Author Topic: Bundey ~ Tennis Journal  (Read 31697 times)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
#1federerfan ~ Tennis Journal
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2007, 03:17:08 PM »
Quote from: "#1federerfan"
I played the 4 seed today and won 9-7.  I served well most of the time, but kinda blew it on big points.  I was up 7-4 and was recieving, but lost.  Then I was broken at 7-5 to make it 7-6.  At 7-6 he held to make it 7-7.  Finally I came back strong to win the next to and put him away after nearly blowing it.  He was so shocked he lost, especially to a freshmen, when he is a senior!

Good win homey!   :H

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
  • Formerly known as "#1federerfan"
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2007, 10:47:20 AM »
Well just to update you our season is over.  In the first round of the regionals we won 5-2.  I played at the 6 spot and won 6-0, 6-4.  Then yesterday we lost in the semis of the regionals 5-3.  I played at the 5 spot and lost 6-1, 6-0.  I played absolutely pathetic.  I never capitalized on big points like deuce or ads.  Anyway we had a good season, and it was fun while it lasted.  We finished 9-2!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2007, 05:54:31 PM »
Well just to update you our season is over.  In the first round of the regionals we won 5-2.  I played at the 6 spot and won 6-0, 6-4.  Then yesterday we lost in the semis of the regionals 5-3.  I played at the 5 spot and lost 6-1, 6-0.  I played absolutely pathetic.  I never capitalized on big points like deuce or ads.  Anyway we had a good season, and it was fun while it lasted.  We finished 9-2!

Sorry to hear that your season ended but you guys had a good win percentage!   :)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2007, 05:56:30 PM »
Quote from: "OSU Buckeye"

Sorry to hear that your season ended but you guys had a good win percentage!   :)

Indeed, 9-2 is a sweet record.  Getting to Regionals is pretty good.  Well done yo.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2007, 06:44:51 PM »
Thanks, I already miss it.  I can't wait till next year.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2007, 09:17:14 PM »
I went out and hit with a few guys on the team tonight.  We had five guys, so it kinda sucked.  So what we did is play one game and have somebody rotate out.  I served pretty well, but I really want to work on my topspin serves and get them down pat.  My forehand was pretty good, but lately I've had trouble with controlling and getting topspin on my 2 hander, any advice?

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2007, 02:37:36 AM »
If you want more topspin, shift your grip round a bit and exagerate swinging low to high. For more control, bend your knees a little: it gives you better balance as you hit so less likely to fall away from the shot.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2007, 02:38:35 AM »
For a perfect example, watch Davydenko's backhand. It may not be a weapon, but it hardly ever goes wrong.
Sounds like you had a good season, well done. Keep practicing and improving in the off-season - you can steal a march on the competition that way.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2007, 07:28:41 PM »
I thought I would update everyone not on my tennis, but on my school's tennis.  Ok, so yesterday the number one player on our team lost 6-0, 6-4 in the finals of states.  He was a great player, and this was his first loss of the season.  The second thing I wanted to update you all on was about another team in our district.  If you recall our regular season record was 8-1.  The team we lost to made it to the finals of states.  They played today, but I don't know if they won or lost.  I will tell you tomorrow if they won.  The last thing I want to say is quite dissapointing.  Our girls team was stellar this year.  After winning regionals they went on to states.  They made it to the semis of states, and on their way to states our bus was hit by an 18-wheeler.  Fortunatley nobody was seriously injured, but some people did have to get stiches in their faces.  They were forced to forfeit the semis.  We were all so sad, but happy at the same time because nobody was seriously hurt.  What a bummer eh?

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2007, 07:41:18 PM »
I thought I would update everyone not on my tennis, but on my school's tennis.  Ok, so yesterday the number one player on our team lost 6-0, 6-4 in the finals of states.  He was a great player, and this was his first loss of the season.  The second thing I wanted to update you all on was about another team in our district.  If you recall our regular season record was 8-1.  The team we lost to made it to the finals of states.  They played today, but I don't know if they won or lost.  I will tell you tomorrow if they won.  The last thing I want to say is quite dissapointing.  Our girls team was stellar this year.  After winning regionals they went on to states.  They made it to the semis of states, and on their way to states our bus was hit by an 18-wheeler.  Fortunatley nobody was seriously injured, but some people did have to get stiches in their faces.  They were forced to forfeit the semis.  We were all so sad, but happy at the same time because nobody was seriously hurt.  What a bummer eh?

Yeah, that sucks azz!  Good to hear nobody got hurt though!

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2007, 04:15:57 PM »
On monday instead of studying I decided to go hit with a buddy of mine.  I played ok, but my second serve was a disaster.  I havn't been able to get spin on it lately, so I went out and served today.  Since I wasn't getting any spin with the continental I switch in to the eastern backhand and got massive amount of spin.  Does anybody else do this?

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2007, 04:20:32 PM »
On monday instead of studying I decided to go hit with a buddy of mine.  I played ok, but my second serve was a disaster.  I havn't been able to get spin on it lately, so I went out and served today.  Since I wasn't getting any spin with the continental I switch in to the eastern backhand and got massive amount of spin.  Does anybody else do this?

Yeah, I have been lately.  I have toyed with it before, but always drop it after worrying about additional shoulder pain or something.  Lately, I have been using it to get more kick on the outdoor courts and have been fairly happy with the results.  It also feels good just as the grip which it didn't as much in the past.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2007, 04:26:14 PM »
Does it cause extra shoulder pain?

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2007, 04:35:01 PM »
Does it cause extra shoulder pain?

One time when I changed it seemed like it did but it could have been something else as well.  Either way, you can get you arm used to it and it'll be fine!

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2007, 02:41:56 PM »
Okay, I'm off to go play a match with a friend, I will let you know how it goes.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2007, 02:44:38 PM »
Okay, I'm off to go play a match with a friend, I will let you know how it goes.

Good luck. :H

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2007, 06:02:46 PM »
I did okay today.  I'm not going to go into detail, but I won 6-4, 6-3.  I was up 5-2 in both sets, and let up a little in the first.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2007, 10:29:56 PM »
I did okay today.  I'm not going to go into detail, but I won 6-4, 6-3.  I was up 5-2 in both sets, and let up a little in the first.

Sweet win!  That has to feel good!   :)

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2007, 09:23:23 AM »
Yeah, it does feel good to beat him.  We get pretty competetive sometimes and talk trash.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2007, 06:52:42 PM »
I'm starting a tennis camp tommorow.  It goes from 9 till 12 so I will post on how it goes.  Man summer is sweet!