54:44 PM »
I hit with mdshahid yesterday. Still sore today. But my cousin's over for the weekend and he brought his racquet. I wasn't planning on playing today but went out and hit for almost 2 hours with my cousin. I mentioned him earlier in my journal. It was a lot more physical and harder/faster hitting than what I am used to. That's really good for my backhand, somehow my backahand's best when its instantaneous slash rushed, I find perfect form and swing. Its when its slow and think a lot and have to create my own pace that it breaks down. I also found I was hitting so so much deeper when the pace of the game is high, almost too deep to the point of hitting 1/3 deep shots out. We warmed up, played a set, I lost 5-7 and then I hit with my brother for a while and then we hit around for a long time. I really like hitting around, I think I should do that more, a lot more, it really develops the game, that's where the game grows.
now I am really sore still, my shoulders, my thighs but I loved being able to play 2 days in a row :yahoo:

2 days in a row, how I would love that right now!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #346 on: February 04, 2008, 06:24:50 PM »

2 days in a row, how I would love that right now!

Spring/Summer is right around the corner yo!   :)

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #347 on: February 04, 2008, 09:12:33 PM »
even better. global warming is right around the corner :rofl_2:

It's pretty crazy slash bad actually. I mean, I am sure going back decades and decades from two years ago we have always had AT LEAST 2 feet of snow per winter, and every three/four years we get hit with more than a foot of snow in a single shower and plenty of those. Like there's always snow on the ground all through december, january, february and early march. And now... 50s and 60s. Its not even like mid 30s or low 40s, its straight up spring weather .. we even hit 70+ in the first week of 2008, right when its supposed to be peak winter. It's sad.
We have had a lot of rain past week but that's about it.

I think I hurt my knee somehow end of saturday or early sunday. It's luckily not bad, I limped a little today but more out of choice to avoid pressure, I can still go out and play tennis :))

Agassi's quote, too long for my signature, just happened upon it:  :// ://

"The scoreboard said I lost today, but what the scoreboard doesn’t say is what it is I have found. And over the last 21 years, I have found loyalty. You have pulled for me on court and also in life. I’ve found inspiration. You have willed me to succeed sometimes even in my lowest moments. And I’ve found generosity. You have given me your shoulders to stand on to reach for my dreams, dreams I could never have reached without you. Over the last 21 years, I have found you and I will take you and the memory OF you with me for the rest of my life. Thank you."
Legend.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 05:11:33 PM by pawan89 »

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #348 on: February 05, 2008, 07:13:12 PM »
A truly awesome quote Dr. P!    Maybe you could just use part of it as a sig like this part. 

over the last 21 years, I have found loyalty. You have pulled for me on court and also in life. I’ve found inspiration.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #349 on: February 17, 2008, 04:47:46 PM »
A truly awesome quote Dr. P!    Maybe you could just use part of it as a sig like this part. 

over the last 21 years, I have found loyalty. You have pulled for me on court and also in life. I’ve found inspiration.

no, that'd lose all its effect. I'll leave it in my journal.

So me and mdshahid got to hit today. i thought it was beautiful weather. around 40 degrees was the high I think but it was a little to breezy for the game. still great weather. supposed to be 60s tommorrow. yeah.  so much for winter.

we warmed up, hit around for a while, played a set, halfway through another set, then hit around for some more time. I liked the warmup and practice and was playing decently by the time the set actually started and even fired up some good serves 3rd service game in.
I won 7-5, second set 4-1 when we decided to just hit. I really really liked today's game though, especially in that set. I think mdshahid played the kinda tennis that I think is the best and the kinda tennis I try to play ( don't really know to what extent I am successful) and I think if he could have just stepped it up one notch overall he could have beaten me. I was really impressed, that's the kinda game that I think is really effective and efficient and really tests your tennis, all aspects of the game. We actually got to hit plenty of forehands backhands and we had quite a few really good rallies. And at the same time there was no shortage of volleys and passing shots. So it was solid all court tennis, very good serving and good returning all around. A very good first set all around. 

I know this is winter and I never expected myself to play even as much as I have been and all, so its but natural that I don't take tennis as seriously now. But I realize that if I can improve my stamina/fitness even a little bit, it's going to make drastic improvements on my game. I need to get a little quicker overall and I can do that, just not for long which is why I think a little stamina is enough to push my game to a new level. This is something to really focus on this summer.

--------------------------
Reflections

Looking back over the years, I am really happy and proud of my tennis and what is becoming of it. It seems like finally all my "hard work" (not that something you enjoy as much is ever hard work) and hours and hours on court are paying dividends. To be able to pick up a racquet after long gaps, and in a few hours be up to a level where I can play a clean game is itself I think a big accomplishment. And I have realized that slowly and steadily I have become more than even that. I am able to think clearly, think about the big picture during matches, work my way into matches, work my game back into good shape.. am able to.. my whole game comes together more naturally and effortlessly than I could have imagined. I can think of my game so clearly and use almost every aspect of it now almost at will and let my game do the talking and catching up to my expectations.
I think my backhand made the difference. I have always had a good serve, forehand and everything. But since my backhand has started to click more often and I can rely on it and trust it more and more (and the more I do that, the sweeter the shots are) I have gained confidence in my whole game. I can actually go on court and focus directly on things like varying pace and depth, placing my serves with different spins, deciding when to attack and when to play safe.. things that I used to never think about unless my game was fully on. Now I can do this and expect my mechanics and movement to click the right way and do things for me .. and its just so cool that I made this unconscious transition to a higher state. My tennis still might be the same but mentally and confidence wise is where it flows so much smoother and neatly.

And it goes without saying and yet I have to add that T4U has been a big part of this through and through. Keeping me in touch with tennis even when I am not playing, all the talk about tennis and the game itself keeps me motivated, so that even if I have not played for weeks, I still feel in touch. And for everyone who has explained things to me and tought me so many things, listening to me whatever I have to say and offering advice .. and just making tennis enjoyable for me instead of something i have to just get better at and win.. what can I say? thank you.

happy :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 04:53:37 PM by pawan89 »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #350 on: February 17, 2008, 10:20:04 PM »
Yo, you've discovered the secret to this wonderful game!  ://
It can be oh so much more than improving, competing, and winning (although those aspects have merit as well!) :))
And it sounds like you've discovered this at a relatively young age to boot!  It took me a good 25+ years to struggle through the hyper-competitive phase. :Confused:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #351 on: February 18, 2008, 04:46:04 PM »
Dr. P, that was the longest post in T4U history..............but it was a good one! 

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #352 on: February 18, 2008, 06:08:42 PM »
Dr. P, that was the longest post in T4U history..............but it was a good one! 

nowhere close to the longest. i myself have written plenty of longer posts.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #353 on: February 22, 2008, 12:36:01 PM »
mine :))

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #354 on: February 22, 2008, 12:38:12 PM »
sweet- what are they strung with again?

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #355 on: February 22, 2008, 12:44:23 PM »
not going to school today?

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #356 on: February 22, 2008, 12:47:19 PM »
sweet- what are they strung with again?

Both 4 3/8 grips (so one overgrip should be enough  :rofl_2:) strung with luxilion big banger at 58lbs. the racquets to do show normal wear on bumpers with light scuffs along frame, a few small paint chips, the grips are perfect almost. If i had to rate these on a scale of 10 I'd rate them at 8, with my racquets right now at 6.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #357 on: February 22, 2008, 12:48:26 PM »
not going to school today?

yeah just stayed home. I think classes might have been cancelled I think it snowed more over by new brunswick. I am assuming you had a day off too?

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #358 on: February 22, 2008, 01:19:03 PM »
yup but my english teacher sent us homework that we had to send by 230 (it was the work we were going to do in class) so I still sort of had 1 period of school anyway.

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #359 on: February 22, 2008, 01:21:05 PM »
the thing about the luxillon strings are- they last forever but they're dead strings. it would have been sweet if it was luxillon with some other type of string