Author Topic: WTA Paris  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
WTA Paris
« on: February 07, 2005, 03:13:58 PM »
Don't know how many of you are interested in this Tier 2 event this week but it could be an absolute cracker. With Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams due to meet in the semi final, Maria will want revenge and whoever wins this match will go ahead in the WTA rankings. Then throw Mauresmo into the equation who is also challenging for the World number 2 position this week.

Great week this could be 3 players all challenging for 1 spot as the world number 2 behind Davenport.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Hoytie

• Tennis God
  • My British Blue Shorthair, Joshua, a Tennis Fan.
WTA Paris
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 03:15:13 PM »
I'm keeping tabs on this tournament.  It has always been an interesting one.  I would love A. Mauresmo to win, especially in her home country.  But we all know about her falling apart under pressure.  I just wish she would conquer this but I would imagine it is very hard, even with a sports psychologist.

Offline trente-quinze

• Tennis Enthusiast
WTA Paris
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 05:19:07 PM »
I'm not planning to go this year but have been a few times in the past.
 It's a neat tournament, quite low-key compared to the big ATP Paris masters-series.
The Mauresmo fan-club is always there in full force :yahoo: cheering her up as well as other players, that's something really special about this tournament.

Amélie is playing Mary Pierce first, that should make for an interesting and fun match.

I do expect the winner to be either Serena or Maria.

http://www.opengazdefrance.com

Quote from: "Hoytie"
I'm keeping tabs on this tournament.  It has always been an interesting one.  I would love A. Mauresmo to win, especially in her home country.  But we all know about her falling apart under pressure.  I just wish she would conquer this but I would imagine it is very hard, even with a sports psychologist.

At least she has already won this tournament.

As for her French Open complex, the news today it that she will be preparing the tournament (and other big events) with the help of Yannick Noah. That sounds cool although it may only bring even more media focus/pressure on her, considering how big a star Noah is here. :rasta:
the froggy chick formerly known as arnod

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
WTA Paris
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 07:45:59 PM »
I actually wonder how Noah will help her.  I am pretty much thinking she is unhelpable.  But I guess that is more of a gut feel than anything else, I know very little about her.  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline trente-quinze

• Tennis Enthusiast
WTA Paris
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 05:57:22 AM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
I actually wonder how Noah will help her.  I am pretty much thinking she is unhelpable.  But I guess that is more of a gut feel than anything else, I know very little about her.  :)

Unhelpable, that's a good word, I like it!

I think if she still wants to improve then she needs any help she can be it from a physical point of view, mental point of view or technical point of view.

However, at the end of the day you're alone on the court against your opponent and it's all up to you.:Boxing:
Which is one of the reasons tennis is such a great sport IMHO. :winner:

Offline trente-quinze

• Tennis Enthusiast
Maria has pulled out
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 08:16:56 AM »
No more chance for a Maria/Serena revenge this week.  :-o

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
WTA Paris
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 08:18:26 AM »
who lost?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
WTA Paris
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 08:18:50 AM »
yeah maria will get her revenge for what happened in Australia

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline trente-quinze

• Tennis Enthusiast
WTA Paris
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 03:52:33 PM »
Actually Maria had to pull out.

I wrote it in the post subject but obviously it is not particularly visible. Newbie mistake, sorry! ||-|

Offline shtexas

• Tennis Enthusiast
WTA Paris
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 11:09:22 PM »
I am sort of glad she pulled out. It is bad for the Paris event, but she was playing too much. She made it almost to the end of the Australian Open and went directly to Tokyo and ended up winning the final in a third set tiebreak. I thought it was poor scheduling for her to be in Paris this week since she is no longer a player that loses early in these events.  She is next scheduled the week of February 21 in Doha.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
WTA Paris
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 01:09:31 AM »
THE 2 WEEK REST BEFORE DOHA WILL DO HER THE WORLD OF GOOD SO SHE CAN BE AT HER BEST IN 2 WEEKS TIME AND THEN FOR THE BIG TOURNAMENTS AT INDIAN WELLS AND MIAMI.

Offline Betsmoyo

• Tennis Addict
WTA Paris
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005, 03:19:35 PM »
Tatiana will play Dinara. Who do you all want im not sure. I like both and both are young. I think im going with Dinara because she needs the title more.
Its all good...

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
WTA Paris
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 03:41:41 PM »
i hav to say i am hoping tatiana can pull this one off and then win the final.

Offline trente-quinze

• Tennis Enthusiast
WTA Paris
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 05:05:31 PM »
That's 2 Russia vs France semi-finals tomorrow.

I guess for the French crowd, an Amélie vs Tatiana final would be perfect, our #1 vs our great rookie.

However, I'm pleased to see Dinara doing well, especially after her brother told her in Australia she was going to miss the train of success.
And I quite like Nadia Petrova after seeing her playing in person at the French Open a couple of times. Besides, she's been a bit in the shadow of her  numerous famous compatriots lately.