Author Topic: Pawan's Tennis Journal  (Read 61937 times)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Re: Pawan's Tennis Journal
« Reply #460 on: July 09, 2009, 09:41:32 PM »
Not much mention of the dubs action?   How are MD and NJ doing? 

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #461 on: March 20, 2012, 09:49:03 PM »
Wow. Haven't written here in forever. I'm going to try to update y'all with what's going on and hopefully don't bore you!

So I haven't played tennis in the longest time. The weather, lack of playing partners and not being involved in club/team makes it pretty hard, not to mention I travel for work and have been anywhere from Dallas to NC to Long Island to (currently) Buffalo over the last year. So I have picked up a new sport that will hopefully complement my tennis some day when I get a chance to get back to playing tennis. And that is running. I've been running since November, started off with 1-2 miles a day and am currently running 5-7 miles a day upto 30-35 miles per week. I have signed up for races along the way and am excited to be involved in something that motivates and pushes me forward. I have a 5k (3.1 mile) race in April and also an 8k (5 mile) race in April, I'm shooting for 21 (7 min pace) minute finish in the 5k and 37:30 finish (7:30 pace) in the 8k. I'm pretty excited.

Also since Novemeber I have decided to take my health and fitness into my hands. Been on a diet and slowly building back to "normal" caloric intake. I am using this AMAZING smart-phone app to track everything that goes into my mouth and I have been might impressed. Want some stats?

November 7th 2011: 22yo, 5'9, 175lbs
Feb 14th 2012: 23yo, 5'9, 150lbs
March 20th 2012: 23yo, 5'9 145lbs.

My goal weight was 140 but in all honesty, <150 is a great place for me to be, no need to go lower than that. So I have shed a few lbs and am fitter, healthier and stronger than I've been in a long time. I am very health conscious and have been approaching this with a life-style change approach - big props to Monster here whose words ring in my ears everyday! Running has been my primary workout but I have been trying to get in a proper workout 6-7 days a week consistently. If you are FB friends with me you can probably see some of my older pics and my newer pics. I plan to actually change my profile pic this summer to mark my accomplishment.

My goal is to have a 6 pack visible by the time summer gets around. We'll see how far that happens. I want to incorporate a lot more resistance training and weight lifting to build some muscle but I am not a fan of lifting weights and haven't been able to religiously add in some form of weight training for a while.

Lastly, I cannot thank Scott and everyone on here enough for making this such an amazing place to hangout. I have been here now.. 6 years? I lose track, but I am here and I enjoy every minute of it. And a lot of you folks here are so knowledgeable and I am very much in tune with tennis at least as a fan for now and love being here! Here's looking forward to a 2012 with some more tennis updates.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #462 on: March 20, 2012, 10:00:14 PM »
Running eh?  That is indeed good, that should help you a lot yo!  I hope you can find some tennis in your near future though, if it was me I would fight tooth and nail to find tennis.  It would be my ultimate goal.  :)

And has it been 6 years?  Time flies when you are having fun!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #463 on: March 21, 2012, 05:46:22 AM »
Wow!!!
That is remarkable Professor!!!
Nice to hear you've found an activity that you enjoy and that fits your lifestyle. ://
CONK da ball!!!

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #464 on: March 21, 2012, 03:38:40 PM »
Nice write-up Pawan.  6 years? Wow that's huge!

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #465 on: March 21, 2012, 07:51:17 PM »
Nice write-up Pawan.  6 years? Wow that's huge!

Woah, Falcon you are here in the journals!! What a pleasent surprise. Yeah I know it's been a while. I remember end of 2005 was when I started watching tennis and was doing everything I could to get my hands on a few videos - mainly to learn from. And I found the ESPN forums and then who should show up there but Scott, advertising this place and the videos section here was awesome and the people even awesomer and I was hooked! Time flies when you're having fun na?

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #466 on: March 21, 2012, 10:26:05 PM »
I do read stuff  ;-()

I've been here for more than 3 years now. I have always been posting on and off, but I do hope to stay around. It all depends on how exciting tennis is for me.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #467 on: April 22, 2012, 12:14:28 PM »
2 Weekends, 2 PRs: 5k @ 21:52, 8k @ 36:49. Fairly satisfied.

Wonder what a realistic expectation would be for Big-Chill 2012 5k in December. That's like the big race that I'm building towards, it'll mark 1 year of serious training and racing.