Author Topic: Bundey ~ Tennis Journal  (Read 31391 times)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
#1federerfan ~ Tennis Journal
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 04:19:41 PM »
That sucks!  You just have to get a new crew to play with!   I used to play with 1 friend like 3-4 times a week!  Now, he and I have joined many others who play fairly often.    :)

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
  • Formerly known as "#1federerfan"
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 06:44:56 PM »
I had tennis practice today, but it was so dang windy it wasn't hardley fun.  The coach normally would have cancelled, but he wanted to give us our shirts today.  Most people didn't play a match today because of the wind, but I decided to play any way.  The guy I played today was one of the worst and I beat him 8-0.  Uggh, I'm surprised he didn't get a service game off me, because whenever I tossed the ball to serve it would move about two or more feet.  It was so hard to serve.  I hope the weather improves by tomorrow.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 08:50:13 PM »
Quote from: "#1federerfan"
I had tennis practice today, but it was so dang windy it wasn't hardley fun.  The coach normally would have cancelled, but he wanted to give us our shirts today.  Most people didn't play a match today because of the wind, but I decided to play any way.  The guy I played today was one of the worst and I beat him 8-0.  Uggh, I'm surprised he didn't get a service game off me, because whenever I tossed the ball to serve it would move about two or more feet.  It was so hard to serve.  I hope the weather improves by tomorrow.

That sucks... but in FLA where the sun is like...THERE! you sometimes have to deal w/ heavy wind in addition to blinding/burning sun when you toss up. You'll adjust to it eventually though. What # do u have on the team?
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 09:10:10 PM »
The coach hasn't given us our seeds yet.  We have to play everyone on the team first, then based on our records he determines the starters.  I have a shot at being in the top six (starter)  but as a freshman it is extremely rare.  I'll probably end up around 6-8.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 09:29:06 PM »
The coach hasn't given us our seeds yet.  We have to play everyone on the team first, then based on our records he determines the starters.  I have a shot at being in the top six (starter)  but as a freshman it is extremely rare.  I'll probably end up around 6-8.

I keep forgetting that Florida's tennis seasons start earlier than most other states. My ex-team is well into their schedule already.
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2007, 04:02:29 PM »
Ah, it was good to finally get back onto the courts today.  I played a freshman, and beat him 8-0.  I only double faulted twice so I'm pleased.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2007, 06:56:09 PM »
Today I played a junior on the team, and beat him 8-2.  I double faulted about 5 times, which sucked.  My forehand was good, and I hit a lot of winner.  Although I'm not sure if that is because my shots were good, or because my opponent was a slug.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2007, 09:08:06 PM »
whats this going to 8 set? I have never played more than 7 games a set (win set I mean). Thats pretty cool though, you keep beating up on these juniors and you'll be starting regardless of your freshman status.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2007, 09:38:19 PM »
Before we start our actual matches against other schools everyone has to play everyone else on our team.  (We call this the Matrix).  We do this, so the coach will no where to seed us.  Instead of having us play a match a day, where we have to play 2 sets we play a super set.  I assume this is so we won't get too tired.  I have even played in a few tournaments where the consolation matches are just one super set.  I kinda wish we played a whole match though.

Offline ERHS

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2007, 09:08:22 PM »
Before we start our actual matches against other schools everyone has to play everyone else on our team.  (We call this the Matrix).  We do this, so the coach will no where to seed us.  Instead of having us play a match a day, where we have to play 2 sets we play a super set.  I assume this is so we won't get too tired.  I have even played in a few tournaments where the consolation matches are just one super set.  I kinda wish we played a whole match though.

Pro set?

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2007, 01:21:51 PM »
yeah, whatever you want to call it.

So yesterday I played a sophmore who was pretty good.  He beat the senior that I lost to 8-4 earlier in the season.  I think I mentioned that match on the first page.  Any way this kid had a dangerous forehand but his backhand was pretty weak, so I thought I would be able to capitalize on that.  In the first game of the match I had my serve broken, and then I couldn't break his back.  So I was down 0-2.  Then we both held serve, but I was just blowing opportunities, double faulting, and was getting frustrated.  At this point I was down 1-3.  After that I calmed my self down, I took more time on my serve, and went on a tear.  I held to serve in a row, and broke his serve twice so I was up 5-3.  He got pretty frustrated at this point, and broke me back so we were tied at 5-5.  After that I didn't let him win a game and won 8-5 it was a good win overall but I certainly didn't play my best.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2007, 03:51:40 PM »
I played pro sets too but as far as I was told, first to 6 wins, and we tiebreak at 5-5 and no deuces. I guess its an arbitrary thing?

Quote from: "federerfan"
So yesterday I played a sophmore who was pretty good. He beat the senior that I lost to 8-4 earlier in the season. I think I mentioned that match on the first page.

good job you are well on your way to starting on the team :)

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2007, 11:03:10 PM »
We don't play ads, is that what you meant when you said you don't play deuces?

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2007, 06:34:04 PM »
We don't play ads, is that what you meant when you said you don't play deuces?

yeah. 40-40 and then next person to win point wins game.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2007, 02:59:42 PM »
I played another match today, and won 8-4.  I did alright, but not good at all.  My serve sucked, but some of that was because the wind blew my toss everywhere.  The kid I played today beat the only person I have lost to so far 8-3.  I don't know how though because he didn't seem as good.  I think I may rechallange him because I think I can beat him now.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2007, 03:05:06 PM »
I played another match today, and won 8-4.  I did alright, but not good at all.  My serve sucked, but some of that was because the wind blew my toss everywhere.  The kid I played today beat the only person I have lost to so far 8-3.  I don't know how though because he didn't seem as good.  I think I may rechallange him because I think I can beat him now.

Bring it!   :)

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2007, 03:59:35 PM »
I played another Matrix game today against a senior who will be top 6.  I served better that usuall but still lost 5-8.  He was about 6 feet 6 inches, so his first  serve was pretty hard to get back when he got it in, but on his second serve he really did not do anything, he just spun it in.  We were at 5-5, with me serving, but he really stepped up his game.  I was pretty POed after the match.  Oh well.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2007, 08:11:22 PM »
Scott posted these links earlier in one of the threads, I am reposting it here for you .. kick serve.

First place to look's right here on Tennis4You:

http://tennis4you.com/lesson-lounge/tennis4you/serve/4-different-serves.htm

http://tennis.about.com/od/serve/l/aatwistserve.htm

http://www.tennis.com/yourgame/instructionarticles/serve/serve.aspx?id=529

http://www.operationdoubles.com/index.htm?twistcanonballserve.htm

http://www.operationdoubles.com/index.htm?spindoctoringserve.htm

Also don't try this during your season, wait for the summer.. I tried it and it messed up my normal serve for a while also because its not too easy to do and I sorta don't like not finishing what I start so I would keep doing it until I got it, not caring for anything else while I was learning this.
What's your status? break into the top 6 yet?

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2007, 09:15:08 PM »
Quote from: "pawan89"
Scott posted these links earlier in one of the threads, I am reposting it here for you .. kick serve.

First place to look's right here on Tennis4You:

http://tennis4you.com/lesson-lounge/tennis4you/serve/4-different-serves.htm

http://tennis.about.com/od/serve/l/aatwistserve.htm

http://www.tennis.com/yourgame/instructionarticles/serve/serve.aspx?id=529

http://www.operationdoubles.com/index.htm?twistcanonballserve.htm

http://www.operationdoubles.com/index.htm?spindoctoringserve.htm

Also don't try this during your season, wait for the summer.. I tried it and it messed up my normal serve for a while also because its not too easy to do and I sorta don't like not finishing what I start so I would keep doing it until I got it, not caring for anything else while I was learning this.
What's your status? break into the top 6 yet?

Thanks for the links.  As far as top six goes, I could get the 6 spot, but I will more than likely get the dreaded 7 spot.  If I replay the first guy I lost to and beat him I may get the 6th spot.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2007, 03:30:51 PM »
We didn't do any hard practicing today, just kinda goofed off.  So this boy was at the net volleying.  I kinda feel bad for him, because he sucks so bad.  Anyway a slow ball came to me at the baseline, so I smacked the crap out of it right to him. I had no clue his reactions were this bad, but they are, and it hit him right in the eye.  Since nobody really likes him we all started lauging as he rolled around and cried.  The good news for him is that he won the point (the ball flew off off his face into my court, like a drop shot)  As he left the court to go to the nurse he started screaming like a baby and asking why I always kick his a$$.  I don't know what he was talking about, I guess it is just that time of month for him.  He unfortunatly got a black eye.  I apoligized to him like three times, but I don't think he accepted my apology.  Poor guy.