Author Topic: What are Roger's chances of winning the French Open in 2005?  (Read 4157 times)

Offline ACE

• Tennis Player
What are Roger's chances of winning the French Open in 2005?
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2005, 07:27:58 PM »
Greyhaven and cakes,

BitterBlueBong did say this;
I kinda hope he doesn't. Maybe then I can hear Patrick McEnroe commentate for the rest of the year without him having Federer's nuts in his mouth.

That is a fact. Regardless of who I am and what I am.
I did not disrupt this board as Holly or as ACE.

You two don't recognize the hypocrisy that so blatantly exists in the management here.

Greyhaven,
I  did "chat with and play well with others", as you require.
I have acted "congenially", (as you used it), on this board.
I did make "a lot of good insights into tennis", as you mentioned.

Yes, what you all say about my conduct on Rac-Yak is true.
But, that is not the way I have conducted myself on this board.
Don't be "sorry" for me....be sorry that you don't smell the hypocrisy by the administrator and moderator of this board. Could it be that you are still dissed at my bad conduct on Rac-Yak?

Scott has put up the rules....does not enforce the rules....closes and opens threads to suit himself....and plays here as though it's his own little "kingdom" of a playground.

I welcomed all of Rac-Yak members as they arrived and have started topics praising Scott.
See:Subject: Kudos to Scott..aka Tennis4you Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:47 pm

Quote from: "ACE"
:applause:
Scott has been the leader here in more ways than you can count. :thumbs-up:
Of the 15 pages of topics, with 25 to a page....he has 375 topics displayed in the Tennis Discussions Forum.:worthy:  

Of those 15 pages, Scott has averaged 12.2 New Topics started. :H
That amounts to 183 Tennis4you topics in that forum. :king:
That makes him "KING" of the "Topic Starters". :winner:

I figure that to be 48.8% of all the topics on those 15 pages. :)

That's got to be the hardest, workingest Administrator ever!  ://

Cakes,
I know I have dissed you on Rac-Yak as well. But, I have been OK here. Can't you let bygones be bygones? You know, bury the hatchet...forgive and forget?

Well, that's an appeal to your better judgement ladies, and anyone else that I may have dissed. I hope you will accept it as a heartfelt apology, because I am truly sorry for my conduct in the past. Believe me, that is what I feel.
I'm not going to take any crap
 ....No more "nice guy".

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2005, 07:57:42 PM »
I did indeed close one thread since you posted a poll asking who the worst admin and moderator were for tennis forums.  And since my name and BBBs name was the only one listed I felt it inappropriate and a personal attack.  I also locked a thread that was a personal attack.

In 25 messages you posted here 2 were about tennis.  I highly suggest you start to sway those numbers the other way.

I also highly suggest you allow me to decide what is acceptable on this board.  A comment made by BBB was meant to be funny yet serious.  I found it humorous.  

And as far as this being my personal playground, you better bet you butt it is.  I made the forum, I customized the forum and I run the forum.  I come here to have fun and to chat with others, and to help others play better tennis.  I like it here and I love the people we have here and their insights.  I am sure you have some great insights too, I would love to hear them.  This is the last time I will discuss any of this with you.

Get it in check, you are not far from being #3.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Greyhaven

• Tennis Player
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2005, 12:04:45 AM »
ACE:

I am in no way "dissed," as you put it. Without second (and third and fourth...) chances what would life be? No one can be expected to learn unless s/he makes mistakes.  I also feel that grudges are a waste of time and life spirit.

My expressed opinions were not at all meant to injure you; they were just observations made from my experience base. I DO feel great pity for people who act from the pain in their lives. However, I have no personal knowledge that this applies to you. If it doesn't, don't take it personally.

I enjoy the majority of your comments--I simply don't enjoy reading abusive retorts (and I'm not saying that you made any; I don't know about that matter, but it seems someone else thought you did). Additionally, I don't care how MANY posts anyone makes (is it a contest? I think not.).

I observe that you have "owned" prior "misbehaving," as you put it on the Rak-Yak bbs. I applaud that; it's a hard thing to admit. I will own that my complaint (the only one I ever made there) about your comment to another poster was quite possibly integral in the board's shutdown. (I also think that Mat was probably thinking about it for a while before the incident because of his plans for a new board, and he thought it a good opportunity.)

I hope that you are NOT "up to your old tricks" because I think you have some good things to say.

PAX
The world only spins forward

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2005, 12:17:01 PM »
I like these forums so far, of course I am fairly new here.    I feel like I have been able to express myself freely and openly unlike some other forums where it is a huge communism and you get harassed for having an opinion of your own or other than the desired "conformed" opinion.    For example a figure skating thread were you are ranted and berated for not kissing Michelle Kwan's derrieure every half second, or for actually daring to believe the Sale/Pelletier scandal in Salt Lake was a zouped-up American marketing scheme.

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2005, 12:31:43 PM »
I feel like I have been able to express myself freely and openly unlike some other forums where it is a huge communism and you get harassed for having an opinion of your own or other than the desired "conformed" opinion.

://

I've been to some boards where admins are almost ban-happy. I think everyone here can have civil disagreements and still respect one another's opinions.

Offline cakes

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2005, 02:18:22 PM »
ACE:

I want to let you (and your other posting names) know that your vicious attacks on me in RY were the reasons I hardly posted on the old BBS the past 6 months.  BUT, I am willing to let all that die and start fresh on this new board.  Talking tennis is basically our reason to be here.

It was very generous of Scott to invite everyone here and nice of Mat to suggest it.  PLEASE keep in mind that it IS Scott's site and he can do whatever he pleases.  

cakes

://