Author Topic: Bundey ~ Tennis Journal  (Read 31083 times)

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
  • Formerly known as "#1federerfan"
Bundey ~ Tennis Journal
« on: February 20, 2007, 05:43:07 PM »
Basic Info

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 110lbs

Hand: Right

backhand: two-handed

strength: baseliner

current weakness: foot work, volleys, conditioning

level: 3.5-4.0

favorite stroke: forehand

style: aggressive baseliner

Edit: Changed my height and weight  :king:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 09:05:59 PM by Bundey »

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
#1federerfan ~ Tennis Journal
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 05:46:05 PM »
Today was our first tryout for tennis, and of course I was rusty.  My serves did very well, but my favorite shot, the forehand was pathetic.  I normally can put topspin on it easily, but today my shots all went long.  Any advice?  

BTW: I want lots of comments on my journal, I don't want a ghost town.  ;)

Edit: it was a tryout, not practice

Offline ERHS

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 07:34:06 PM »
You're a girl?

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 09:02:11 AM »
Quote from: "#1federerfan"
Today was our first practice for tennis, and of course I was rusty.  My serves did very well, but my favorite shot, the forehand was pathetic.  I normally can put topspin on it easily, but today my shots all went long.  Any advice?  

BTW: I want lots of comments on my journal, I don't want a ghost town.  ;)

Are you on a school team or what???

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 12:58:19 PM »
Quote from: "ERHS"
You're a girl?

nope, just a small guy...  ||-| but surprisingly I'm not the smallest guy on the team.  Well, after the first tryout I played much better. My serve has been great lately but I want to put more spin on it.  My forehand was much improved and I felt I could do anything with it.

Yes, im on a school team.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 01:01:49 PM »
You said it was try-outs.  Where do you think you will land on the team?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 01:08:59 PM »
I'm only a freshmen, but I think im by far the best freshmen in the school.  I'd say around 8th.  Next year I'll be in the top 6 for sure.

BTW, there isn't a Junior Varsity team, just Varsity, so it is hard for me to compete with guys who are 6'6" or even 6 feet. Although I have experience with tall players (my dad is 6'4)  :;:-| But I think as far as skills go I'm just as good as some of them.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 02:07:18 PM »
I'm only a freshmen, but I think im by far the best freshmen in the school.  I'd say around 8th.  Next year I'll be in the top 6 for sure.

BTW, there isn't a Junior Varsity team, just Varsity, so it is hard for me to compete with guys who are 6'6" or even 6 feet. Although I have experience with tall players (my dad is 6'4)  :;:-| But I think as far as skills go I'm just as good as some of them.

I am 5'-4" tall, do not think you cannot produce tennis as good as the tall guys.  I am probably the shortest guy in my league and I am winning the majority of my matches.  At 5'-3" (and you are still growing) you can still produce some mean tennis.  You have your advantages and disadvantages, but so do the tall guys.
Scott Baker

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 06:10:24 PM »
Ok, thanks for the encouragement.  But what I meant by that was that most of them are faster, stronger, and quicker than me.  I know that I can still compete despite being short.  In fact the best player on the team is no more that 5'6"

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 09:18:16 PM »
Fastness Quickness and Strength are something you can work on and if you are dedicated, beat those big dudes in this area by the end of the season. In fact, if you are like top8 the way you are.. if you can double your quickness and strength you will be top5 easily I am sure.
You're a freshman, biggest thing you can do is learn this year. I miss highschool tennis a lot -- its a lot of fun. enjoy to the max capacity and learn a lot from your teammates. keep us informed on how you play. Good luck

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 06:48:00 PM »
Quote from: "pawan89"
Fastness Quickness and Strength are something you can work on and if you are dedicated, beat those big dudes in this area by the end of the season. In fact, if you are like top8 the way you are.. if you can double your quickness and strength you will be top5 easily I am sure.
You're a freshman, biggest thing you can do is learn this year. I miss highschool tennis a lot -- its a lot of fun. enjoy to the max capacity and learn a lot from your teammates. keep us informed on how you play. Good luck

Are you in College or something???   Cause, if you miss HS tennis, you could try USTA league tennis which is very similar.....at least in the team competition sense!

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 05:08:13 PM »
Today during tennis we started playing our first matches against everyone.  (Before the real practices start everyone has to play everyone and record the score so that the coach can make a decision on who to cut.)  Well any way I played another freshman today who I should have crushed.  He had no game, but I stunk.  I still beat him 8-3 (we play a super set) but my serve was extremely bad during the beginning, and he broke me 2 times.  My groundstrokes were pretty good but overall it was a frustrating day.  Oh well a win is a win, and I'll take them any way I can get them.  I hope I do better tomorrow.  Tomorrow I play another freshmen who I think is pretty close to my level.  (I would consider him the second best freshmen, me being the first.)  If I play against him like I did the guy today I think I will get beat though.  Wish me luck!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 05:13:14 PM »
Today during tennis we started playing our first matches against everyone.  (Before the real practices start everyone has to play everyone and record the score so that the coach can make a decision on who to cut.)  Well any way I played another freshman today who I should have crushed.  He had no game, but I stunk.  I still beat him 8-3 (we play a super set) but my serve was extremely bad during the beginning, and he broke me 2 times.  My groundstrokes were pretty good but overall it was a frustrating day.  Oh well a win is a win, and I'll take them any way I can get them.  I hope I do better tomorrow.  Tomorrow I play another freshmen who I think is pretty close to my level.  (I would consider him the second best freshmen, me being the first.)  If I play against him like I did the guy today I think I will get beat though.  Wish me luck!

Good luck!  Eyes on the rock!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 05:28:48 PM »
Quote from: "OSU Buckeye"

Good luck!  Eyes on the rock!

Good luck yo.  

Regardless of how good or bad you think someone is, even if you have beaten them 100 times in a row, never take them for granted.  Anyone can play great on a given day and anyone can play bad.  Just go out focused.  Regardless of who I am playing, I assume anyone can beat me if I do not play good tennis.  If you under-estimate someone and they catch fire or a lead, or maybe a few good breaks it makes it all the more frustrating and hard to come back.  

This guy tomorrow, 2nd best or not, he wants to be the best freshman which puts the target on your head.  Go out, play focused and see what ya got!  Hopefully it will be a big fat win...
Scott Baker

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 04:22:37 PM »
There was a change of plans, so I didn't get to play the other freshman today.  Instead I played a senior, who is probably about the 4th player.  I lost, but I held my own.  I was extremely pleased with my play today.  Whenever I had a put away I capitalized.  My serve was much improved, and had him rattled for a bit.  I think as far as groundstrokes go I was just as good as him.  But in the end his serve was just to much to handle.  I could only break it once, but there is no shame in that.  He has the best, or atleast fastest serve on the team.  He could definitly get it in the 100s.  I think I shocked him a bit with how I played, and I proved myself to the team.  The final score was 4-8.

Offline ERHS

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 07:02:11 PM »
Get out and whoop his ass next time.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 07:09:59 PM »
Hell yeah!!!

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 04:05:37 PM »
Today I played the guy who I was talking about earlier.  (that one other good freshman.)  Anyway I played pretty well today, and beat him easily.  My groundies were good and so was my serve.  The weakest part of his game was his serve, so I took advantage of that and hit some winners on him.  He isn't as good as I thought he was going to be.  The final score was 8-2!  Yay I'm the undisputed best freshman in the school!!!  :winner:  :king:  :Boxing:  :)>>>>

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 04:07:22 PM »
Today I played the guy who I was talking about earlier.  (that one other good freshman.)  Anyway I played pretty well today, and beat him easily.  My groundies were good and so was my serve.  The weakest part of his game was his serve, so I took advantage of that and hit some winners on him.  He isn't as good as I thought he was going to be.  The final score was 8-2!  Yay I'm the undisputed best freshman in the school!!!  :winner:  :king:  :Boxing:  :)>>>>

Good job!  Congrats mate!   :)

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 04:10:24 PM »
THANKS!!!  :))  Yeah, but I'm kinda missing my old friend who I used to play a lot with  :crying: .  He would have been a freshman this year, but he moved to Canada.  He was extremely close to my level, and we pretty much split the number of matches we played.  It would be an interesting match if we both played each other when it really mattered.