Author Topic: Bundey ~ Tennis Journal  (Read 30033 times)

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
#1federerfan ~ Tennis Journal
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2007, 01:10:23 AM »
Quote from: "#1federerfan"
I'm starting a tennis camp tommorow.  It goes from 9 till 12 so I will post on how it goes.  Man summer is sweet!

Enjoy your camp, think of me stuck in school with my nose rubbing on the old grindstone  :( Good luck with it  :H

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2007, 08:21:17 AM »
So, you are in the camp now.  Can't wait to hear how it went!   :)

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
  • Formerly known as "#1federerfan"
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2007, 12:25:34 PM »
I just had the camp it was sooo fun!  It went from 8 till 12.  At first we did the running and alll that good stuff.  Then we got to the drills.  They really helped me on my serve and volleys.  After the drills we played olympics.  I was playing with my friend who I mentioned I beat earlier and we killed every other team.  There was some really good competition though.  I can't wait to go back tomorrow.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2007, 12:30:06 PM »
I just had the camp it was sooo fun!  It went from 8 till 12.  At first we did the running and alll that good stuff.  Then we got to the drills.  They really helped me on my serve and volleys.  After the drills we played olympics.  I was playing with my friend who I mentioned I beat earlier and we killed every other team.  There was some really good competition though.  I can't wait to go back tomorrow.

Olympics? How does that work?

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2007, 12:39:30 PM »
Ok, it is a little hard to explain unless you watch it but I will do my best.  It is basically doubles.  Lets say you have 6 teams what you do is start one team on one side of the court, and 5 lined up behind each other on the other side.  A coach will feed a ball to the next team up on the side with 5 teams.  Then they play out the point.  If the challanging team loses the point then they go to the back of the line.  If the challenging team wins the point then both of the players on the challanging team will come up the the net to take an over head.  If they win both overheads then they sprint to the other side of the court.  While they are sprinting to the other side then the next team in line will take an overhead.  If the team that was sprinting even barely touches it than the cycle stops and we start all over again, if the sprinting team doesn't touch it then the cycle continues until somebody does.

Did you catch that?

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2007, 01:01:13 PM »
Ok, it is a little hard to explain unless you watch it but I will do my best.  It is basically doubles.  Lets say you have 6 teams what you do is start one team on one side of the court, and 5 lined up behind each other on the other side.  A coach will feed a ball to the next team up on the side with 5 teams.  Then they play out the point.  If the challanging team loses the point then they go to the back of the line.  If the challenging team wins the point then both of the players on the challanging team will come up the the net to take an over head.  If they win both overheads then they sprint to the other side of the court.  While they are sprinting to the other side then the next team in line will take an overhead.  If the team that was sprinting even barely touches it than the cycle stops and we start all over again, if the sprinting team doesn't touch it then the cycle continues until somebody does.

Did you catch that?

Sounds like what I have heard called "king-of-the-court".   ;-()

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2007, 01:04:33 PM »
Quote from: "OSU Buckeye"

Did you catch that?

Yes, It is also called that.  Most of the time I hear it called olympics though.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2007, 01:48:00 PM »

Did you catch that?

Yes, It is also called that.  Most of the time I hear it called olympics though.

OK, I've played 'king-of-the-court'.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2007, 01:54:49 PM »
Quote from: "kickserve"

Did you catch that?

At my club, king of the court, is 3 people on Court 1, alternate points. 2 are on, loser goes off, and whoever has least amount of points after 5 minutes goes down a court. This is Champion's Court. The other courts have 2 players on, and they play points, and leading player after 5 minutes moves up a court, loser moves down.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2007, 02:07:37 PM »
Quote from: "murrayfan11"

Did you catch that?

That is interesting.  I've never heard of that.  So i guess I wouldn't have had to type all that if I just said King of the Court!  ;-()

At my club, king of the court, is 3 people on Court 1, alternate points. 2 are on, loser goes off, and whoever has least amount of points after 5 minutes goes down a court. This is Champion's Court. The other courts have 2 players on, and they play points, and leading player after 5 minutes moves up a court, loser moves down.

Arg, this is starting to get annoying.  What I was going to say was "if I had just called it King of the Court" to begin with I wouldn't had to have typed all that.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2007, 02:41:50 PM »
Quote from: "murrayfan11"

Did you catch that?

That is interesting.  I've never heard of that.  So i guess I wouldn't have had to type all that if I just said King of the Court!  ;-()

You did it again, you haven't quoted anything. 5 posts away from 1000.

Offline TrueFX

• Tennis Player
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2007, 02:58:28 PM »
Our version of King of the Court is similar.  One difference is that if the challengers hit a Clean Winner (defined as no one getting their racket on the ball), then they move to the Kings side immediately rather than having to win both points.

This is a fun drill as every team in the rotation gives you a different look.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2007, 04:11:01 PM »
That is a really interesting idea FX, I'm going to suggest that tomorrow!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2007, 04:14:41 PM »

I think when I've played 'Olympics' we made it much simpler: the challengers form a queue and serve every point: if they win they move round to the other side to become 'King', the previous King joining the back of the Challenger queue, if they lose they go to the back of the Challenegr queue. Each player tots up the number of points they win: the winner is the person who wins the most after a set time. The only drawback with the format is you can't realistically play it with more than 4 players, or the waiting time can be way too long.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2007, 10:22:33 AM »

I think when I've played 'Olympics' we made it much simpler: the challengers form a queue and serve every point: if they win they move round to the other side to become 'King', the previous King joining the back of the Challenger queue, if they lose they go to the back of the Challenegr queue. Each player tots up the number of points they win: the winner is the person who wins the most after a set time. The only drawback with the format is you can't realistically play it with more than 4 players, or the waiting time can be way too long.

That sounds like something I know as Champions and Challengers. Let say there's 4 courts. 4 people are selected as champions, they go to the champion side of each court. Everyone else challenges any of the champions. Challenger serves, and if challenger wins, he goes to champions side, but doesn't get a point until he defends his position. If champion wins, he gets a point, and challenger goes to challenge somebody else.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2007, 12:47:43 PM »
Nothing exciting lately, just been hitting around a lot.  I got a new PD with cortex though, I love this raquet.

Specs of raquet

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2007, 11:07:57 AM »
I haven't really done anything exciting lately just a LOT of hitting with friends.  Unfortunately my knees have given me a lot of trouble and I couldn't even hit or mow the lawn yesterday.  I'm feeling better today though, so I think I'm gonna hit.

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
Re: #1federerfan ~ Tennis Journal
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2007, 08:54:09 PM »
I thought I would update everyone on what is going on with me.  I have been playing about 5 times a week for the past few months.  I have really been working on getting my volleys down pat.  They used to be such a weakness for me, but now they are actuallly getting crip, and a bit of a weapon.  I'm really get anxious for the season to start, too bad it starts in Feb!

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2007, 08:55:09 PM »
I thought I would update everyone on what is going on with me.  I have been playing about 5 times a week for the past few months.  I have really been working on getting my volleys down pat.  They used to be such a weakness for me, but now they are actuallly getting crip, and a bit of a weapon.  I'm really get anxious for the season to start, too bad it starts in Feb!

BTW I have grown 2 inches and 8 pounds since I started this thread!  HEHE.  I'm taller than scott.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2007, 09:37:41 PM »

BTW I have grown 2 inches and 8 pounds since I started this thread!  HEHE.  I'm taller than scott.

No, I grew 3" just yesterday.  Well, around the waist that is...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:41:35 PM by dmastous »
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com