Author Topic: Bundey ~ Tennis Journal  (Read 30266 times)

Offline ERHS

• Tennis Addict
#1federerfan ~ Tennis Journal
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2007, 08:00:39 PM »
So that's 18 including the girls or just guys?

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
  • Formerly known as "#1federerfan"
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2007, 05:11:57 PM »
Just the guys, the girls have 11.

Anyway they sucked and I won 6-2, 6-0!

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2007, 05:41:53 PM »
I played dubs on Monday.  We won easily but I played bad.  I felt like I couldn't to anything with my topspin.  I couldn't hit anything firmly and still get it in.  Pretty much everything went long.  What a frustrating day.  This is the worst I've ever played!!! Any advice?

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2007, 06:03:09 PM »
Quote from: "#1federerfan"
I played dubs on Monday.  We won easily but I played bad.  I felt like I couldn't to anything with my topspin.  I couldn't hit anything firmly and still get it in.  Pretty much everything went long.  What a frustrating day.  This is the worst I've ever played!!! Any advice?

Get out and play again.

And stop looking at that Avatar!

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2007, 08:14:25 AM »

Were your opponents pressuring you into those shots by being at the net?   If they were at the net, then that gives you a target.......which can be very good.    Its always the fundamentals, setting up your strokes with good footwork, head down and eyes on the ball, and of course for topspin, low to high swing!   :)

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2007, 01:11:31 PM »
I think part of it is that I wasn't playing with my usual partner, which sucked.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2007, 03:12:18 PM »
Well let me update you on how the season is going.  After I played so poorly our next match was against our #1 rivals.  We absolutely hate this school.  We haven't beat them in like 5 years and every year it ends up going down to the last doubles match.  Well this year it didn't!  We finally beat them 7-2.  We had a big party afterwards and it felt great!  So anyway I won my exhibiton match, and played better.  Then on monday we played a school who only had 6 players, and I swear I could have beat their #1 guy.   I almost felt bad for them.  All the singles and doubles ended in less than 1 hour and 50 minutes.  It wasn't worth their 2 hour drive down here.  Needless to say we won 9-0.  Our scores this year have been 8-1, 9-0, 9-0, 7-2, 9-0!  So we are now 5-0!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2007, 03:20:31 PM »
Well let me update you on how the season is going.  After I played so poorly our next match was against our #1 rivals.  We absolutely hate this school.  We haven't beat them in like 5 years and every year it ends up going down to the last doubles match.  Well this year it didn't!  We finally beat them 7-2.  We had a big party afterwards and it felt great!  So anyway I won my exhibiton match, and played better.  Then on monday we played a school who only had 6 players, and I swear I could have beat their #1 guy.   I almost felt bad for them.  All the singles and doubles ended in less than 1 hour and 50 minutes.  It wasn't worth their 2 hour drive down here.  Needless to say we won 9-0.  Our scores this year have been 8-1, 9-0, 9-0, 7-2, 9-0!  So we are now 5-0!!!

Boo-yahhhh!   :uh:

Keep up the good work!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2007, 03:23:46 PM »
Congrats on reaching 6-Hun foolio!   :H

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2007, 03:28:37 PM »
Woohoo I didn't even notice that!

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2007, 09:17:57 AM »
On Friday we played a team who was pretty good but not great.  We won 8-1.  I played an exhibition doubles match.  I played great so we won 8-4!  My team is now 6-0!  Monday we play the only other undeafeted school in our disctrict.  It should be a really close match.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2007, 04:46:12 PM »
I went out and served today.  I've been working on the topspin lately, and today it was really coming around.  I have noticed that a lot of people just baby their second serve.  This is terrible so I have been working to get a consistant topspin serve so I don't have to do this.  How much practicing did it take for you get get your topspin down pat?

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2007, 04:49:37 PM »
I went out and served today.  I've been working on the topspin lately, and today it was really coming around.  I have noticed that a lot of people just baby their second serve.  This is terrible so I have been working to get a consistant topspin serve so I don't have to do this.  How much practicing did it take for you get get your topspin down pat?

It has been so long I do not recall.  I think I spent a good few weeks hitting the kick and topspin serve as my first and second serve even in matches just to get use to it and comfortable enough to use it as a second serve.  Once I was comfortable enough I just used it mainly as my second serve and mixed in a harder hit one for my first serve.  Over time it got better and I think even in the last few years it has improved and I have been hitting it for 10 years.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2007, 04:54:07 PM »
Yeah, I have been using my topspin for my first serve for about a week now.  The serve is one of the weaker parts of my game so I really want to iron it out and make it a weapon.  Today it felt good watching it explode as it hit the ground and hitting the fence without bouncing.  I was like heck yeah.

So do you use topspin for your first serve, or is it flat?

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2007, 04:57:09 PM »
I say I mix it up a lot.  I would say I break it down as follows:

60% Kick Serves
20% Slice Serves
20% Flat Serves

On big points like break point I like to use the kick serve because it is a higher percentage for me, allows me to get closer to the net, etc.  It is not as effective but I have no problems playing it out from the net if I have to.
Scott Baker

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2007, 04:58:20 PM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
I say I mix it up a lot.  I would say I break it down as follows:

60% Kick Serves
20% Slice Serves
20% Flat Serves

On big points like break point I like to use the kick serve because it is a higher percentage for me, allows me to get closer to the net, etc.  It is not as effective but I have no problems playing it out from the net if I have to.

I guess I should add that it also depends on who I am playing.  If they are taller like Mike C (you do not know him) I like to use more slice serves to keep him low.  If I notice someone is struggling with a certain type of serve I will make sure I dish out plenty of those to them.
Scott Baker

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2007, 04:58:41 PM »
How do you do a slice serve.  I don't really know what that is.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2007, 05:11:00 PM »
See if this helps any.  I would really like to add some photos someday to make all of these article more solid...
Scott Baker

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2007, 05:40:11 PM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
See if this helps any.  I would really like to add some photos someday to make all of these article more solid...

If what helps  ||-|

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2007, 05:58:43 PM »
How do you do a slice serve.  I don't really know what that is.

A slice serve is ususlly hit from the deuce court (but the add court for you lefties). The idea is to toss the ball a little more in front, and try and hit the outside of the ball to get side spin. You will be going for less pace and trying to place it short up the side service line.
Hopefully you will run your opponent into the next court or the net, or whatever.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)